Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 63023 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2020, 08:17:48 am »

They have decided to move the Star as far away from any Chaos afflicted land as they can and so, they've resolved to "transport" it to a remote island far from any continent.
It looks like the island furthest away from the continents is Moss Troll Island. Am I correct in this, or will it be sent to a different island?

The island will probably be unmarked until discovered, if the star ever reaches the island. They'll still be throwing that thing around for years to come.
ok

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2020, 09:35:39 am »

Year 192.2- Dalai and other communities in close proximity with the Black Qhanganate experience an influx of refugees as many of the Sandstone slugmen not caught up in the unholy pogroms perpetuated by the Aetherial occupiers flee for their lives. Pockets of the Sandstone diaspora for small enclaves across the continent.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The creeping void of Chaos continues to taint the desert sands. Aetherial experimentation on the local populations of giant desert spiders and giant glass spiders have resulted in the creation of venom spewing Dread Striders, cannibalistic arachnids with a potent bite, and the Chaos Crystal Spider, crimson tinted monstrosities made up of cyrstalized chaos as opposed to the standard living glass.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2020, 08:55:32 pm »

Year 193

After two years of planning, the Grand Master of the Crusader state Kakttin Blork finally has an agreement among the various Human Kingdoms and a few other realms at the Zalalastan capital. His people, the Slugmen, would support by amassing troops from the various duchies. The HCE (Hrilithian Celestial Empire) itself would also be present at the Crusade against the Black Qhaganate, with the current Elect-Emperor promising to show in person in battle. Dalai's participation is uncertain due to the giant monster periodically ravaging its coasts- they'd need manpower to stave off attacks.

Beside the Humans and the Slugmen, surprisingly the High Elves, Dwarves, and Manaketes (The biped Dragon race) also all pledge their military support for when the Crusade is to start. Prominent among these oddities is Yulderen Kal, a very deadly and experienced Warlock from the High Elves. With all that consolidated, The 2nd Crusade begins. This time a legitimate Crusade to root out the evils that have befallen the Sandstone Qhaganate!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2020, 09:03:18 pm »

The Great White Sharkmen tribes try to gather followers against the Aetherials:
Code: [Select]
1d20=20!
It seems that sharkmen can be lured into anything with the right words. Upon hearing of their brethren being experimented on in the waters of the Chaos Domain, it causes the Sharkmen to fly into a furious rage and swear to undo the Aetherials themselves and then they also tell their friends about these atrocities which causes the same reaction in them and soon enough there is a proper army of Sharkmen all rallied to the cause along with a bunch of giant squids. This is probably the first time such a large army of Sharkmen has ever formed, and humans would thank their gods that all they have had to contend with have been small raiding parties if they saw it.

It is said that an army marches on its stomach, and the army of Sharkmen is like a swarm of angry locusts that leave any stretch of water barren and dry of any kind of marine life when it passes through.

Boloyo's escape attempt:
1d20=1!Boloyo finished untying his legs and immediately rushed out of the room, finding himself in a dark, featureless hallway. In a frightened panic, he ran in a random direction and gets lost within the maze-like corridors of Kaas' lair. The hallways all looked the same with no clear identifying marks anywhere so he couldn't tell where he had been before and where he hadn't. To make matters worse, one of Kaas' Ghouls soon saw the runaway Boloyo. He kept running with the vampire's minion following close behind, soon even more Ghouls saw him and joined the chase through the tunnels. With a half a dozen Ghouls behind him and no way out, Boloyo wasn't sure for how much longer he could go on. However, in a turn of terrible misfortune, Boloyo ran into a dead end. Outnumbered, winded and cornered, Boloyo, for all his stubbornness, knew he had no chance to win in a fight. So, he waited... Yet none of the Ghouls approached him but, soon he could see some of them shifting in the back, turns out it was Kaas pushing his way past his minions.

Velodryn Kaas, having decided that the dwarf was more trouble than he'd ever be worth, approached Boloyo with a dagger in hand and drove it straight into his chest. The blade cut Boloyo's pounding heart and he fell onto his knees, before collapsing to the ground. Kaas turned around and left the dying dwarf to bleed and as his heart beat its last, Boloyo's thoughts were of home and how if he'd never discover those accursed abilities of his, all of this would have never happened.

