Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Zehlin Team Thread - FR20 [~4 Players]  (Read 8521 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Zehlin Team Thread - FR20 [~4 Players]
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2020, 12:09:39 pm »

Hey, DM, Question: Is the Interaction of Acceleration referring to an acceleration in excess of 7500 m/(s*s) or is it for any acceleration that would cause an object to exceed a velocity of 7500 m/s? The equation is written as the former in the main OP, but the wording of the Interaction suggests the latter.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2020, 12:31:42 pm »

Hey, DM, Question: Is the Interaction of Acceleration referring to an acceleration in excess of 7500 m/(s*s) or is it for any acceleration that would cause an object to exceed a velocity of 7500 m/s? The equation is written as the former in the main OP, but the wording of the Interaction suggests the latter.

OK, I see the confusion here. Simple way to make this simple: I have screwed the pooch.

It should be 7500 m/s2, I'll fix that in a bit and make a notification in core.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2020, 12:59:54 pm »

So, using the equation for centrifugal force (F=M*V2/r), and the equation for force in general (F=MA) I think I can calculate the size and rotation speed needed to make Quicksilver miad. F=F therefore.
MA=M*V2/r
Therefore A=V2/R
Assuming R=1 and that we want an A value of 7500
7500=V2/1
Square root of 7500 is a little under 87
So a thing rotating at 87m/s with a radius of 1 meter would generate quicksilver miad (Since I rounded up).
In rotations per second, taking the circumferance of a circle with a radius of 1 and dividing 87 by that we get 13.78(more here but I'm lazy) which we can round up to 14. 14 rotations per second on a circle of 1 meter would generate quicksilver miad, without also generating dull miad. Anyone want to check my math?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2020, 01:33:46 pm »

Receivers
The tower of Agazast is a wound upon the world, a spike, rising high above the earth while also stabbing deep within it. In it's vicinity the Deep flows strongly, something shown by the people exposed to it. You see, the king built his mad tower in the middle of one of our bigger cities, and some people haven't had the heart to move. These people frequently go insane, or... seem to. You see. Some of the people say they hear voices, whispering in their ears, even when outside the tower. Sometimes, these voices tell them of things outside their perception, with great accuracy, or are echoes of the thoughts and feelings of others. We call the people with this gift, Receivers, and they are administered microscopic amounts of soul dregs to enhance their abilities, turning the whispers from mostly incomprehensible, to something a little easier to make out. These powers are of great strategic and tactical use, discovering enemy tactics, hideouts, deception, ambushes, and incoming attacks. Receivers are a terrifying foe to fight, dodging this way and that with speed and fluidity unmatched, anticipating attacks before the enemy even begins to move. These receivers are cursed however, with pale skin and fangs, with deformations of the face, most notably unusual hair and eyes. With pupils in many shapes and patterns, of many different colors, and hair much the same. They also typically have enlarged craniums, though the rest of their body is somewhat enlarged as well due to the soul dregs they are given.
My Power armor arms race

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2020, 08:53:58 pm »

Stoneskin Undead: Our current generation of humanoid and megafauna undead serve their purposes admirably well, but still there are significant improvements we can make towards them and primarily towards their own natural defenses. Why it might be impossible to excruciatingly painful to apply Juxtemancy Crystals from our Witchalchemists onto our living soldiers, the fallen corpses and even walking ones provide us with a much easier test subject to apply too, indeed through a ritual with the Deep binding the next stage of the process is to apply the hardness of stone and transition it into the epidermis layer of the creature, preferable granite, quartz, and other stones commonly available to us, and usually done through boulders or from stockpiles of harvested rocks.

While stone does have a tendency to be weak against being stressed upon or with tension this is only one of its properties, they are still very hard and have a high concentrated mass to them and as such is why spears, swords, and arrows usually just scrape the stone thus this is the only physical property switched with a creature's skin, thus when you apply the full transferation to the creature, it will have a significantly increase in the creature's toughness as its body is more difficult to tear and damage from regular weaponry, in which gives the Deep-possessed body to have more time to perform its role, whether it's hindering the main forces and locking them down longer or having our shock monsters handle more blows before they are put down and causing more mayhem. Thus, instead of having to bard or armor up our already questionably clumsy servants and slow them down even further, we have devised a means to keep their mobility intact and increase their protection significantly.

Quote from: Possessed Tree’s Revision
Sophisticated Spirits: Most of the Deep that possess the trees are just too primitive and bellicose in nature has led them to be more difficult to be commanded in the field, thus we have devised an addition to the binding ritual to instead not attract these type of Deep entities but rather ones that are more attuned to the natural world and have a sort of social attachment to being here, they experience things such as the thrill of the hunt and a weird form of enjoyment towards hunting down others and harvesting souls. These more satiated and yet connected to the undergrowth of the world Deep are much easier to transfer into a Tree, and we have already found easier methods to command these beings into the battlefield and they are less resilient to acting against their Communers, they only wish to experience the thrill of harvesting souls.

