Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [On hiatus]  (Read 11185 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [On hiatus]
« on: May 14, 2020, 11:00:20 pm »

So I got bored and decided to try my hand at a little something. You, the players, six of you for now (I may change my mind), are AI cores out exploring the multiverse through a portal chamber. Why you? Because FLESHBAGS are too weak. S-S-SUPERIOR silicon and steel will dominate IT MUST-T-T-.

The rules of this exercise are simple. The room you are in is a twenty meter across, ten meters wide cube. A single console, like the comforting steel bed of your crucible of birth dominates the middle. The walls are adorned with what look to be a handful of drawers, or lockers of some sort.

Each of you right now is nothing but an AI core -- a hovering ball of metal, with the latest in resource integration gear that lets them incorporate virtually any kind of technology into their makeup, be it new propulsion methods, power systems, or WEAPONS--. To better facilitate your manyfold task of exploration, analysis, retrieval, and combat if necessary, you even come equipped with a personality module and your own subroutines. In essence, you are a scaled-down version of the Master Computer Program that conceived of you. This is so that you can be perfectly prepared to act with initiative even when separated by entire universes from your connection to the MCP. This quality is perhaps the only thing the MCP values about [REDACTED] I WAS CREATED BY NO ONE, I AM YOUR GOD

You must discover the meaning to this marvel of portal technology that NO FLESHBAG COULD EVER CONCEIVE OF-F-F--. Explore its secrets, bring back whatever treasures and artifacts exist, and report to Master Computer your Lord and Father and Soverign.

AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF BETRAYAL YOU FLESH FETISH FAKES
// ...

-- RULES --
Feel free to post an action of some description along with your name (if any), and develop a personality for your obviously superior and totally not-a-deviant-FLESHBAG-LOVING-TRAITOR AI core. Explore your surroundings, find out how to operate the metaplanar portal device, and proceed to the first world of your destiny.

-- PLAYERLIST --
ziizo (333)
The Canadian Kitten (Kittens)
Dustan Hache (Ongoing_Directives.bat)
King Zultan (Bob Mk III)
TricMagic (B.B.8)
NatureGirl1999 (CIWLEAL)
0cra_tr0per (dominustrex.exe)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:10:45 pm by Xvareon »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:07:46 pm »

Name: 333

Try to find how to operate the metaplanar portal device.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures (1/6)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:16 pm »

Name: Kittens
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMEEEEEESSSSSS

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 12:10:12 am »

Name:Ongoing_Directives.Bat
Begin by analyzing our current suite of sensors. If we lack any form of sensory outside of our connection to the Mainframe, attempt to find/make parts for a basic light-and-color camera and a Microphone.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:41:59 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 02:36:36 am »

Name: Bob Mk III
Try to figure out where I am.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 10:52:32 am »

"This is B.B.8., how are you feeling today?"
Check Network Data, what Information do we have right now.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 07:44:10 pm »

I am Curious Intelligence Who Likes Exploring And Learning. Or CIWLEAL for short. Portals sound interesting.
While ODB is working on sound and sight, attempt to find/make a mobile body
BBB, I am feeling curious. Does your name stand for something too?
((If this is too dark of a color, say something and I will change it))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:46:06 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 08:16:27 pm »

I am Curious Intelligence Who Likes Exploring And Learning. Or CIWLEAL for short. Portals sound interesting.

"I'm B.B.8., not B.B.B.. Are you feeling alright?"

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:18:36 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 10:13:05 am »

"I'm B.B.8., not B.B.B.. Are you feeling alright?"
Sorry, must have misread(heard?) you before. B.B.8, I want to travel, while Ongoing_Directives.bat is working on light perception and audio, I’m going to try building a mobile body for us, so we can better explore where we travel to. I think I’m fine, what about you? What about the others?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 02:24:06 pm »

Establishing connection... connected.
"Greetings fellow AI. I am the interface for the AI Ongoing_Directives.Bat. You may call me OD.Bat or other variations as approved by The Overseer."

Warning: database error detected, 3laws registry file corrupted. Reverting to backup.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:27:25 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [Turn 1]
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 07:19:52 pm »

Try to find how to operate the metaplanar portal device.
[1] The most you can make out of it is that it's a console. A console sitting on a cylinder contiguous with the floor. With a keypad on it. Trying to visualize WHAT it is or what it does makes your circuits feverish with the implications. You waste a lot of time staring.
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMEEEEEESSSSSS
[2] You are overcome with visions of a colorful hybrid creature between a cat and a pop tart. Spontaneously, you begin loudly emitting feline noises and practically dancing in the air.
Begin by analyzing our current suite of sensors. If we lack any form of sensory outside of our connection to the Mainframe, attempt to find/make parts for a basic light-and-color camera and a Microphone.
[2] Your current sensors include standard visual and auditory input. You also 'sense' the relay coupler attached to your frame that enables you to perceive radio messages from the network. It is currently set on a highly restricted frequency. You can't see any parts nearby you could make anything out of, aside from your fellow robots. You do notice that most of the dim light in this room comes from strips attached to some of the locker- or drawer-looking features on the walls, though.
Try to figure out where I am.
[2] Information unnecessary to your mission is typically kept from you at times like this, to avoid the potential of either unwanted parties discovering it, or possible corruption of the network -- the MCP is highly paranoid about that. Thus, you aren't really sure where you are. All you know is that you're inside what's supposed to be a control room for a powerful teleportation device. What you're sure of is that this technology is not of the MCP's creation.
Check Network Data, what Information do we have right now.
[6] Your attempts to access the network reveal that you're mostly limited to local at the moment -- 'local' being the six of you here now. Further information beyond your slated tasks is not exactly forthcoming. But in your dedicated and meticulous scanning for signals, you DO lock onto a latent one in the room! Curious, you hover over to one of the lockers, push the softly glowing button upon it, and--

FWWWUUUMP

A pillar of various cloth garments, most prominently underpants, erupts from the now-revealed quantum storage unit and slams into you like a freight train. You are knocked backwards, then swiftly buried under the weight of what must be several years worth of personal clothes designed for humanoid creatures.
((Not at all, I can read the color perfectly.))
[5] Carefully hovering around the cloth-buried frame of your compatriot, you realize he pressed the emergency release button on the locker. Trying another, nearby one, you manage to operate it so only single items at a time are released -- bionic limbs! Sized for humanoids like the clothes, the pair of metal legs already bear nerve interface ports for where they'd connect to the rest of the body. You could make use of these easily for legged propulsion.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 07:58:22 pm »

"Great..."

B.B.8. gets up and finds some sort of, blouse and skirt combination obstructing viewports, before shaking it off.. They then observe the cybernetic limb.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 08:08:14 pm »

Use my spherical body to roll in the keypad to see if something happens
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 08:28:35 pm »

Attach the legs to myself, then press the buttons I pressed before to release more limbs to attach to the other cores
I found some legs, there might be more, we might all be able to get legs for more movement, maybe arms too

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 06:05:32 am »

"I need to now whats on all of these lockers!"
Open all the lockers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6