Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Fight for the Woods - Tales United  (Read 6801 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Fight for the Woods - Tales United
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2020, 10:18:09 am »

Quote from: Tales of the Votebox
Revisions
Digging Crew: (3) TricMagic, Failbird, Piratejoe
Nogitsune/Yako: (4) TricMagic, Failbird, Piratejoe,  Kashyyk

Designs
Osakabehime: (4) TricMagic, Failbird, Piratejoe, Glass
Mordred: (0)
Big Bad Wolf: (0)
Oni: (2) Kashyyk, Rockeater

Additionally, while I'm not much good at writeups, I'd like to propose what I'll call "Operation: Bearington". Essentially, we have our tricksters and such go about starting rumors of Tale-related troubles and the like, such as a fictitious Sir Bearington who's literally a bear knight and other such stories for the Bookbinders to go chasing after. This requires relatively few resources on our side, while forcing the Bookbinders to either spend more of theirs trying to look into everything or else have to decide what to look into, with a decent chance of missing our actual operations.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2020, 02:31:37 pm »

Plan: No Other Plan
Foxwood-An Honest Day's Work[Feat.Dolly Fail Fail]
Smuggle a shipment of straw to Rumplestilskins tower, the Kitsunes should make use of illusions in order to hide the true nature of our shipment and mask our movements as we get closer to the tower itself. Request a portion of the profit(at least 20% of the whole shipment), but be willing to accept if he haggles the payout down severely. Simply him operating in the area as normally should mess with the Binders.

Borna Coric: Operation- Bearington[Assist.Glass]
Additionally, while I'm not much good at writeups, I'd like to propose what I'll call "Operation: Bearington". Essentially, we have our tricksters and such go about starting rumors of Tale-related troubles and the like, such as a fictitious Sir Bearington who's literally a bear knight and other such stories for the Bookbinders to go chasing after. This requires relatively few resources on our side, while forcing the Bookbinders to either spend more of theirs trying to look into everything or else have to decide what to look into, with a decent chance of missing our actual operations.
With the site scouted and no easy way in, why not a spot of illusion and trickery. Spread some rumors of a bear-knight who hides out of sight, grinning a frightful bite. A few spottings which are in fact illusions from the kitsune should send them all into a fright, a search at night turning up no hide.(The Chesire Cat seems to have infected this plan, hopefully they appreciate it.)
The Green Knight should make their exit, one of the Kitsune accompanying him out. The others can make their own time, maybe add a little chaos, and drum up more support against the bookbinders on the side. A few fairy tales of the mystical Sir Bearington's exploits is also not too bad.

Avalon-The Truth
Speak of what the Bookbinders have been doing of late, and how they have been enslaving or killing it's residents, and those not on the list are oppressed with enough units keeping the "peace" to fight a small war. Keep to the shadows, bars and inns, among other gathering places. Of how they have dedicated an inordinate amount of traps and soldiers to prevent the Green Knight from taking up his Father's arms, and other such details the Bookbinders do not want the populace to know. Of how everything is a little less cheery and busy under their law.
Generally, share truths the Bookbinders would rather the public not know. And then there is the Cat, where he sat, their actions their own to act. Mayhaps, they will not go flat.

Revisions

Designs

Plan
No Other Plan: (1) TricMagic

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:52:28 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »

Revisions

Designs

Plan
No Other Plan: (2) TricMagic, Failbird
I'll note that several of you are forgetting to vote on one or either of our revisions.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2020, 02:51:56 pm »

Just checking, we get two revisions, right?
Since we only seem to have two proposed, does it matter whether or not we vote on them?

Anyway,
Revisions

Designs

Plan
No Other Plan: (3) TricMagic, Failbird, Glass

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2020, 03:52:44 pm »

Revisions
Digging Crew: (4) TricMagic, Failbird, Piratejoe, Rockeater
Nogitsune/Yako: (5) TricMagic, Failbird, Piratejoe,  Kashyyk, Rockeater

Designs

Plan
No Other Plan: (4) TricMagic, Failbird, Glass, Rockeater
[/quote]
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight for the Woods - Tales United Design Phase 1
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2021, 06:35:15 pm »

Design Phase 1

Quote from: Osakabehime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IiCtOTu20

Jack the Third, with torch in hand, walked through the halls of the mysterious old castle. There where... a lot of those, around here, he'd found. After his... largely accidental success in bringing in the Kitsunes, he had been sent to recruit yet another particularly elusive 'Yokai'. From what he'd heard though, it's not that nobody knew where she was, it was that nobody could find her when they went there. And so, he wandered through dusty secret passages that looked as though they had not been walked by a single soul in decades, let alone years. Continuing to ramble in his mind, Jack walked yet further, not noticing the pair of bright eyes gazing out at him from the space behind a missing brick.

