Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)  (Read 3673 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:15:55 am »

Walmer! King of the Mountains, looking down across the continent and the rest of its inhabitants. The forests of your hometown allow you to raise Green monsters with a small bonus. Further up the mountain the hidden hostprings give you access to a viable Red breeding ground, in addition to resting the muscles of your tired men/Monsters. There are often jokes about how the Walmer hotsprings alone would be worth invading our nation for - jokes young children have taken seriously. They can often be seen "patrolling" the path with broomsticks and their house pets insuring no Albadonians sneak in while our backs our turned.

Wait, Red and Green...that ain't right. What where the Walmer names for the elements again?

Speaking of elements, it is now time to pick out are starting monsters. We get One of Each of the four major elements, with Three Traits and One Quirk for each Monster. Keep in mind that Capturing and Breeding have a random aspect to them, so this is our one chance to 100% decide what our armory is like!

If you want to write any additional lore for Walmer, feel free. There isn't like a competition or anything. Some people just like doing that.

OOC
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:39:36 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 0)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 05:19:56 am »

Hi
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 06:39:34 am »

My Proposal, I hope I did it right:
Red: Cinder
Blue: Ice
Green: Bark

Spruce Troll
Spruce Trolls have long been both the enemy and friend of the Walmerian people. These terrifying, blue skinned humanoid monsters, with fearsome tusks and more terrifying fists, inhabit the forests of Walmer where they fight the other giants. Though they seem to have humanoid traits, they're as dumb as a rock and easily satisfied. They are forced to eat meat and can eat nothing else: giving them a goat a day will keep them happy, and when kept up for a certain amount of time, it turns them fiercely loyal. They use the massive trees of the forests as their clubs, and have never been seen retreating from a fight. When the fighting gets tough, they enter an enraged trance and will gladly fight to the death. The greatest enemy to a troll-keeper, however is famine. When Trolls are not supplied with a decent amount of meat, they will gladly eat a human or two.
Element: Bark (Green)
Size: Huge
Traits: Loyal, Berserker, Club-Wielder
Quirk: Obligate Carnivore

Walmerian Mountain Drake:
While for most, summer nights are marked by the sound of cicadas and crickets, the nights of the Walmerian mountains are marked by the impressive shrieks of the Walmerian Mountain Drake. These horned, reptilian beasts, roaming the peaks of the Walmerian Mountains, often duke it out over territory, food and mates. Their impressive horns and scale armor have proven them to be incredible melee fighters, but every Walmerian child knows that their spurts of flames also make them formidable as an opponent. They have been used as beasts of burden for generations, easily pulling heavy carts up steep mountain slopes and drawing ploughs through the stoniest fields. They are solitary by nature, and it takes quite an effort to socialize them towards both others of their kind and people while they are young.
Element: Cinder (Red)
Size: Medium
Traits: Fire Breathing, Charging Attacks, Scale Armor
Quirk: Territorial

Glacial Spirit
Long it was believed that the Glaciers of our nations harbored the spirits of our dead. Uncanny sounds, glimpses of people and bone chilling coldness were common experiences for those traveling along these massive walls of ice. It took some royal expeditions to finally dispel these myths. Glacial Spirits turned out to be small, ghostly monsters, inhabiting cracks in the ice. More research gave us a method of carving runes in rocks that appeal to these creatures, who started inhabiting them. Now, it is not uncommon to see a runestone floating around, surrounded by whatever ethereal shape the spirit decides to take on. They posses decent psychic powers, yet if their runestone is damaged, they'll quickly vanish into thin air, never to be seen again.
Element: Ice (Blue)
Size: Small
Traits: Ethereal, Illusionist, Psychic Attacks
Quirk: Rune-bound.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:08:11 am »

Yep, proposals look great 👍

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 11:48:57 am »

Yee, We hewe. Liir gang!

Also, White element tentacle beast.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:51:17 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 12:24:39 pm »

Happy with that

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 01:00:51 pm »

Yee, We hewe. Liir gang!

That means we need an octopus, or a trees octopus, we in general need a trees octopus at some point.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 01:11:00 pm »

Yee, We hewe. Liir gang!