The Bleg search for metals in the south:
1d20=1!The Bleg, it seems have made a terrible mistake in their decision to expand south in their search for metal. The south of The Monolith, it turns out is a massive, waterlogged mangrove swamp, even if there were any metals under there, it'd be impossible to dig and the land isn't even suitable for building on. However, it does turn out that there are several large, thus far undiscovered lakes in the area, they were discovered by Bleg settlers accidentally walking into them, some drowned. However the land does now technically belong to The Bleg.

My turn, an addition to IncompetentFortressMaker's turn. A Short story.

IncompetentFortressMaker, if you're not satisfied with what i've made, the best i can offer is that i reroll the turn on the next update and delete this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)

Sorry, this update is a bit later than expected... I will admit, writing that crappy story took up most of the update time.

EDIT: Sorry Lidku, i just literally finished the update before you posted, 193 and (hopefully) beyond will have to wait for the next update its 5am here, i need sleeeeep, i've written all night, yes it was that story. The 2nd Crusade will probably be another goddamned book. in the meanwhile, feel free to marvel at my crap writing and decide whether you even want me to write anymore?
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2020, 12:58:40 am »

Amazing write-up Strik3r! It's actually kinda good that the Crusade wasn't done in your current post as of now. It can allow other posters to bring some influence over the 2nd Crusade before it happens entirely.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2020, 06:51:04 am »

(OOC: Remember, you can quote/reply to a previous turn within the same update to add to it and to have it happen within the same year. However, do not abuse it to effectively undo the turn you're adding to (Rule 5) and do not use it too much, only if you need something to happen at the same time as the turn you're adding to. Using it to describe a defending army's actions leading up to a war or their strategy is a good example.)

Year 193

After two years of planning, the Grand Master of the Crusader state Kakttin Blork finally has an agreement among the various Human Kingdoms and a few other realms at the Zalalastan capital. His people, the Slugmen, would support by amassing troops from the various duchies. The HCE (Hrilithian Celestial Empire) itself would also be present at the Crusade against the Black Qhaganate, with the current Elect-Emperor promising to show in person in battle. Dalai's participation is uncertain due to the giant monster periodically ravaging its coasts- they'd need manpower to stave off attacks.

Beside the Humans and the Slugmen, surprisingly the High Elves, Dwarves, and Manaketes (The biped Dragon race) also all pledge their military support for when the Crusade is to start. Prominent among these oddities is Yulderen Kal, a very deadly and experienced Warlock from the High Elves. With all that consolidated, The 2nd Crusade begins. This time a legitimate Crusade to root out the evils that have befallen the Sandstone Qhaganate!

The Aetherials and Hagtai and his Black Sky-Legion residing in the Black Qhaganate have had plenty of forewarning of the enmassing armies and it would be naive to assume that they have just been sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the wave of angry crusaders to hit them. No, they've been preparing for the war too, one that's promising to be far larger than the Battle of The Blackened Sky.

A large number of Chaos Dragons have been spotted flying over Dalai and heading into the Black Qhaganate, It seems that the Aetherials have been pulling reinforcements from the main Chaos Domain.
And these ones come equipped with crystalline armor and with mounted and corrupted slugmen archers.

And of course, the occupied Qhaganate has its own Chaos Rift too, that has been spewing out countless Aetherials over the years, but recently a new type of Aetherial(?) has been spotted exiting the rift. A little secret weapon that Azerth himself had been cooking up for a while, and despite setback with the Archdemon, were ready to deploy just in time for the war:
Spoiler: Chaos Knights (click to show/hide)

But even this would not be enough for the Aetherials and they intended to take advantage of every opportunity they could to further bolster their numbers. And so, they fell back on their tried and true method of recruiting units from other races, so, they recruited human and slugman bandits and outlaws from the periphery of their nations as well as hamsterfolk mercenaries from the Dorathian Kingdom, offering them all to keep everything from any crusaders they kill and a safe harbor to conduct raids from within the relatively uncorrupted regions of the Black Qhaganate, and optionally "Chaos Empowerment". These bandits banded together and became known as the "Ash Raiders"