'Really...' Jack thought to himself. 'I don't think anything is here, let alone some kind of princess.'

And at that moment, his torch went out, and Jack suddenly found his body moving all on its own...

When Jack the Third came to, he found himself on the ground, unable to lift himself from his groveling position, he looked around.

"Finally awake are you peasant?" A feminine voice regarded him. He looked up, to see a beautiful young woman (https://static.zerochan.net/Assassin.%28Osakabehime%29.full.2264778.png), sat upon a velvet cushioned stool.

"Are you... Osa... Osoka..." He attempted to ask, struggling his way through the foreign name.

Her composure cracks ever so briefly as the woman winces at the mangling of her name."Y-yes, Osakabehime, that is me. Why have you come to my castle, peasant?"

Jack didn't fight, and most importantly, he didn't show fear. You don't live to his age in these woods without knowing how the Tales worked. "We need your help, against the Bookbinders-"

"The who?" The castle princess asked.

Jack gaped, dumbfounded "Y-you haven't heard of them?"

"Why should I care about some group of rowdy peasants, hmm?"

"They, they've taken over the whole kingdom of Camelot, the nearby kingdoms too! They lock away Heroes and Villains alike, and every non-human they catch is either enslaved, or-or killed." He explained, trying to let as little worry slip into his words as he could.

Osakabehime turned her head up at his words "hmmph, preposterous! You expect me to believe that a human army, with no great Hero or Villain at its head, has conquered all of the Woods?"

"It's true! And, and if they know you're still here, they'll absolutely come for you too!"

And then the woman paused. She could tell that the man was speaking the truth, or at least, what he believed to be the truth. The question is, was it actually true?

"I will verify the truth of your statements. Until then you are not allowed to leave this room. Do you hear me."

"Y-yes, your highness... C-could I at least stand up though."

She sighed, waving her hand up and down as she turned away from him to gaze into a basin of water on the other side of the stool she had been sat upon. "Fine fine, you may stand."

And at those words, it felt like an invisible weight had been lifted off of Jacks body, and he rose to his feet, rubbing the back of his neck.

With the strange woman having forbidden him from leaving the room until her decision was made, Jack had taken to observing his surroundings. He wasn't that familiar with it himself, but... he had to admit, the lady seemed to have quite the thing for the arts. Or rather arts of famous, and infamous, local figures. Between the paintings, the miniature sculptures, the books... in fact, he was pretty sure the ink in some of these books looked fresh!
...Normally he wouldn't be one to look through somebody else's things. But just this once, Jack let his curiosity get the better of him, and so he started to read.

"Hmmph, I see you've taken an interest in some of my works, peasant!" The legendary Yokai said.

Jack nodded. "It's real well written, although..."

"Well, spit it out peasant! What criticism do you possibly have of my work?" Questioned Osakabehime.

"Well I'm pretty sure King Arthur isn't a woman..."

"I-its called artistic license y-you uncultured f-fool!" She stammered out, briefly turning his direction before busying herself once again with the basin.

"Uh, o-okay then." Jack said, putting that book down and moving to another. This one had a distinctly more detailed cover, it depicted what looked to be the black knight, crossing swords with a blonde haired woman in an armored blue dress. "Blade... Crossed... Lovers?"

And then he was tackled to the ground by a furiously blushing Yokai "D-DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

Osakabehime, the lady of the walls. Her tastes in art(of all forms) aside, she is an exceptionally powerful, and even more so reclusive Yokai of old. Stories tell of when this castle was still inhabited, she would reveal herself only once a year, and only to the lord of the castle, to tell his fortune. Many had wondered what became of her in the time between appearances. Apparently, she spent her time writing stories and collecting art of various great Heroes, Villains, and Monsters of legend. Recently, she appears to have taken a particular liking to King Arthur.

