Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 15425 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 5: Adaptation]
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2020, 03:15:22 pm »

"...another bar of lead, please."
Once I get the bar, put it in the fire to melt it, hopefully. In the meantime, see if I can actually figure out how the fire itself works, so I can use magic in that vein more directly later on.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:02:05 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2020, 03:16:07 pm »

Use Precept of Chaos + Particular of Flesh To allow my paralyzed body to move via partially warping the joints of it.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2020, 03:35:35 pm »

Use The Life Precept and the Hallucinogen Particular to grow the hallucinogen to hopefully make the whole crystal hallucinogenic

Hotfire90

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2020, 03:59:27 pm »

This had gone the exact opposite as it should have for Celine. She was supposed to triumph over her rival and claim his corpse for herself, instead she was heavily burned by said rival and left too weak to claim her revenge for now.
Being left in this vulnerable state left Celine only one option, asking one of her rivals for help. She gritted her teeth as she walked up to Lyrica. "You! Fix my body and I won't horribly kill you! Do a good enough job and it might even be the start of a great and beautiful friendship!"

Nicely ask Lyrica to fix my charred body with her life magic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2020, 04:38:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I somehow managed to literally jump two ranks in a magic I had no experience in, which is neat. Going to have fun with that a bit later.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:15:08 pm by TricMagic »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2020, 05:17:52 pm »

"Okay, now some cool armour and I should be good for the Earth sigil.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:15:56 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2020, 10:56:18 pm »

"Victory by any means necessary. Now give me that shiny already."

(Life, Instinct, Alchemy) Brew some bullshit to eliminate my slowness by enhancing my instinct to compensate.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2020, 10:59:18 pm »

(Not sure why something mental would affect something physical(speed))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2020, 09:03:07 am »

(Not sure why something mental would affect something physical(speed))

(Closer to conceptual? They were the ones to solidify the thing in the first place.)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2020, 11:17:26 pm »

"W... Well...!" Wylmir murmurs, gears turning in his head. "This... this can't be the limit. Maybe ice could 'freeze' the ripples?"

Leaving that thought for now, Wylmir suggests Maerith be first to go try with the water professor. Maybe her new abnormality may actually prove interesting to him? Flatter her and psych her up for it, as a wonderful example to her hard-working servant(s)!

Meanwhile, I want to focus on perfecting this female shift thing. Let's try injecting a little Serenity into it this time, to try and control the tidal nature of the transformation and help me focus on attaining girl-state for a prolonged time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2020, 12:56:45 am »

Turn 6: Partial Credit

"...another bar of lead, please."
Once I get the bar, put it in the fire to melt it, hopefully. In the meantime, see if I can actually figure out how the fire itself works, so I can use magic in that vein more directly later on.
"What do you mean, you already passed right?" she responds with barely-restrained glee.

Great.

Use Precept of Chaos + Particular of Flesh To allow my paralyzed body to move via partially warping the joints of it.
[2] You fleshify the paralyzed joints which just makes them all bendy. You're now paralyzed and articulated rather than paralyzed and statue-ish.

Still horribly mangled regardless.

Elven Delight -> Articulated Elven Delight

Use The Life Precept and the Hallucinogen Particular to grow the hallucinogen to hopefully make the whole crystal hallucinogenic
[1] You render the crystal... uh... ever-shifting? You're not sure whether you're hallucinating while watching it or it's eternally changing around or what, but the crystal is now trippy to watch. It doesn't look very hallucinogenic to lick, though.

+1 xp to Chaos
Now +1 Novice Precept of Chaos!
Flowers now Fractally Flowing

This had gone the exact opposite as it should have for Celine. She was supposed to triumph over her rival and claim his corpse for herself, instead she was heavily burned by said rival and left too weak to claim her revenge for now.
Being left in this vulnerable state left Celine only one option, asking one of her rivals for help. She gritted her teeth as she walked up to Lyrica. "You! Fix my body and I won't horribly kill you! Do a good enough job and it might even be the start of a great and beautiful friendship!"

Nicely ask Lyrica to fix my charred body with her life magic.
[4] You implore Lyrica to fix your charred flesh with a quick burst of emotion. Rubbing her eyes, she mumbles okay.

[5] She regrows your skin as plants and falls back asleep. So... that's a thing.