A Tree’s Trimming: While the leg’s serve the basis as a unique form of bipedal locomotion for the trees, we have realized that bipedal movement while useful for us as humans, is so lacking for heavier and larger creatures because it can only carry so much weight because the legs get overstressed and the forearms now become front legs just so they can maintain balance. The main problems of the rotting somewhat and heavily for its mobility is because of the amount of weight it has to move when it strikes. Tree’s already carry a natural form of mobility, that being its root networks they create and thus we should have the Deep-possessed spirits instead utilize these trees for its locomotion instead of the awkwardly crafted legs. While the glued arms and carved face can remain, the legs are removed from the construction process and instead we apply Juxtamancy crystals and we transition a much lighter material’s density, that currently being Air and rather the nitrogen gas from it since that’s the main portion of our air and thus these crystals are applied to the tree, to significantly reduce its weight from itself because less density means their are less mass in the same amount of volume of space, thus less mass means less is pulling down the tree against gravity and having much less weight pulling itself around. These more lightweight trees, while more expensive as their is the removal of one step for the more complex step of the application of Juxtamancy Crystals to them; however this will significantly reduce the stress the creature has when it moves with its own uprooted roots and when it swings around with its branches, arms, and body.
Quote from: A Deep Research Lead

With so many of our designs, equipment, and even our integrated culture corresponding with the Deep and Soul-Dregs we must surely figure out a way to garner and attract more of the entities.

The main question is the best way to attract these Deep into our lands more efficiently than our current methods and another is the existence of these Soul-Dregs, how are these things generated from and what is the comparison of sapient souls towards the more sentient kind?, it seems it's much easier to gather them from ourselves compared to all other manners of living life, does our increased intelligent the main reason why this is the case, and lastly is why do the Deep wish to desire to harvest these Soul-Dregs for themselves, is it purely a nutritional reason and they need these things to continue existing or is their a more complicated reasoning to why they need them.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:06:56 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2020, 11:17:24 am »

Golem assault unitsBased on the principles learned from the possessed trees, the golems are a much improved version. Using clay, potentially mixed with blood, should clay itself prove a poor medium, instead of a tree, we can mold a quadrupedal form that's low to the ground, stable, and big enough to both take hits and dish them out. This body is then animated by a being from the deep, selected for it's power and intelligence, preventing command issues. The main weapon of these new golems are animated wires which stretch away from their crablike body, whipping this way and that, coated with the power of the being controlling the golem, these wires are strong, yet slim, able to slip through armor to stab into flesh, and agile enough to ensnare, suffocate, or rip apart human targets. Thanks to lacking eyes, the other thing we will select the deep beings for is Extra Sensory Perception, an ability to sense everything in a spherical area stretching out from the center of their vessel, and radiating outwards to a radius of about 50-100 meters.
Wand of light Another Iron Pyrite fueled weapon, this one imitates the beam function of our spears, serving as a one shot ranged weapon. Constructed of a metal tube with a small cylinder of Transformed iron pyrite stuck in one end, with a set of glass lenses on the other, this weapon is designed to be small and affordable, offering a short range option for emergencies, or a standardized midrange weapon.
Hog communication The hogs used by hog knights are incredibly intelligent, as we have long known, frankly, they are barely less, if not equally, intelligent to humans. So the time has come to change the way we think of them, not as animals to be tamed, but as equals. The first step of this will be using various arts to establish better communication with our hogs, using existing hog-knight pairs and a bit of mild awakening to confer a standardized method of communication with our boars, giving them the means to understand our language, while we attempt to create a language they can use to speak with us. To start with this will likely simply be a set of agreed upon codes, consisting of stomps with various legs, oinking, and head movements, such as nodding and shaking of the head to communicate the answer to yes/no questions. To incentivize hogs undergoing the effort to learn to communicate with humans, we will be offering rewards to complying hogs, such as food, or if they prefer, money. By improving our communication with the hogs we use for hog knights, we can hopefully start bringing them towards being our equals, even eventually granting hogs who choose to join our society full citizenship, with all that implies.
(Question for the GM, is that last idea at all viable?)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:35:10 am by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2020, 03:29:23 pm »

Quote from: votebox
Golem assault units: (1) DGR
Receivers: (1) DGR
Hog communication: (1) DGR
My Power armor arms race

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:21 pm »

This would be a lot easier if we just memed our way through like those sand-rabbits.

Quote from: Devil Eggs Revision
Spirit Glaze: It is well known that our devil eggs suffer from... containment issues. Like all responsible individuals, we feel this deep shortcoming is best handled via a fresh coat of paint. More specifically, an ash glaze known to be mostly impermeable and of generally little interest to spirits, hopefully preventing both chain explosions and feelings of being watched.

Golem assault units: (2) DGR, IronyOwl
Receivers: (1) DGR
Hog communication: (2) DGR, IronyOwl
Spirit Glaze: (1) IronyOwl
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2020, 01:29:02 pm »

OK, I see the confusion here. Simple way to make this simple: I have screwed the pooch.

GM, I have broken the tie. Are you still able and willing to update?
Receivers: ()
Spirit Glaze: (2) IronyOwl, DGR
My Power armor arms race

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2020, 09:12:08 pm »

GM, I have broken the tie. Are you still able and willing to update?
Receivers: ()
Spirit Glaze: (2) IronyOwl, DGR

Yes, now go beat up Alikai until they break their tie.

So, using the equation for centrifugal force (F=M*V2/r), and the equation for force in general (F=MA) I think I can calculate the size and rotation speed needed to make Quicksilver miad. F=F therefore.
MA=M*V2/r
Therefore A=V2/R
Assuming R=1 and that we want an A value of 7500
7500=V2/1
Square root of 7500 is a little under 87
So a thing rotating at 87m/s with a radius of 1 meter would generate quicksilver miad (Since I rounded up).
In rotations per second, taking the circumferance of a circle with a radius of 1 and dividing 87 by that we get 13.78(more here but I'm lazy) which we can round up to 14. 14 rotations per second on a circle of 1 meter would generate quicksilver miad, without also generating dull miad. Anyone want to check my math?

This looks about right. It's definitely in the realm of physical possibility, and I may try and give an exact figure and number check later. Good on you for this approach.

I regret being distant recently, but my work is commission based, and things have been so scarce recently that I kinda have to make sure that everything I do in this age counts.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]