While the tales where correct about Osakabehime's power, well mostly, after all, those who look at her face do not drop over dead on the spot as the stories claimed, they missed potentially the most important detail. She is only powerful within her domain. When residing within the secret rooms and passageways of the castle, she can gaze into the truth of ones very soul and puppet their bodies with ease, and the castle itself bends to her whims. When she enters the main halls of the castle, she can determine truth from lies and force ones limbs to move against their will, and walls will form and fall where she chooses. Outside of the castle entirely? We do not know for ourselves, but we highly doubt she would get more powerful.

This also applies to her divinations. She can see the inside of the castle an entire year ahead, though often misses very temporary details. But divining the area outside of her castle is much more difficult. Able to see short glimpses of the near future and present. While this should provide quite the boon to our planning, it is far from grand prophecies we had hoped for. Indeed, it seems the thing we are likely to receive the greatest boon from is the messenger spirits that obey her every command. Small, ethereal winged foxes(or perhaps they are bats? They do not possess legs, yet none have seen a bat of such size and shape before), capable of both speech and flying great distances. These spirits will allow us to send messages all across the woods, as well as for her to communicate with us, and us with her.

There is one simple catch, Osakabehime does not leave her castle. Indeed, it is night impossible to convince her to leave her own room, let alone the castle. While one would assume that this is because it weakens her powers, she herself has declared that it is because she is, in her own terms, an 'artistic NEET hikikomori'. In fact, she takes great pride in this, refusing face-to-face social interaction and 'dedicating herself to the arts'. This means that, even if we were to want to deploy her on a mission somewhere, we would likely be unable to get her to go. Additionally, as part of her terms to join us, we are not allowed to set up a permanent post within her castle, so as to not draw unwanted attention her way.

Difficulty: Normal
Result: (4+4) = 8, Average

Jack tentatively sampled the food the isolationist Yokai had summoned. It tasted normal, and good, so he dug in with gusto. He had brought a written offer from the Green Knight to assist him, but he hadn’t had to use it yet. “Thank you for hearing me out, your grace. My lord has a simple request of you.”

The prim woman sat across from him, sipping a delicate cup of warm tea. “You’re welcome, though I once again take offense to you pawing through my artwork like some animal. I would like to keep this discussion quick, if you please.”

Jack handed over the letter the Green Knight had written, “Here is what my lord asks of you, good lady. We have allied with several others you may have heard of before, and I live with three Inari who we work with regularly.”

“You WHAT?!”

“I have the letter right her-”

“No, you live with three kitsune!? Are you some kind of pervert?”

“No, no, no!” Jack said, blushing furiously, “I have no relationship with them, and while they are quite beautiful I always make sure to respect them and share the use of the bed-” he stopped, before he could dig the hole any further, and took a breath. “My apologies for becoming flustered, my lady.”

Osakabehime looked at him with an amused smile, before answering his expectant silence. “Fear not, Jack. I already had my measure of you the instance you crossed the threshold of my castle. Your master’s demands are acceptable to me, just so long as I keep my castle and my art.”

“Thank you. All I require in return is a token of yours to present to him in return.”

She thought it over, her eternally young face pondering the issue for a moment before pulling out a glittering golden tapestry the size of Jack’s hand. “Take this to your master, and tell him of what we spoke here. And please don’t come back until next year.”

Jack, sensing that he should leave as soon as possible, bowed deeply to the powerful spirit in front of him. “We appreciate your support, my lady.”

Osakabehime (Character): A powerful Yokai, she controls many winged fox messenger spirits and has complete control over the castle she presides in. However, she refuses to leave, and strongly dislikes social contact.

Revision
Quote from: Nogitsune/Yako
While we have managed to get excellent infiltrators in the form of the Kitsune, it has become quite clear said kitsune are that of Zenko, or good foxes. As such, they are quite peaceful, and refuse to do things that would be considered...malicious in nature. Of course, being that they are used as our spies, this is not exactly the best. Still, we have a way around this. Nogitsune, or Yako. The more mischievous and malicious of their kind. They ideally will be much more willing to do such things as set a small fire in an important building, kill a specific person, or other such things. Further, there are rumors that they are masters at possession, and could even make infiltration easier by possessing the right person. Though, such is just a rumor. Regardless, in order to make Kitsune the masters of stealth and infiltration we need, and to best utilize such an ability, those capable of doing anything and everything we could need a spy or saboteur to do will be good to take, especially in such an early stage where overt fighting is not in our best interest.