That means we need an octopus, or a trees octopus, we in general need a trees octopus at some point.
I agree, we should start with a tree octopus.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 07:03:19 pm »

I think we should start voting.
Quote from: What the wild things are
(1)Lord_lemonple proposal: Rockeater

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 07:30:47 pm »

Quote from: What the wild things are
(2)Lord_lemonple proposal: Rockeater, Flazeo25

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 10:32:19 pm »

Spruce Troll
Spruce Trolls have long been both the enemy and friend of the Walmerian people. These terrifying, blue skinned humanoid monsters, with fearsome tusks and more terrifying fists, inhabit the forests of Walmer where they fight the other giants. Though they seem to have humanoid traits, they're as dumb as a rock and easily satisfied. They are forced to eat meat and can eat nothing else: giving them a goat a day will keep them happy, and when kept up for a certain amount of time, it turns them fiercely loyal. They use the massive trees of the forests as their clubs, and have never been seen retreating from a fight. When the fighting gets tough, they enter an enraged trance and will gladly fight to the death. The greatest enemy to a troll-keeper, however is famine. When Trolls are not supplied with a decent amount of meat, they will gladly eat a human or two.
Element: Bark (Green)
Size: Huge
Traits: Loyal, Berserker, Club-Wielder
Quirk: Obligate Carnivore

Walmerian Mountain Drake:
While for most, summer nights are marked by the sound of cicadas and crickets, the nights of the Walmerian mountains are marked by the impressive shrieks of the Walmerian Mountain Drake. These horned, reptilian beasts, roaming the peaks of the Walmerian Mountains, often duke it out over territory, food and mates. Their impressive horns and scale armor have proven them to be incredible melee fighters, but every Walmerian child knows that their spurts of flames also make them formidable as an opponent. They have been used as beasts of burden for generations, easily pulling heavy carts up steep mountain slopes and drawing ploughs through the stoniest fields. They are solitary by nature, and it takes quite an effort to socialize them towards both others of their kind and people while they are young.
Element: Cinder (Red)
Size: Medium
Traits: Fire Breathing, Charging Attacks, Scale Armor
Quirk: Territorial

Glacial Spirit
Long it was believed that the Glaciers of our nations harbored the spirits of our dead. Uncanny sounds, glimpses of people and bone chilling coldness were common experiences for those traveling along these massive walls of ice. It took some royal expeditions to finally dispel these myths. Glacial Spirits turned out to be small, ghostly monsters, inhabiting cracks in the ice. More research gave us a method of carving runes in rocks that appeal to these creatures, who started inhabiting them. Now, it is not uncommon to see a runestone floating around, surrounded by whatever ethereal shape the spirit decides to take on. They posses decent psychic powers, yet if their runestone is damaged, they'll quickly vanish into thin air, never to be seen again.
Element: Ice (Blue)
Size: Small
Traits: Ethereal, Illusionist, Psychic Attacks
Quirk: Rune-bound.

Walmer has come to know the elements by their locally-available equivalent. For Ice, the Glacial Spirits formally making their home (as their name would imply) in the Glaciers act as the representative. They have found new homes in the runes carved by Walmer craftsman, providing their unique psychic and illusion abilities to their new hosts. Best of burden turned to war, the Mountain Drake represent the element of Cinder just as well with their ability to spew fire. The brave, ever-loyal ever-hungry Spruce Trolls act as the fierce representative of Wood and the woods. While fierce and powerful fighters capable of rudimentary tool use, we can only afford to house a scant few of them before our supply lines run low and we risk the creatures devouring humans in such a state. All together we have prepared a full unit of each during peacetime, now ready to deploy for war.

Turn 1: Capture Phase

As war looms, we must prepare our military for the incoming conflict. Either side has yet to deploy in force - we should be able to access all territories as if they where Partially Controlled for the purpose of Capturing and Breeding. What instructions will we provide our hunters and trappers?

Spoiler: Monster Species (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Units (click to show/hide)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 02:20:07 am »

Capture Order

Name: Calvarian Roper
Traits: Multilimbed, Large Size, Stealth
Flavor: The Calavarian Roper is large forest creature that conceals itself by mimicking it's appearance to look like the surrounding foliage, when prey approach it's feeding ground, it assaults rapidly with barrage of it's eight tentacles before crushing and devouring it's food. While forest is main habitat it can sometimes be known be found closer our cities so people are advised to keep an eye out for them.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 09:59:31 am »

Capture Order

Name: Walmerian Forge Crab
Traits: Medium Size, Heated Claws, Armorsmith
Flavor: These crustations, living in the tunnels of the mountains surrounding Walmer, have developed a rather interesting method of self preservation.
Their claws produce vast amounts of heat, allowing them to melt through rock and ore with some time and effort. Using the molten metal created, they armor their shells yet further, allowing for impressive durability.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 10:04:44 am »

Capture Order

Name: Walmerian Forge Crab
Traits: Medium Size, Heated Claws, Armorsmith
Flavor: These crustations, living in the tunnels of the mountains surrounding Walmer, have developed a rather interesting method of self preservation.
Their claws produce vast amounts of heat, allowing them to melt through rock and ore with some time and effort. Using the molten metal created, they armor their shells yet further, allowing for impressive durability.
+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 10:10:04 am »

Quote from: Creature Capture
(1) Calvarian Roper: Rockeater
(1) Walmerian Forge Crab: Lord_lemonpie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5