And even the Aetherial side had a few oddball units, specifically from the Coast of Cults: There was a prominent Azerth worshipping cult there led by a woman who called herself Arythia Seith. Azerth appeared to her in a dream and bid her to aid in the the defence of the Qhaganate, promising her cult his blessing: The power of Chaos. As such they supported the defence with a small force of human Chaos Magi. Arythia herself over the course of months became powerful enough to match even the most powerful of warlocks of the High elves.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2020, 07:59:31 am »

Year 194: After the failed prospecting in what turned out to be swamp land the Bleg decide to try again but this time to the west. Try looking for metal again but this time to the west.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2020, 08:30:43 am »

A massive public works project or two has been completed in Streamland. In the capital of Porttūn, the King of Streamland has built a new palace to house affairs (and himself) as well as a large canal and irrigation system around the main river of Streamland. He also decides to send a large amount of grain and other foods in support of the crusade.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2020, 10:18:10 am »

Year 194.6- Dalaian participation in the Second Crusade is limited to the activities of independent mercenary bands contributing their services to whatever side offers the more attractive deal. Some slugmen mercenary fight on the side of the Crusaders, driven by zeal, duty, or desire to see their homeland liberated. Others fight on the side of the Aetherials out of greed or a desire for power. Officially, the Dalaian government remains neutral; they'd prefer focusing their efforts more on home defense and reconstruction following repeated incursions by giant monsters.

Nisvanis's growing band of stand users, now colloquially referred to as just "The Gathering" and a big behind-the-scenes player in local Dalaian politics and economy, quietly funnel weapons and other resources to the Crusaders. A giant realm of chaotic world-consuming horrors is terrible for trade and business, after all.

The Aetherial occupation and the general tainted wickedness within the Black Qhanganate continues to put pressure on the local slugmen population. Those not able to escape but lucky enough to not be massacred turn to various coping measures to deal with day to day life. Religion is of particular note. A secretive monastic Sand Oath sect led by the fanatical slugman Sanibah seize control of a number of abandoned mountain fortresses in the southern border region of the Great Desert. From here, Sanibah begins targeted recruitment of the oppressed population by advocating a doctrine of resistance. A former member of the Qhangantate's military elite, Sanibah trains his followers in the art of asymmetric warfare. A small scale insurgency begins as these so-called "Miragians" harass and assassinate before fading into the sandy desert winds, just like a miarge.   

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2020, 11:06:26 am »

(OOC: The 2nd Crusade is going to be massive, so expect another late update. Also, do you really trust me with writing it?
Also, due to its scale, the battle system is going to look a bit different this time around... I know i know, i suck at consistency.)

YEAR 194.7
The Lizardmen have realized that they can not do everything by themselves and that they can't take everything they want by force. However the tribes are already trading amongst themselves, so the Elders figured that there have to be other peoples out there, that they could do trade with and that having hostile relations with everyone around them like they do with the Bleg wont get them far.

To that end, the Lizardmen tribes have sent out a large number of scouts out, to comb Dragolia for prospective new trading partners.

They have also begun to study the Flyrite stuff they've been digging up and trying to find out what to do with it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2020, 11:09:35 am »

(You're doing just fine. Don't get discouraged!)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2020, 11:15:51 am »

Year 195
The Sharkmen tribes stratified their government. More castes and different functions have been implemented and Underground volcanic Cents have been Used to Forge Metal and Obsidian. Everything ist geared towards war against the Aetherials.

Refugio Guerra sends out trade Parties to the lizardmen.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2020, 11:48:59 am »

(That was... interesting, Strik3r. Y'know what, I'll just take that as canon.)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 04, 2020, 02:05:31 pm »

Year 195.1
The Lizardmen find Out that Flyrite is verY Light but hard AS steel. They Begin dreaming to fly with the occasional Air dolphin or Dragon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 05, 2020, 07:36:49 am »

Year 195.5: After years of slumber Gojira rises again and begins attacking coastal communities again, and after destroying some of the coastal towns he eventually turns his attention towards the Shark men. Roll for attacks on coastal towns and the shark men.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76