Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Contract RPG OOC  (Read 3861 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Contract RPG OOC
« on: May 15, 2020, 11:31:26 am »

Prologue: After the events of Solaph kingdom's destruction. The world is thrown to disarray as dark lord's dominion run rampant as they continue to dominate other kingdom. A small country by the name Iikhfa is humanity's last bastion against dark lord's continued oppression. Who will be able to save this world from being destroyed by dark lord?

The Contract: Inside one of the city, a female by the name Parcy creates a scenery by trying to recruit everyone in the plaza and asking them to take the world with her. "I know the world is going to be destroyed at this point. If you hand over the world to me and let me rule it, at least you can still see it tomorrow morning" She yelled. She has a table that contains flyers. It reads that if you like to join her in this quest, you'll need to sign the contract to become her follower until she rules the world. She will reward you with anything you want as long as you do what she said when following her quest.

Notes:
*The setting is somewhat loose so guns and magic is allowed.
*Overpowered ability will be nerfed if there is any in your character sheet, eg; full immunity to mind control/ full immunity to anything/ immortality/ reality warping
*Each player start with the same amount of 10/10HP
*The battle will rely solely on your narrative to guide your character (No dice).
*GM have full control on everything
*No godmodding (Players deciding what time it is or assuming what happens to the enemy/NPC (thats GM's job) or move other player's character. Unless they agreed to)
*This RPG is heavily focused on combat, strategy, teamwork and exploration
*looking for 6+ players
*im new to being a GM so this might be a bit rough

Phases:
The phases is separated into:
Battle Phase: The battle will be separated into Player turn and Enemy turn. During player turn, player can separate their actions into combat turn and counter turn. Example:

Person 1 Post:
Combat: Person 1 attacks.

Counter: Person 1 defends

Enemy Turn:
Enemy attacks person 1

Counter: Person 1 blocks enemy attack

Standby Phase:
This phase is where NPC have conversation or when a cutscene plays. Basically, just a dialogue phase.
Buy/Sell/Upgrade Phase: Where players get to spend their reward/gold or upgrade their ability in their own way to improve their skill further. Basically a level up phase.

Contract Application (Character sheet):
Name:
Character appearance : (Describe your character in general and then their appearance or use picture for a reference to describe them, i'm gonna draw them for a piece to put in the board so its easier for me to navigate, Original characters only)
Equipment: (Your character's equipment)
Abilities: (Your character ability, If it's somewhat overpowered, i'll nerf it)
Reason to join: (What does your character want from her.)

Thank you for participating. I'm hoping to rule this forsaken world with the rest of you
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:56:40 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Contract RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:18:20 pm »

Name: Alexander

Character appearance : 6'8 tall, weights around 280 pounds, his skin is somewhat tanned in color, his hair is blonde, eye color is blue, has a full magnificent beard that put others to shame....

Equipment: full plate armor(crusader style), crusader helm, tower shield, zweihander, 3 throwing daggers, bible

Abilities:

Herculean strength(passive): can do absurd actions using his strength, also allows him to one hand his tower shield and zweihandler as if they were a long sword and kite shield.

Armor mastery(passive): all damage is reduce by 1/3 of its value, 10% chance to completely block an attack without using a counter move.

too angry to die(passive): if lethal damage is done ignore it can only be used once per mission

Lay on hands(active): heal target for 1/5 of there Max HP.

miraculous recovery(passive): regenerate 1/5 of your Max HP every turn, this is stop by fire and acid damage

zealous fervor(passive): creatures of darkness take 2 times more damage from his attacks, non-believers of his faith take 1.5 damage, if both they take 2.5 times the damage from him, if neither they take 0.5 times the damage from him, he also attracts more aggro from such creatures and those who don't follow his faith.

shield bash(active): target that is hit is stunned, also counts as a counter action

Reason to join: her goal is totally noble, she must of been visited by an angel who told her to to do this, thus it is my duty as a follower of faith to help her quest.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:47:43 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:09:05 pm »

Name: Maz

Character appearance: Young adult (genetically altered) human female. She has medium/short-length dark hair with red streaks, and dark brown eyes that glow red when she's excited.

Equipment:

Metal Knuckle Gloves - Melee weapon of choice.
Combat Shotgun - Ranged weapon of choice. Moderately lightweight yet packs a punch.
Miscellaneous Lab Tag - A small plastic tag with a serial number on it. She wears it around her neck.

Abilities:

Speedfreak - Maz thrives on excitement and danger, but will easily get bored if nothing is happening. When in the heat of the moment, her senses are razor sharp and her reactions are superhuman. If inactive for too long she may get hopelessly bored and depressed which may affect her overall capabilities in various ways.

Tireless - Maz never really gets tired, although overexhaustion may cause bizarre things to happen to/around her.

Psychic Sensory - She can more easily detect the presence of psychic phenomena, especially if being used to influence herself or others around her. Although not fully immune, she has a lot of experience being subjected to such things, and has developed some resistance.

Reason to join: She's looking for something exciting and dangerous.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 05:31:24 pm »

A golem approaches the table.

