Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 63661 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #1125 on: July 13, 2021, 06:05:53 pm »

I also like your writing

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 14, 2021, 02:55:10 am »

I quite like the writing style of this, I'm also okay with turns taking a bit as they are quite big and writing that much stuff takes a bit.

Also I'm I able to do a turn or should I wait until you finish the fight?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 14, 2021, 03:05:55 am »

I quite like the writing style of this, I'm also okay with turns taking a bit as they are quite big and writing that much stuff takes a bit.

((You should do the turn now, so that i can potentially reference it in the writeup for the Bleg v. Dioscuri fight :P.
Also, i realized that i can write Naturegirl's 364.7/362.8 turn as being caused by the Monolith's activation! Yay for continuity!))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 14, 2021, 12:57:16 pm »

((Same for me. I really like this! :D

It's richly detailed and deeply rooted into the lore. It also allow us to live the story in a very realistic manner and fully appreciate the feelings of the characters. I couldn't ask for a better kind of writing in this game!

Besides, I have to say that the fight of the white antars and the adventures of M'ova were excellent reads despite the fatality of their situations.))

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 14, 2021, 11:30:51 pm »

Year 363
With the threat to Dragonolia being much established, it's potentially cataclysmic crash thundering throughout possibility to ferment visions of great chaos, the Southern Based lethargic and quarintined kindgom of the Dorathians beings to stir from it's isolated slumber. Immediately great caravans and missionary groups arise, sent forth from Dorathine VI to finally bring much news of the world's current state.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 15, 2021, 01:03:23 am »

((You should do the turn now, so that i can potentially reference it in the writeup for the Bleg v. Dioscuri fight :P.
Also, i realized that i can write Naturegirl's 364.7/362.8 turn as being caused by the Monolith's activation! Yay for continuity!))
Cool. Since a similar event will end up happening twice, are you thinking it’ll happen to the same children or different children? The names aren’t too important))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 15, 2021, 03:26:53 am »

Year 363.1
The old cat sat for quite a while contemplating the vision the Monolith had bested upon him, while the last part was obviously about the Vasilikos attacking and he had mentioned this to others who went and started getting people ready for the attack, he was still fixated on what the rest of the vision meant and while he could figure out that it was flashes of other places on the continent but he wasn't sure what tied them all together, and after dwelling upon it for awhile longer he drew the conclusion that there must be something coming that'll affect all the different groups pictured in the vision, but he wasn't sure what that something would be.

Roll for the old cat figuring out the remainder of the vision and the Bleg preparing for an attack by the Vasilikos.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 15, 2021, 10:26:12 am »

Year 363.2

In the northwestern Dragolian Colonies, formerly belonging to the Hrilitian Celestial Empire before the direful war with the Dragons at the end of the first century, life continued to go on in the same quiet fashion. The population was constitued, in mostly the same proportion, of two quite different people, Slugmen and Manaketes, but they appeared to live very well along each other. They were for the most part farmers, fishers or simple crafters, who all shared the same faith in the Gospel of Tiamat, the White Dragon Goddess. Thus, many assembled to celebrate the New Year around the sanctuary of the small Algad Peninsula, that was jutting above the ocean at the south of their territory, wich offered a scenic view that was just as good as that of a drake flying above the sea waves. But except a few monks and priests in pursuit of holy virtue, most of the inhabitants of the Colonies were down-to-earth people who only wished to keep their peaceful existence.

They were governed however by a draconic enclave that was under the firm rule of Haton, a cousin of the infamous black Immortal leading the Elder Council of Dragolia. And if it can be said that the fiery dragon Irahan was sometimes indifferent toward his folks, Haton was far worse, being absolutely apathetic in front of the occasional hardships of his subjects. His only purpose in his undying life was to oversee the smooth running of the activities of the Colonies, such as the proceedings of the harvests, the yields of the fisheries and the commercial undertakings. He was although never really bored, like if a constant bureaucratic life and the fulfillment of his bodily needs was all he soughted for.

The only reason why he had a power position was because his cousin gave one to him and since then, he only acted robotically and impassively. There were even rumors that he was a secret worshiper of the human god of squares Boran Boriborus. So, in the eventuality that a war would break out, he simply would listen to the counsels of his general, dispatch his troups methodically, wait for the next events and restart the same steps. Even if most of his people would get killed, he wouldn't really feel bad for them. Yet, his subjects seemed to submit willingly to his control, letting the fate of their native soil in his claws. At least it was better than being treated like meat pieces as their northern neighbors living in Zoithor's Realm.

Also, since a demographic growth had happened over time in the Dragolian Colonies, accompanied by a natural expansion of the cities and their encompassing fields, the commoners had an increasing difficulty to find work or sufficient space for their children to set up their own homes. They were for that reason frequently forced to send them away and wish them good luck to go earn their living elsewhere. Seeing the situation, Haton didn't ask himself much questions, he only acted the way he considered self-evident: he dispatched his delegates, who were mostly Lesser Dragons, throughout his domain to trigger a general peopling campaign to occupy new territories to the east. He was convinced that all the citizens would listen to his orders as if they were no more than loyal servants. They were actually in need of more lands to settle, but will the events really turn out the way he was expecting, without any irregularities?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:30:45 am by Yellow Pixel »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 15, 2021, 01:23:57 pm »

Year 363.4

No longer a mere Green Tide of purposeless rabble with a penchant for bloodshed, the Orks and goblins of the west bow humbly to their great Khan, Zchuld. Bearing strength, order, and a certain level of equity in her advancing age, she has brought the dispirate greenskins together under her banner. And now? With that in mind, she begins mobilization of her people to truly spread, to engulf the world.

The Zchuldae Khanate expands yet more! On the backs of their generational slugman slaves.
I've lost control of my life.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 15, 2021, 02:05:13 pm »

((Welp looks like i'm going to have a pretty hefty backlog when i eventually get done resolving all the rolls of Unraveller's 364 turn.
Not that i mind it, a lot of these things are things i've wanted for to see some activity for anyway.
But at this point, at this rate, my prediciton for the Shattering of Dragolia being written is by the end of August.

Also... thank you! Thank you, every one of you, for your words of encouragement! It means a lot to me, it really, really does.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 15, 2021, 02:41:09 pm »

(( No biggie, these are all before that one. Haha. You can do em first! ))
I've lost control of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]