Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 15394 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Elf Academy [Turn 1: Go Hard Or Go Home]
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2020, 04:25:48 am »

Try again. It can't be that hard to levitate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2020, 07:22:44 am »

Use Chaos to turn the poison into a harmless pigment

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2020, 07:27:09 am »

"COME ON!! DO IT, BREAK MY BONES!!"

Magically Toughen my body and try to tank his next attack, then punch him in the stomach and if he doubles in pain knee him in the face.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2020, 08:31:26 am »

"You call that a fucking hex!? I'll show you a fucking hex!"

Life, Reversal, Arguing: Use oral narration in the form of argumentation as a focus to reverse the spell's effect back onto the dipship death mage, but better, because I'm better, fuck you.

There is something called idiocy in most elves.. But they do seem to be an enemy. Might be good for a fast warrior.

"Have something to take care of, just give me a bit." [said to the one I was guiding before. Won't need to make her a servant right now, so friendship it is.]

Lifespan Drain them to DEATH. Once they've dropped dead I can turn their body into a servant.[Death, Time.][Borrowed Time boosting the action.]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:34:47 am by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 08:58:20 am »

"Why of course! Anyone who cannot take some lead to the chest is unworthy of lead at all!"
Ok but seriously, let's do the whole "improve the fire, make the lead melt quicker" thing I came here to do. I want that commendation.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 05:50:15 pm »

Go hang out with the NPC student Maerith Thornmantle. Another Water-aligned student is interesting, plus, having someone to practice my polymorph spell with would be great -- by which I mean I want to perfect the feminine charm and grace aspect, of course! And she seems a good partner to help with that.

"Do you think it would work?" Wylmir asks cordially. "Having you boost the spell with your power, I mean. I'd be in your debt if you could..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 09:06:48 pm »

Turn 2: Coordination

"You call that a fucking hex!? I'll show you a fucking hex!"

Life, Reversal, Arguing: Use oral narration in the form of argumentation as a focus to reverse the spell's effect back onto the dipship death mage, but better, because I'm better, fuck you.
There is something called idiocy in most elves.. But they do seem to be an enemy. Might be good for a fast warrior.

"Have something to take care of, just give me a bit." [said to the one I was guiding before. Won't need to make her a servant right now, so friendship it is.]

Lifespan Drain them to DEATH. Once they've dropped dead I can turn their body into a servant.[Death, Time.][Borrowed Time boosting the action.]
[1] vs [3] The cat-elf tries to reverse the hex, but just ends up magnifying it. She feels herself slow down as Aelfi speeds up, time siphoned from one to the other.

This would be made worse by Aelfi lifespan draining the cat-elf, but she's immortal or pretty close so she just feels kind of hungry. This is possibly for the best as Aelfi subjects herself to the same drain in the process.

Time transfer now permanent!
Feli: +1 xp to Toadying
Aelfi: +2 xp to Death, +1 xp to Time
Now +2 Apprentice Precept of Death!

"Perfect!  It might not be a pointy weapon, but this crab monster could well be a great person inside."

Use Chaos, Joy, and Flattery to change the crab into someone happy.. who'll let me in and maybe teach me how to properly use armour.
[6] You cheer up the crab monster by convincing it that it's a wonderful person you'll make silver power armor for so it can murder its enemies. Slowly. Painfully. Revel in the screams. Savor the blood as well as hope flee from their ruined shells.

This pep talk may have gotten slightly out of your control, but at least the crab monster has no further objections to you looting the warehouse. There's mostly silver bars in there, far more than you could carry, but also a smattering of miscellaneous metals.

+2 xp to Chaos, Joy, Flattery
Now +1 Novice Precept of Chaos!
Now +1 Novice Precipitation of Flattery!
Free access to the warehouse!
Apparently swore a blood oath to help torture the crab monster's enemies to death!

Try again. It can't be that hard to levitate.
[2] Apparently it's that hard to levitate. The professor yawns and ignores you, at least.

Use Chaos to turn the poison into a harmless pigment
[6] It um... bleeds dye now. Hideous, garish-looking neon green. Not toxic though! Just hideous and, uh, goopy? Probably stains too.