+2 xp to Air, +1 xp to Persuasion
Badly Charred -> Plantskin

I somehow managed to literally jump two ranks in a magic I had no experience in, which is neat. Going to have fun with that a bit later.
[3] You siphon out the magic but it breaks down unevenly, falling to shards. Pointy shards. Inside you.

Moving is now awkward for a slightly different reason. You don't have time to also murder the plant-based interloper bothering Lyrica.

+3 xp to Death
Wombshell -> Wombshards

"Okay, now some cool armour and I should be good for the Earth sigil.
[1] You try to convince the crab to murder the giant elf death-mage, but he seems to like the cut of his jib and asks him to come along for the screams of the unworthy. Naturally, he accepts, and the three of you merrily head off to your destination. You are not sure you're in good company.

[5] Not until you reach your first victim, anyway, which appears to be some kind of Chaos Death Slime. It's very large, shaped like a skull, and composed of constantly swirling, sickly dark green goo. It's also in the process of de-marrowing baby squirrels, which is probably something Order disapproves of? Or maybe it approves because you're keeping the marrow separate from the squirrel bones?

...anyway, you and your crew try to murder the slime.

[1] You hurl yourself straight into its maw, where it begins both digesting and mutating you. So that's nice.
[4] Your crab-friend rams it with its new "armor," inflicting devastating wounds. Well, they'd be devastating on a creature with muscle and such. You have no idea how much being split asunder like that hurts a goo-thing.
[4] The giant elf death-mage slaps chunks of it away, the same absurd fighting style he used to absolutely no effect earlier proving weirdly effective against a gelatinous ever-changing mass.

+1 xp to Pastry Chef
Being digestion-mutated by giant slime

"Victory by any means necessary. Now give me that shiny already."

(Life, Instinct, Alchemy) Brew some bullshit to eliminate my slowness by enhancing my instinct to compensate.
You and the giant elf take your well earned shinies definitely signifying magical skill. You proceed to look for some kind of alchemy station, while your mate wanders off to murder things with a giant crab.

[6] You wander into one of the buildings in the Water Arch with a cauldron in the middle and ingredients lining the shelves. A helpful octopus-thing attached to the ceiling even grabs things for you when you need them and locks the door to make sure you're not disturbed.

[6] You brew up something and slam it down. Your body tenses up, vibrating with energy as you constantly freak out to compensate for being slowed down. It's probably not healthy, but it works!

+2 xp to Life, Instinct, Alchemy
Now +1 Novice of Alchemy!
+Instinct Caffeine
Door still locked!

"W... Well...!" Wylmir murmurs, gears turning in his head. "This... this can't be the limit. Maybe ice could 'freeze' the ripples?"

Leaving that thought for now, Wylmir suggests Maerith be first to go try with the water professor. Maybe her new abnormality may actually prove interesting to him? Flatter her and psych her up for it, as a wonderful example to her hard-working servant(s)!

Meanwhile, I want to focus on perfecting this female shift thing. Let's try injecting a little Serenity into it this time, to try and control the tidal nature of the transformation and help me focus on attaining girl-state for a prolonged time.

[4] You convince her to go for it. She's got this!

[3] She's sorta got this. She comes back dejected but with a coin, and with a rose bobbing in her bubbly shoulder.

+2 xp to Water, +1 xp to Flattery
Now +2 Apprentice of Water!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 6: Partial Credit]
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2020, 01:07:28 am »

Slash my way out of here.  Use Metal and Halberd-Elf.  Damn blob-monster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2020, 05:23:16 am »

Let's see. I'm in a room. It's locked and I can't get out. I'm an immortal elf. The room contains alchemy equipment, and I have +1 alchemy. Alchemy is potentially broad enough to encompass any Precept. The easiest way to gain a new precept is to roll it alongside one other skill which you have at at least +1. Having +1 in all precepts would let me do literally anything with at least 1 magnitude, which is extremely useful.
The correct course of action is clear. Stay in this room and do alchemy until I'm a master alchemist and student of every Precept.

"I like this room. It's comfy. There's even a lock on the door. Is this what having a home is like? I'm just going to live here until someone kicks me out."

(Death, ---, Alchemy) Brew a poison which doesn't cause physical harm but saps one's attention. Doubles as a recreational drug and a weapon!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2020, 05:51:57 am »

Drag myself into the Arch of Life and try to Drain the Life-force of the plants there to heal myself
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:31 am »

Bit more even in death-draining the spell structure this time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9