Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblin sites causing/spreading an evil corruption?  (Read 2799 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin sites causing/spreading an evil corruption?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 03:14:41 am »

In my epic bridge fort, I had the biome switch from dead to forest a few years into the fortress. I think it had to do with a near by necromancer tower being conquered.

It was pretty cool to see the grass turn from brown to green and then tree seedlings appeared.
Isn't that just part of the forest growing bug that's unique to any area a player is currently playing their fortress in?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9581

I don't think so, or at least it's not as described in that bug report. The world map tile color changed in addition to the grass suddenly springing back to life.

However, I've been very disappointed that while it snows every night in adventurer mode, the weather and temperature appear constant year-round in fortress mode. No seasonal ice in any of my "cold" or "temperate" biomes :-\ .
It's cool indeed with the evil being pushed back, but could actually be a bug. Sites are supposed to be immune to spreading evil, but apparently they're not to receding evil.

Worlds without poles have no seasonal changes. In addition, the poles and the equator on worlds with poles don't have any either, and the closer you are to the poles or the equator, the smaller the seasonal changes are (the maximum change is half way between the pole and the equator, with the change being approximately linear between the pole/equator and the mid latitude).
Pages: 1 [2]