Result: (6+1) = 7, Average

A leather-bound grimoire sits open on the green knight’s desk, left open and unattended. Should one peek in on this private space, they would see a wonderfully illuminated entry on Kitsune:

Wild foxes often partake in mischief, trickery, and sometimes even evil. They are powerful shapeshifters, though in times of mental or physical distress their disguise may slip in part. They bestow favor and blessings upon those they interact with favorably, but be careful not to be bewitched by their kin should you act against them…

The pages continue on here and here

Kitsune (Wild) (B1/10 Units): Fox spirits, these foxes are skilled with trickery, blessing, and curses. Some can shapeshift. More morally flexible than their holy fox kin, but not actually evil by nature.

Revision
Quote from: Organization: Digging Crew
While our resistance has many Disgruntled Tales, organization has been lacking. First on the list, anyone with the knowhow to mine, dig, and craft shall be surveyed. This mostly applies to dwarves and gnomes, though they don't get along. The Digging Crew will be the ones we turn to in the coming days for gathering more resources from under the earth. As well as building bases in other locations hidden from the Bookbinders. For now though, simply having access to someone who knows how to dig a good tunnel will come in handy when infiltrating from underground. We certainly aren't going to get through to the Black Knight's arms and armor through the front or back doors, so we'll make our own.

Result: (6+5) = 11, Masterwork (Really? On this design? Wao.)

The many disgruntled Gnomes in our cohort have been consulted on the “Ancestral Arms Retrieval Operation”, and while they expressed willingness to help, they also expressed great concern over our ability to successfully gain entry to Borna Coric. As such, the Green Knight has taken their advice to heart, and allowed the Gnomes, with their extensive history of underground excavation, to teach the other Tales about the art of tunneling. Before long, an expansive network of tunnels reaches out under Malabar hills, wonderfully braced and decorated with plants and riches nobody is quite sure how the gnomes acquired.

Digging Crew Gear (B0, M1, 50 Units): A collection of tools for groups of disgruntled tales when led by Gnomes. Armed primarily with digging equipment, they can build tunnel networks with speed and efficiency. Usable with Disgruntled Tales.

Spoiler: Current Designs (click to show/hide)

Batrep Next
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2021, 08:35:16 pm »

Tales United - Raid Phase 1

Fund the Revolution [Foxwood]

Spoiler: Units Deployed (click to show/hide)

The night was dark and overcast in Foxwood. A dark and lonely forest road, far from the town center was lit by the faint reflection of the moon, the only light cast by the lantern on the cart. The rattling of the wheels and the neighing of the horses pierced the night as the wagon approached the tower in the distance, standing proud and tall over the trees around it. Nobody on the cart knew what to expect of the inhabitant, sitting tense and quiet in anticipation. As the tower began to resolve into detail, a voice from the road called out. “Halt, in the name of the king!” The lantern glow revealed a checkpoint of guards ahead, blocking the road in an evenly spaced line. The blockade consisted of two men and 6 kobolds, each wielding some form of blunt instrument.

The woman sitting in the driver’s seat waved to the soldiers, cheery and confident. “Good evening, soldiers! How are you this fine night?”

The left hand man stepped forward, and announced in a loud voice, “We have heard word that rebels are moving in Foxwood. We’ll need to inspect your cargo for contraband.”

The woman opened her mouth in shock, “Oh my! My apologies, good sir. I was unaware that such disloyal people were causing trouble in our sleepy town. Here, Hans, help the kind soldiers inspect our cart, wouldn’t you?”

The man sitting beside her, dressed in the clothes of a Foxwood local, hopped down to wave the soldiers over to the cart, his red button-up shirt vivid in the torchlight. The kobolds were about to start opening boxes in the back when Hans spoke up, “Would it be okay if I opened the crates? I wouldn’t want our client’s product to be damaged.”

The guard nodded, and stepped away to make room for Hans to start opening the crates and casks. Cracking open the seals on the cargo, the Bookbinders crowded around the cart, ready to pounce. Instead, wheels of fine cheese,
casks of honey, and more were revealed by the torchlight. Sniffing closely, the guard picked up a crystal from an open create and held it to the light. "Charles, I think they're good to go," he said to the other human guard. The guards spread apart to let the cart pass, and soon the torchlight faded into the night.

The exchange is underway, though you never did see Rumplestiltskin...

