Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Battle of Nethrim - Part 1  (Read 2278 times)

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
The Battle of Nethrim - Part 1
« on: March 10, 2020, 01:24:06 pm »

Aika ran between the lizardfolk soldiers, clutching a letter to her chest. The warriors were to fight, but this letter contained knowledge of the plans of the enemy. Her black hair was tossed in the wind over the plains, and the seven-year-old human girl had to pass the letter to their general Nilam. Lizardfolk clashed with humans around her, all ignoring the seemingly civilian girl running through their midst. A paranoid human soldier shot his bow at her, but she dodged to the side, as the arrow sunk into the ground where her leg had just been. Aika knew she could not reveal her powers if she did not need to. Arrows rained down around her but they all missed her. A black mamba slithered up her leg.
"The ssssoldiers have rrrrregrouped at the hill, Misssstressss." said the snake.
Aika slipped behind a large rock, and tapped the letter to the serpent's nose. It glowed with red light and turned into red cursive writing on the snake's scales. A curving red rune appeared on the snake's forehead.
"Find Nilam in the camp and tap his hand with the rune on your forehead. The letter will appear on his hand."
"Misssstresss, why can't you jussssst teleport?"
"Even the entrance to the camp is 165 feet away, too far for me to teleport."
Aika picked up the snake and hurled him as far as she could in the direction of the camp.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:22:32 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle of Nethrim - Part 1
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:30:50 pm »

Aika was sitting on the hill waiting for a response, when three soldiers crested the hill. All three wore the gilded helmets of the elite.
"Stop, spy!"
"I am not just a spy, little mortal."
"HOLD PERSON!"
The first guard was stopped in his tracks. Aika picked up a rock and threw it. It went through the trapped guard's skull, and the magic dissipated leaving the corpse to fall to the floor.
"Is that enough for you?"
"Die fiend!!!" shouted the other two. Five more soldiers had arrived. One rushed at her, swinging his longsword at her hand. He was shocked when it bounced back blunted.
"This is wizardry!"
"You are also correct on the fiend analysis. Do not resist."
She pulled her magical longsword from its sheath. With a flick of her wrist, a large gash across his chest sent the soldier gasping to the floor.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 01:31:29 pm »

The soldiers rushed at her, but Aika parried each of their blades as they struck, and lancing back with devastating blows.Their blades harmlessly bounced off when they hit her. Eventually she was left standing over a pile of corpses. The battle had been fought, and the lizardfolk had retreated.
Aika knew that the element of surprise could still be attained. Her power was immeasurable. She should not be used as a mere spy. She would reveal her true power.
(Ready for the big reveal?)
She felt the red light creep over her body as the army rushed at her. Dished plates appeared on her forehead and spread into a plowshare crest.
Brass scales crept up her limbs and thickened on her torso, and white talons grew from her fingernails. Her body grew, splitting the peasant's dress she wore. Her face lengthened into a snout. Her eyes turned into deep pools of lava. Batlike wings sprouted from her shoulders. She stood before them, a eighty-foot tall brass dragon.
"I am Aika. You have displeased me. Die. Now."
With a deafening roar, she breathed a stream of fire into the army. Horses whinnied frantically as their coats smoldered with sparks before they were incinerated by the wave of flame. Men scattered and were cooked in their armor. Banners caught on fire and drifted into the wind that whipped flames and dust across the plains. She pulled a talon from the ground and slashed at the remaining soldiers.
"Death is not enough for the defilers. You shall burn forever, for Tiamat wishes it. I may have been born a brass, but I have seen the truth. Bahamut and the "good" gods are a lie. They do not serve you. No. They serve Tiamat, though they might not know it. Your wars are but machinations in a plan that has taken millions of eons, thousands of puppets, and hundreds of millions of worlds.  I saw the truth the moment I pierced my egg."
"We still have Pelor!"
"Pitiful mite. Clinging to your false gods like mice.He has been twisted to our ends. All the unrightful usurpers to the title of god have been destroyed or imprisoned. The Queen of Dragons, Slayer of Bahamut, is the one true god. All others are being drained, having their stolen energy taken. Tiamat is supreme. "

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:33:21 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 07:07:58 pm »

Then, a loud boom shook the earth. A black portal had appeared in the middle of the battlefield. Soldiers on both sides gazed, awestruck at the shimmering rift. The tip of a shining blue axe started to come through the portal. Then a steel gauntlet, and the rest of the steel-clad dwarf. A red cloak with hanging rings of stone and and spikes of wood and cloth graced the dwarf's back. He spoke.
" We have come. The dwarves have not been forgotten. Dwarven champions throughout the ages have followed me from the grave. You have defiled our lands with war and terror. DO YOU NOT REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE? YOU HAVE DESCECRATED OUR CITIES AND STOLEN THE HANDICRAFTS OF THE DWARVES. YOU HAVE SLAUGHTERED OUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN BY THE HUNDREDS. YOU DANCED ON OUR GRAVES, DEFILED OUR HISTORY. Holistic, Nemo, Sirocco, Tehsid, and everyone else are you ready?"
" We are here to kill the defilers. We are ready to destroy. And give lots of hugs!, chimes Sirocco."
A dwarf encased in shimmering blue armor, with an artifact breastplate, then a steel-armored dwarf with a hammer emerge. A second hammerdwarf emerges, then a swordsdwarf. Hundreds of other dwarves stream out of the portal, clad in all sorts of armor. Many are clad in or wielding artifacts. They wield swords, spears, axes, maces, hammers and crossbows. Some even have whips, scourges, bows and pikes.
" ATTACK!" cries the leader. Hundreds of men and lizardfolk fall. They attempt to kill them, but for every one they manage to kill, four more rush forwards to take their place. The five champions, Derm the Soulchopper, Tehsid, Sirocco, Holistic Detective and Nemo waded through the fray, killing warriors left and right. Even Aika, the half-dragon, half-marilith, fell eventually. Every dwarf killed faded into dust, as their memories drifted off into the afterlife. Their numbers were not diminishing. Derm had been cornered once, but he had a secret weapon. He was truly the soulchopper, for he had hidden the souls of his victims in his axe and bent them to his will. A second portal formed. Transparent versions of every victim Derm has claimed streamed out of the portal, slashing left and right at the human and lizardfolk armies. But it was not enough to save some of the less-known dwarven heroes. Aika had crushed brave Catten under her claws, and shredded Triaxx. The marksdwarves Thatdude and Alius were cornered and killed. Robindaybird was skewered on a pike. But eventually, the dwarves had won, and their souls faded into the afterlife, their purpose fufilled.

OOC: Every named military dwarf in DF LP history is fighting here. I am making this to celebrate the Bay12 community. Your dwarf is here to be remembered, even if their memory-ghost-thing died. Happy 2020! I will replace your dwarf upon request.

My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll