Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [On hiatus]  (Read 11316 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 11:41:16 am »

:( Attempted to stick gun on body. Failure. Visual sensors damaged.
Head out to the unknown world!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2020, 03:25:10 pm »

B.B.8. remains behind for now.

Thoughts: Right, accessing protocol.

Search the locker for legs, arms and a head, preferably of female form, as most humanoid species find that to be calming, among other things. Long Purple hair and eyes if possible.

As well as a torso module to disguise myself. After that I'll.. Hmm, skirt, blouse, underwear, and shoes.

Thoughts: B.B.8, Psychological Program, ready to explore.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 11:46:10 pm »

((Did I miss the deadline for getting into this?))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 12:41:49 pm »

It's been almost a week. Is this dead?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 08:49:32 pm »

Very sorry how long this took. I had part of it written up, I just got distracted by a bunch of other things going on. Nothing bad—I'm not sick or anything, just caught a rut and took time getting up. But here it is!

Turn 4
Is there any way to pinpoint the origin of the signal? Perhaps with a on-site investigation we can determine what the rest of the corrupted data says more accurately. Worst case, it will be untraceable or from a source outside of our current dimension and we will have to seek out a key to try and track it down.
[1] All you know for certain is that the transmission was simply a pre-recorded message, and it certainly wasn't set there recently. You fail to come up with any reliable leads within the structure of the portal device, beyond the fact that the number '4' on the center pedestal is glowing a soft green to indicate your current world. Judging from the message alone, though, you're pretty sure the lack of information is... more or less intentional.
Kittens, what happened to you? I saw numerous angry cats, which I think indicates that something’s wrong
Head in the direction of the star shaped fort, looking around and listening as I travel
[5] Alert and cautious, you expertly pick among the craggy terrain and make a steady clip forward. A good thing, too -- a number of interesting features stick out to you quickly. Your immediate vicinity and that of the portal device is clear, except for the odd cactus and curious bird- or lizard-like creature. The sheer biodiversity of plants and animals, especially for hot scrubland like this, strikes you as interesting considering the industrial era-looking structure some ways off -- you infer from this that the greater area is largely untapped and left to nature. A fact that somewhat disturbs your innate robot sensibilities.
Try to detect this key and move towards it. if I fail to detect the key just go in a random direction in search for treasures.
[3] Using the algorithm transmitted by Ongoing_Directives.bat, you detect the signal of a key coming from the general direction of the star-shaped structure. It doesn't say WHAT exactly it IS, however. You cautiously pick your way across the terrain towards the fort.
'What's with the sudden visions of cats, and there seems to be a structure near us I'm gonna go check it out."
Float over to the structure and see what its all about.
[6] BLASTOFF! You gravely overstretch your thrusting capacity, sending you rocketing into the air in a roughly 45-degree arc!

[1] Pinwheeling like a maple seed, you fly out of control, catapulting ungracefully for a good fifteen meters before slamming back down into the dirt. [3] Thankfully, the damage is minimal enough, aside from a very unhelpful gathering of dust and sand caked onto your frame.
:( Attempted to stick gun on body. Failure. Visual sensors damaged.
Head out to the unknown world!
[4] Dejected, you leave the relative safety of the machine for the alien outdoors, following your companions. Your bottom half bumps and crumples the shelf of earth on your way, and you awkwardly lift yourself up higher. Actually seeing anything that goes on out here is difficult.
B.B.8. remains behind for now.

Thoughts: Right, accessing protocol.

Search the locker for legs, arms and a head, preferably of female form, as most humanoid species find that to be calming, among other things. Long Purple hair and eyes if possible. As well as a torso module to disguise myself. After that I'll.. Hmm, skirt, blouse, underwear, and shoes.

Thoughts: B.B.8, Psychological Program, ready to explore.
[5] You notice a distinct lack of torso prosthetics. Not those that would fit your spherical frame. You instead dig out legs, arms, and with a bit of work, cannibalize the chest plate portion of a metal torso that you do find. All are now clipped onto you, somewhat ungainly, but you now have legged propulsion, a second pair of arms, and some features to distinguish your main body from the others. The head is a different story. Those just do not exist, not in the form you imagined. What you get is a cranial plating extension used to augment (or replace) a skull. The face is decidedly robotic. The MCP might even approve. (Humanoid bionic arms + original robot arms grant +1 to actions requiring hand dexterity/grip. +1 to damage resistance rolls.)

-----

333 and CIWLEAL both reach the fort this turn. On approach, both of you are quick to notice obvious signs of habitation. Aside from the walls, there is a large square asphalt landing pad a short distance away, with four softly blinking strobe lights—just judging by the size, it's likely for smaller shuttle craft to land, not cargo haulers. The walls of the fort are made of a hodgepodge of steel plates and slats, concrete slabs and rebar. Even from this distance, you see a few prominent emplacements at the 'spokes' of the star, what looks to you like defensive turrets and security cameras. Surprisingly, none of them trigger at your presence.

As you draw closer, a number of humanoids start to appear. You didn't notice any manning the walls before, but now that you can make out the presence of what looks like security gates at irregular spacings, you also notice the very obviously armed guards decked out in heavy-duty plating walking right towards you.

One of them raises an arm, flagging you down. But all of them have their guns pointed low, non-threatening. You hear who seems to be the leader speak, a masculine voice filtered through his helmet. [2] Unfortunately, none of what he's saying makes any sense to either of you.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 09:50:49 pm »

Transmit a link to the translator database to the others while i catch up with them. Hopefully it will allow them to decipher the ongoing communication that I am currently not in range to translate directly.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 10:14:32 pm »

Name: dominustrex.exe
>Figure out what the fuck is going on. Inspect self. See available mechanical parts to integrate into me. Launch a thermonuclear missile at Jeffo for stealing my cuban ipad

what do you mean this joke died in 2017
Screech internally, despite not knowing if I even have any mean of outputting sound.
it's over

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 10:37:34 pm »

(( I'll decide whether or not to add you in later, 0cra-tr0per. But since this is pretty much game start, still, I just might. ;) ))

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2020, 06:38:23 am »

Try to talk with them through binary.