Birthright [Borna Coric]

It was with much relief that the Green Knight set foot on the soil of a different kingdom. They had lost Ivan on the skyfloor sometime in the night, and while all indications seemed to be that the rumor spreading had been very effective as a cover, they had almost been found out on the vines during their escape, with only the illusions of the kitsune and the cover of night preventing discovery.

Losses: One Disgruntled Tale

Gather Support [Avalon]

Percival’s office was lit by two glowing crystal lamps, an intimidating oaken desk and padded armchair centering the room in front of two stained glass windows. A finely illuminated porcelain plate sat off to the side, the meal long finished. 5 women stand across from him, dressed in richly embroidered tunics and wearing coat of arms that seemed oddly familiar, yet impossible to place. Yet, there was another issue at hand.

"Greetings, Sir Percival. I am Ser Bettina. Thank you for granting us audience."

"It is an honor to meet you, Ser. My squire informed me that there were twenty-five members in your party. I understand that not all entered with you. The situation is such that you must understand - where are your other five?"

"They are outside, keeping watch, good sir. Times are such that we fear our safety is at risk."

"Then why lie to my guards?" Percival asked, staring down the lead knight of the party.

"Because your guards are under the thumb of Rafal-" she said, before Percival cut her off.

"Do not accuse me of disloyalty to the king," He spoke sternly.

"Rafal is the one giving the orders to dismantle the natural order of stories, and the king is the one enforcing it. Each head of the wonderland viper bites the same." She retorted.

Percival took a deep breath before speaking. "You speak of the king, destroying the world of stories? What slander have you on your *mind*, ser? The king is merely reforming the kingdom with the aid of his advisor, and I would encourage you accept his judgements."

"Rafal has a violent past, and pressed hardworking gnomes into slavery just this past month. Many forest spirits have been driven from their homes and forbidden from returning. He backs the witch hunters, a lawless band of vigilantes that has attacked none other than the Merry Men for alleged charges of corruption. He advocates against our ages old tradition of fairy tales. He will bring the woods down."

Percival sat, and looked at the knight. "I may not agree with everything my king does, but he is my king. Why did you come here really?"

"To tell you the truth, and warn you of Rafal's evil. Many fairy tale creatures are being murdered this instant, simply for doing what is in their nature."

Percival steepled his fingers, and spoke in a measured fashion, "Then leave, and know that I have heard your words. Do not breathe another word of sedition in this holy castle."

The lead knight bowed, and led the others out of the room. Percival was lost in thought as they left. As the group of 5 walked through the castle, they heard the footsteps of guards approach ahead, and the group of kitsune mildly adjusted their disguises before the guards rounded the corner. The group of men in gleaming chainmail stalked past them in orderly fashion as they went to retrieve their retinue.

Upon entry to the chamber where their escort was waiting, they overheard a guard asking “So, where does Ser Bettina hail from exactly?” A flash of worry crossed Bettina’s face, and she moved quickly to interrupt when the sound of alarm bells rang throughout the castle. In a flash, the Avalon guards were on the move, rushing towards the armory. Bettina took the opportunity to quickly gather her retinue in the commotion, and soon they were bidding the door guards farewell as they crossed the crystal drawbridge.

Outside of town, Bettina dropped her disguise, revealing a white fox. The entire force was there, the disgruntled tales who hadn’t accompanied her and her sisters into the castle mindly tipsy from the bars they had been stationed at. It was time to go.

Spoiler: Unit List (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design Phase. You have one Design action.

Spoiler: Current Designs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:44:55 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2021, 09:15:02 pm »

Quote from: Hidebehinds
Frankly, Tales with impressive physical strength are far from rare. Indeed it is quite rare for Tales to not surpass ordinary humans in some capacity. The real problem, is that those Tales with great strength, tend to be somewhat flawed for our purposes. In the case of ogres and trolls, this is simply that they trend towards unintelligence and great size, unsuitable for our methods of traveling in secret and conducting small, precise raids. Oni are prideful, and can often be chased off by a variety of relatively simple rituals, in addition to the same weakness of size. Kappa are polite to a fault.

We had heard of a beast however, that does not have these weaknesses. Creatures called Hidebehind. Large beasts, almost impossible to track down for their impeccable ability to hide behind almost anything. Only the rare drunkard, dwarf, or magically inclined tale has ever truly lived to tell of encountering a Hidebehind, due to their aversion to alcohol and lack of any true(or at least active) magic or defenses against such. And even then, few could give any clear explanation of the creatures appearances. Hidebehind are incredibly elusive, to the point where even we have been unable to track the beasts down. Until recently.