+6 xp to Chaos
Now +2 Apprentice Precept of Chaos!
Flowers no longer poisonous, just hideous and leaking!

"COME ON!! DO IT, BREAK MY BONES!!"

Magically Toughen my body and try to tank his next attack, then punch him in the stomach and if he doubles in pain knee him in the face.
[1] You magically soften your flesh into perfectly punchable clay.

[1] He sees right through your cunning ruse, and feints on three sides before backflipping himself face first onto the floor.

+1 xp to Chaos
+Soft Flesh: Really satisfying to punch

"Why of course! Anyone who cannot take some lead to the chest is unworthy of lead at all!"
Ok but seriously, let's do the whole "improve the fire, make the lead melt quicker" thing I came here to do. I want that commendation.
[3] You nurture a forge-fire to grow hotter and bigger, but don't have time to whisper sweet nothings to your bar or armor yourself against the flame. In fact, you have to keep blowing on the fire to keep its current heat.

+3 xp to Life
Now +2 Apprentice Precept of Life!

Go hang out with the NPC student Maerith Thornmantle. Another Water-aligned student is interesting, plus, having someone to practice my polymorph spell with would be great -- by which I mean I want to perfect the feminine charm and grace aspect, of course! And she seems a good partner to help with that.

"Do you think it would work?" Wylmir asks cordially. "Having you boost the spell with your power, I mean. I'd be in your debt if you could..."
[6] You seem to make quite an impression on her. "Yes, I think my own abilities could complement this project nicely. More importantly, you'd make a good minion, so I have an interest in preventing your agonizing death.

Come, slave! Let us alter your form and then seduce the professor."

+6 xp to Flattery
Now +2 Apprentice Flattery!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 2: Coordination]
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 09:35:33 pm »

NO NO NO. Try again to harden my body then attack Arkaras
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 10:43:38 pm »

Maybe you should take up slapstick comedy instead?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »

"Wading through fountains of blood is very much not-Christmas."

Retrieve some metal, and approach the NPC Daelin Fangsong. "Hey, Want to help out?  I'll give you some metal too if you help me build this.."

Try to go build a lovely magical forge out of a single bar of metal, using Precept of Fire, Particular of Metal, and Precipitation of Architecture.  Ask Daelin Fangsong to help out, perhaps with air to help with the draught, Song for some pumping tunes or such.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:02:47 am by Devastator »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 11:41:53 pm »

Gratefully accepting the help, Wylmir does his best to focus on getting the polymorph right. Gotta go girl! And hopefully without looking like some wannabe drag queen. Oh, and apparently this is now to be useful to my new... confidant? Yeah, let's go with that.

"What's your opinion on Chaos, by the by?" he asks conversationally. "Or are you more the Ordered kind of mistress?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2020, 03:53:32 am »

Keep working on it damnit, I’ll make sure this lead melts like it’s supposed to. Try making sure the lead is in an easily-melted state first this time, rather than doing the fire first.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:41:44 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hotfire90

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2020, 07:40:59 am »

Celine was immensely frustrated that she wasn't making any progress. Her rivals surely would notice her weakness soon and try to kill her for their own gain. She decided that she would beat them to it by doing what she was always good at, inspiring hate in others.

Give a random student a sudden burst of murderous hate against the headmistress. Use the Air precept for this.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:10:52 am by Hotfire90 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2020, 08:06:25 am »

Something isn't right here, that spell should have her dead, but... Guess I'll need to do something more direct.

OoC, why are they not dead yet?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:36:41 am by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2020, 10:37:23 am »

Something isn't right here, that spell should have her dead, but... Guess I'll need to do something more direct.

OoC, why are they not dead yet?
your target is immortal, please reread the turn
The cat-elf tries to reverse the hex, but just ends up magnifying it. She feels herself slow down as Aelfi speeds up, time siphoned from one to the other.

This would be made worse by Aelfi lifespan draining the cat-elf, but she's immortal or pretty close so she just feels kind of hungry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9