*Hi. Do you understand me now?*
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2020, 06:51:40 am »

Also talk with binary, wait until 333 finishes his/her sentence then
*apologies, we currently don’t have a translator right now, when we can understand you, we will respond to your query/command in a manner that makes sense*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2020, 08:09:44 am »

Shake myself off and float over to the fort and see what everyone's doing over there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2020, 12:48:09 pm »

I guess float to the fort. On the way there, find materials to repair visual sensor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2020, 08:47:07 am »

Using my newfound ability to actually touch the buttons, look into the directory to find an advanced translator device and access the locker it's in.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 11:16:33 pm »

Turn 5

Try to talk with them through binary.

*Hi. Do you understand me now?*
[5] You send a matching pattern of both light pulses and audible sounds through binary, attempting to communicate. The humanoids pause, looking at you intently. The leader awkwardly adjusts their weapon, and taps a gloved finger to some kind of interface on their helmet. You repeat your message one more time, and the humanoid leader nods, before matching your signalling code back to you with his own.

*Yes. Can [process or understand] standard binary. Why are you here alone? Where is your [handler/controller/master]?*
Also talk with binary, wait until 333 finishes his/her sentence then
*apologies, we currently don’t have a translator right now, when we can understand you, we will respond to your query/command in a manner that makes sense*
[3] The being with the binary-translating helmet glances at you. Then... he looks over at one of the others nearby, who nervously fingers the trigger well of his rifle. There's a brief spatter of dialogue between them, before the one in front addresses you.

*You should not be here without organic [handlers/masters]. Orphaned intelligences are a [danger/threat]. We are to provide the [device/technology/artifact] to team corresponding to same signature of your [ship/conveyance]. What happened?*

You notice the group tensing up. A few more return their weapons to a five-o-clock-ready posture. The leader and a couple others remain steady for now.
Transmit a link to the translator database to the others while i catch up with them. Hopefully it will allow them to decipher the ongoing communication that I am currently not in range to translate directly.
[4] You manage, though with difficulty, to send an outbound signal with the link; it doesn't properly activate until after you leave the confines of the room, and set off after the others. You realize this is the same signal-scrambling sheath that played a role in your not being to properly access the network (though the MCP's willful withholding of information was the main cause).
All players now understand Human!
Shake myself off and float over to the fort and see what everyone's doing over there.
[4] You catch up to your companions in easy time. They are being addressed by 6 armed humans (you know this term from the linguasoft so helpfully distributed via localnet), and as you draw closer, you hear them speaking in worried voices.

"Why don't they understand us?" "I don't get it. This can't be the whole group." "Were we just expecting one 'cube?"
I guess float to the fort. On the way there, find materials to repair visual sensor.
[1] You misjudge the distance midflight, knocking over a cactus on your way! It spills viscous orange ichor across your metal frame. You are now covered in what feels like industrial-grade petroleum. Still, you manage to move most of the way to the fort.
Using my newfound ability to actually touch the buttons, look into the directory to find an advanced translator device and access the locker it's in.
[1] You can't seem to find a manifest or proper directory for the contents of the lockers anywhere. Frustrated, you try opening a random one -- noticing too late it's already empty.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

The quantum stockpiling module opens wide, and SUCKS YOU IN! You feel your matter spatially compressed to a highly uncomfortable degree, but somehow, you also hear the beeping continue unabated. Realizing you're not a valid item, the hatch regurgitates your half-compressed body outward, sending you flying across the room!

5 (4 + 1) You CLANG and BASH across the floor, bouncing off two walls like an 8-ball with legs before your internal gyroscope finally stabilizes you. Though a significant portion of your atoms were just squeezed like a cheap iced juice through a straw, you are remarkably still whole. Your bionic limbs appear quite sturdy.
>Figure out what the fuck is going on. Inspect self. See available mechanical parts to integrate into me. Launch a thermonuclear missile at Jeffo for stealing my cuban ipad
You awaken about the same time someone transmits a link over localnet, and only your passive systems save you from missing out on the goods. Suddenly realizing you're not anywhere NEAR the MCP or attendant facilities anymore, you briefly panic, as you're just a naked AI core in a potentially hostile universe!

[3] Scanning the myriad of parts and... clothes...? on the floor, you discover a spool of metal cable, bionic limbs, a broken rifle, and toolboxes. [4] Working on priorities first, you go for the gun, deftly stripping off the ripped and charred metal and wood(?) where magazine cookoff broke it in half. You can probably make it workable with some effort.
-----

All currently within earshot of the humans outside the fort hear the leader speaking to someone through his helmet:  "...I know, but we should prepare the asset anyway; protocol droids or no, sir, they're what's her... yes... I know... what do you mean it's glowing?"

-----
Characters
ziizo (333)
The Canadian Kitten (kittens) [Covered in petroleum (FIRE RISK)]
Dustan Hache (Ongoing_Directives.bat) [Translator]
King Zultan (Bob Mk III)
TricMagic (B.B. 8) [Bionic arms, legs, chestplate & head (+1 to actions requiring hand dexterity/grip. +1 to damage resistance rolls.)]
NatureGirl1999 (CIWLEAL)
0cra_tr0per (dominustrex.exe)
UNIVERSAL: Everyone understands Human language courtesy of Ongoing_Directives.bat
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:04:36 am by Xvareon »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2020, 12:58:32 am »

continue onwards to the fort while find something to rub the petrol off
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6