You see, having the aid of Osakabehimes messenger spirits, we have been able to span massive distances of forest with many eyes at once. And, when we cornered one of the beasts, petrified by so many eyes upon it at once, learned of the surprising intelligence of these creatures. For while it could not speak, it certainly understood.

Through this, we have made contact with the Hidebehinds, receiving aid, and learning much about them.

A Hidebehind is, in essence, a bear. In fact, you would be forgiven for mistaken it for one, and this is likely how they have largely escaped Bookbinder attention. For they can simply act as a bear when tracked down. While the abilities of a bear are impressive, let alone an intelligent one, that is far from all the Hidebehind have to offer us.

They are masters of stealth. Possessing the innate ability to move incredibly rapidly in order to escape line of sight, capable of hiding their bodies behind something not even half as large as themselves, and able to leave minimal tracks when needed, Hidebehind are a force to be reckoned with against smaller groups, or when assisting a larger force. For when you believe you may finally have the Hidebehind in your sights, it may in fact be right behind you.

Of course Hidebehind still have weaknesses, make no mistake, but theirs are far more manageable for our purposes. For one, while they may be bears in all but their supernatural abilities and intelligence, well, a bear cannot compare in strength to an Ogre, or a Troll, or many Oni. And they similarly cannot compete with magic.
Secondly, Alcohol is repulsive to them, while they will still gladly fight in its presence, the stench is liable to 'throw them off their game' if you will.
And finally, thirdly, Hidebehind are actually rather skittish. They detest being noticed, and so prefer to avoid large groups when acting as normal, and at all in places it would be conspicuous to find a regular bear. It is unlikely we will be able to convince our Hidebehinds to enter cities or even large villages without groups dedicated to causing suitable distractions nearby, and similarly, they will not fight against notably large enemy forces unless the enemies are themselves being matched by a large enough force of non-Hidebehind allies.

Alright, it's time. We bring out the true bears to be worried about.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2021, 09:18:56 pm »

+1 TO HIDEBEHINDS
+1 TO HIDEBEHINDS
+1 TO HIDEBEHINDS
HECK YEAH

:))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2021, 10:01:44 pm »

Bad news bears? Bad news bears. Lets do this.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2021, 10:13:42 am »

Digging Operations: Malabar Network

Digging away, mining all day~ We toil, and foil, evil Bookbinders coils!
Digging away, supporting the way~ We toil, dig soil, craft passages a-noil!
Digging away, find arms we may~ We toil, the royal, hires us to take!

With the Gnomes leading us, we reached out to Osakabehime on a divination for the best places for ores, and where to avoid. From there on we expanded our already impressive operations downward to collect the materials to craft, sell, and support our resistance.

Quote from: Mordred
Mordred, Knight of teenage Rebellion
The words of the horned knight, stomping through every corner of the woods in his fierce silver armor, highlighted with red, naturally came to the attention of the United Tales quickly. When they had heard he was looking for the Green Knight, they knew they had to step in and contact him before he found them and lead the Bookbinders right to them. The plan was simple, their kitsune would track down the knight when next he appeared, before he got to making a ruckus, and the Green Knight would follow. Luckily, his next appearance was not in the hills, helping to drag suspicions of our whereabouts elsewhere. And so, the Kitsune set out, and the plan was put into motion...

The Green Knight stepped out of the woods, he was... surprisingly well hidden, considering his heavy armor. The color of it left him more concealed in a normal forest than any Knight in full plate had any right to be. Which was... still not very well, but noticeable.

"Oi!" Shouted the horned stranger. To hear the stories of the intimidating figure with the large blade and horned armor was one thing, to meet them was... something entirely different. The armored figure stood a whole two heads shorter than the Green Knight, and his voice was far... higher, than one would imagine, even of a squire. "Took ya long enough. These Bookbinders really got ya that scared?"

"Who are you?" The Green Knight inquired plainly.

"Really, bastard didn't even bother to tell anyone about me before he fucked off on some adventure..." The horned knight shakes his head as the hilt of his blade is passed from the right hand to the left with a clink. "Names Mordred. Mordred Pendragon."

Though no one could see them behind his helmet, the Green Knights eyes where wide. "Then you are..."