"I am here to help save the world. I will not sign your contract. Is this understood?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 06:53:01 pm »

A golem approaches the table.

"I am here to help save the world. I will not sign your contract. Is this understood?"

"We're not trying to save the world here.. Golem person.. I'm here to rule the world instead of that dork lord guy. If you want to save the world, go join the hero that is supposedly trying to take down the dark lord right now. "

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 07:10:26 pm »

"..."
The golem leaves, to possibly intersect paths with later, but quite emphatically not to later join.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 07:57:08 pm »

Name: Nightstrike Shadowblight (Just....Just call me Strike or something.)
Character appearance : Pale skin with two protruding canine teeth, most of his body is hidden under a forest green cloak. Underneath is a mundane set of leather armor. His hair is dyed-blond (with pure white roots with red streaks in them). Average build on the wiry side. His hands are covered in a pair of leather gloves.

Equipment:
Crimson Killer Cannon, the Red Revolver (Look I named it when I was like six OK?): A high-caliber break open revolver with a red coloration. It is "Soul Bound" To Strike, allowing him to use Drain Life on targets he hits with it, in addition to magically summon it to his hand when needed.
Green Cloak: A normal cloak. Slightly thicker than average. Allows him to avoid the harsh rays of the sun.

Abilities:
Drain Life: Attacks made with CKCtRR or a melee Drain Life strike restore a portion of Strike's lost health.
Vampiric Regeneration: Strike naturally regenerates a small amount of health every turn.
Mist Form: Strike can transform himself and any equipment he is currently equipped with into a cloud of mist, making him difficult to harm using physical attacks. He is capable of movement, but not attack, and is vulnerable to the light of the sun if it is present.
THE SUN IS MY HATED ENEMY!: Burns in direct sunlight, nullifying Vampiric Regeneration and dealing damage every turn he is exposed to it. Sufficient shade (including those provided by sufficiently covering clothing) can protect him.

Reason to join: Strike is a Highborn Pureblooded vampire born in a distant vampire-centric kingdom. He was exiled from his homeland upon coming of age for the crime of not being a total edgelord, something unheard of in vampire society. He joined up with the promise that he would be allowed to govern his home kingdom. Not out of revenge or anything (that would be too edgy), but to reform it into something he can be proud of.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 09:07:03 pm »

Going to read through the previous thread and then probably make a character.

*Well, maybe not. It looks a bit more involved than I’m feeling up for at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:10:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 10:24:40 am »

A gnoll approaches the table.

"I'm Durg and I want to join your cause since your going after the dark lord and his asshat followers, I want to kill them to try to make up for the fact that I accidentally killed one of my brothers in arms fighting one of his followers."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »

Contract Application (Character sheet):
Name: Keiko
Character appearance : Long Black Hair, Silver Eyes, petite white girl that looks 12. Wears a green leather dress, white underdress, and black boots, though not that young do to being a spirit.
Equipment: Collapsible Metal Bō Staff, 1.8m long fully extended, usually used to help extend her shadow and deflect attacks. Can be locked at 1.27 m and it's collapsed 0.889m state, making it a versatile weapon for her.
Green Leather Dress, white under-dress, black waterproof boots.(and socks)
Abilities: Lesser Spirit of Darkness- Dark Elemental, Weak to Light, Resistant to Dark.
Manifestation of Shadows- Able to Manifest one's shadow and control it. Manifestation beyond the shadow's natural state is [user mass x upgrade level=shadow manifestation mass.]  A lack of light means that the manifestation must come from the user's body.
Absorption Shade- Shadow eats that which it contacts. 
Shadow State-Can sink into one's shadow or others and move around as a shadow. Susceptible to light and weak to magical attacks in Shadow State, mostly immune to physical attacks.
Humanization- Can transform into a human form.

Reason to join: A place of my own choosing and rule.

"Dark Lord destroyed home. Willing to join."

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 03:49:53 pm »

*Well, maybe not. It looks a bit more involved than I’m feeling up for at the moment.

You don't need to read the previous thread to feel involved with the story considering (they didn't even go that far). This is pretty much a fresh game since everything is reset to the start.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 04:10:41 pm »

You don't need to read the previous thread to feel involved with the story considering (they didn't even go that far). This is pretty much a fresh game since everything is reset to the start.

Thanks, I might come back later or watch for a while. I've just got some stuff going on and I don't think I'm up for another heavy RP commitment at the moment.

*I do like the art though, wish I could join.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 11:57:39 pm »

Thanks, I might come back later or watch for a while. I've just got some stuff going on and I don't think I'm up for another heavy RP commitment at the moment.

*I do like the art though, wish I could join.

Oh ok then, thank you for considering. Also what we've got so far.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 01:07:19 pm »

Okay, I'll give you another chance. But this time I'll only join as a joke character.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 04:04:14 pm »

Okay, I'll give you another chance. But this time I'll only join as a joke character.

You make it sound like i wronged you from the previous game, also i don't know how to even put the character in the game as it doesnt even have any legit body.
Pages: [1] 2 3