Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Albadonia - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)  (Read 2351 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Albadonia - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Training)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 04:04:11 am »

An overall decent result. It could have been better but I'm not sad with what we've gotten, much less that useful mutation trait.

Anyone have any good ideas for training? It probably should be something related to the desert, as that's the one we'll likely have the most issue with given one of our monsters is Aquatic so can't really be deployed there reasonably?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 10:34:25 pm »

I'll take that as a 'no, no one has any ideas'. I'll just throw up my least bad idea then.

(1) Train the unit of Albadonian Tentacled Drake in Swarm Tactics to make them have better teamwork : Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2020, 02:53:30 pm »

(2) Train the unit of Albadonian Tentacled Drake in Swarm Tactics to make them have better teamwork : Happerry, IronyOwl

When in doubt, I suppose we could just train one of our main combat monsters to be tougher or more skilled or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 07:21:48 pm »

While they are still young, their natural vibration senses allow them to easily determine the position of their comrades allowing for remarkably efficient pack activity. Due to their early development their training mainly consists of simple feedback training. A dummy is lowered into their habitat attached to a wooden chute. Low-quality chum is placed onto the chute and transferred to the dummy, inciting the monsters to attack it. A reward of higher-quality fish-parts is then dispensed down the chute based on the amount of creatures attacking the dummy. This way the young creatures associate swarming a target with receiving better rewards. By the end of the training session they tend to swarm even with their regular feedings, suggesting that the training took hold. We are likely to see more advanced use of these tactics as the creature develops.

War has begun. Both signs signed the declaration at 0700, immediately unleashing the proverbial Dogs of War. Those living outside of the towns and cities retreat as the wilderness transforms into a battlefield. Our nation has entered a war economy, our troops and Monsters are armed and ready. The only question that remains: How and where will they be deployed?

It is now the Deployment Phase. Keep in mind that your newest monster has yet to develop past the "monster toddler" stage. It is not necessary to deploy all your units.

Spoiler: Monster Species (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Units (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Albadonia - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 11:26:56 pm »

My first impulse is three detachments of the Cephalopod to the swamp along with one detachment of the other two starter monsters, and then one detachment of the Wrathspike and Muck Mountain each to the other two zones while we keep the Tentacled Drakes in reserve given they're still growing up.

What's everyone else's inclination?
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 2 [3]