"Yup. Surprise, Arthur's got an heir... and he couldn't give less of a shit about it."

It came to the surprise of many that King Arthur had, apparently, had a son. Not just that, but a bastard child. A child born of himself, and Morgause, sister to Morgan Le Fey, and thus half-sister to Arthur himself. Morgause may not be a powerful witch like her sister, but half her bloodline is still that of the Fair Folk. Thus, Mordred is a quarter Fae on his mothers side, and, apparently, a quarter dragon on his fathers. Yet... nobody has seen the boy, and he is but a boy unless Arthur had been having children prior to taking the throne, outside of his armor, or at least any who will say so. Even the helmet stays on at seemingly all times. This seems to be true of the Green Knight as well thus far, but where he is our leader, this Mordred is a relative unknown. We managed to receive some confirmation on his words out of the Cat but, when asked if the boy really was, well, a boy, the only response we received was; "Well, he certainly feels that way"

Regardless, Mordred is a formidable fighter. Though he throws himself into battle like a raging berserker from the north, the skill and strength with which he fights is not to be underestimated, moving with surprising speed and agility despite his heavy armor and weapon. He has shown to duel the Green Knight to a standstill in sparring matches, and when Mordred is enraged his blade, Clarent, ignites, able to melt metal with prolonged contact(so like, it wouldn't melt through armor in one strike, but he could melt through a blade while blocking it) and setting flammable materials alight. And with his magical ancestry, curses hold less grip upon him, and general magical attacks seem moderately less effective

His flaws however, well, Mordred is not exactly the kind of person to attend fancy gatherings. He much prefers a clash of blades to words, and lacks skill in the latter. Additionally, his armor, though well crafted, is entirely ordinary, it will not stand up to magical attacks and heavy blows as well as the body underneath would. And while his draconic and fae blood makes him more resistant against general magic, it also means that weapons and spells designed to be used against them will hold effect against him as well, more than they would a normal human at least.

Quote from: Red Oni (Blue Oni)
The trees has turned dark and black as he Jack the Third forged deeper into the woods, grumbling as he went. Why was it always him the Green Knight sent out when he wanted to find someone?

Stumbling over a twisted root, he narrowly avoided skinning his knee on a jagged rock. Taking a quick pause to glance around, he saw that he was indeed heading downhill as he had been ordered. His destination was hopefully at the base of the valley, unlikely the other three he'd already checked.

Rocks, roots and sucking mud threatened to make the rest of his journey investing unpleasant as he continued the approach, such that he was so busy looking at his feet that he didn't notice the figure before him until it spoke.

"What's a little pipsqueek like you doing out here?"

Jack's eyes shot up, to see a tall, stocky figure with wild hair and a large club in one hand. Before he could get any more detail though, he tripped on a rocky outcrop and fell in the stinking mud. The figure laughed, deep and loudly, as Jack scrambled to his feet, cursing.

"I am Jack, the,  uh, Green Knight believes we have a joint enemy."

"We share enemies with everyone, for everyone is our enemy! But you amuse me. Take your speech to Lord Shuten Doji, it will be funny to see you get eaten."

The figure turned away and started marching down the hill, Jack hurrying to keep up. Now that he had a chance to look properly, Jack saw the Oni had two great horns coming from its head, dark red skin and rippling muscles barely concealed by a tider-skin loincloth and it carried a great iron-bound club.

Eventually they reached a great ravine at the bottom of the valley. Looking down, Jack couldn't see the bottom in the darkness, but he could feel the telltale tingle of otherworldly power. This must be one of the gates to Tartarus, Jigoku, Hell.

"If you think your words are worth it. Follow" said the Oni, before it stepped off the edge and dropped into the darkness. Jack gulped, closed his eyes, and leapt after.

Quote from: Votebox
Hidebehinds: (0)
Digging Ops: Malabar Network: (1) TricMagic
Mordred, Knight of Rebellion: (1)TricMagic
Red Oni(Blue Oni): ()

I kinda want to save the Hidebehinds till next turn. Especially with that treasure in Camelot still around. A heir to wield it will give more legitimacy to us in Avalon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2021, 02:44:59 pm »

Hidebehinds: (1) Glass
Mordred, Knight of Rebellion: (1)TricMagic

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2021, 03:46:57 pm »

Hidebehinds: (1) Glass
Mordred, Knight of Rebellion: ()

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher