Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)  (Read 3675 times)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1)
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2020, 12:50:18 pm »

Any idea for when the Capture phase will be done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2020, 01:39:38 pm »

@Stirk, ^?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2020, 04:48:25 pm »

Any idea for when the Capture phase will be done?

Whenever the other team finishes voting really.

Actually they're done. I should probably update.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:52:04 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2020, 05:54:10 pm »

Name:Walmerian Forge Crab
Element: Cinder
Size: Large
Traits: ArmorSmith, Heated Claws, Tunneler
Quirk: Very Slow
Flavor Text: These crustations, living in the tunnels of the mountains surrounding Walmer, have developed a rather interesting method of self preservation.
Their claws produce vast amounts of heat, allowing them to melt through rock and ore with some time and effort. Using the molten metal created, they armor their shells yet further, allowing for impressive durability. This process seems to slow the creature down however, as its heavy metal coating makes quick movement difficult. It seems that much of the tunnels they inhabit where themselves dug out by their own species over the course of time due to the efficient nature of their claw design combined with its heat component, an ability that can be used to shape the battlefield with sufficient training.

The Hunt for the Forge Crab goes well. It seems to have been larger than previously understood, it is likely that the young of this species is easier to discover due to living closer to the surface while the prime locations deeper under ground are reserved for those that are more mature. Our hunters have little trouble locating their quarry once inside the tunnels. The rumbling, tremors, and heat given off by their digging is easily detected once you know what to look for, and their armor shines in the bioluminecent light of our lanterns. They are relatively unafraid of strangers (likely a quirk of being covered in powerful armor), and are easily brought into captivity with a large offering of sedated food. Several breeding pairs have already been prepared for the next season.

It is now the Breeding Phase. As with the Capture Phase, all regions are considered under Partial Control for the purpose of breeding and may be used as Conditions. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Spoiler: Monster Species (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Units (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:08:43 pm by Stirk »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2020, 06:10:50 pm »

Can we breed two of the same species?
Glacial Spirit
Long it was believed that the Glaciers of our nations harbored the spirits of our dead. Uncanny sounds, glimpses of people and bone chilling coldness were common experiences for those traveling along these massive walls of ice. It took some royal expeditions to finally dispel these myths. Glacial Spirits turned out to be small, ghostly monsters, inhabiting cracks in the ice. More research gave us a method of carving runes in rocks that appeal to these creatures, who started inhabiting them. Now, it is not uncommon to see a runestone floating around, surrounded by whatever ethereal shape the spirit decides to take on. They posses decent psychic powers, yet if their runestone is damaged, they'll quickly vanish into thin air, never to be seen again.
Element: Ice (Blue)
Size: Small
Traits: Ethereal, Illusionist, Psychic Attacks
Quirk: Rune-bound.

Breed for additional trait, Light Manipulation.
Glacial Spirits that have awakened the ability to manipulate light through Ice-type energy, these illusionists can create mirages, light the way in the darkness, create darkness by illusion and manipulating light to a single point, and of course, focus light into a long range, high heat beam.

Should fit the ranged sniper that was wanted.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2020, 06:11:24 pm »

Breeding Proposal: Walmerian Armor Troll(Walmerian Forge Crab+Spruce Troll)

Conditions: The Walmerian Forge Crabs with the highest skill in Armorsmithing shall be bred with the most aggressive Spruce Trolls. The birth of the babies should be preformed in the Hot Springs, to give them the Cinder element. (Armorsmithing Dominant)

Flavor Text: The Walmerian Armor Trolls are an attempt to make amazing frontline fighters, who can defend themselves with armor. Ideally, they should have the same look and size as Spruce Trolls, but with armor making capabilities given to them by their heritage with Walmerian Forge Crabs.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2020, 06:14:22 pm »

@TricMagic We don't need to breed for that, we can train them instead.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2020, 06:34:48 pm »

Here's two breeding proposals I came up with.

Quote from: Forged Oni
Breeding Proposal: Forged Oni (Walmerian Forge Crab + Spruce Troll)
Conditions: The most powerful heats claws among Forge Crab are chosen, with rest carefully buried halfway ground while bathing in our hotsprings to insure they are properly attuned to element of Cinder. (Heat Claw(Arm) Dominant)
Flavor: The Forged Oni is an attempt to breed a shocktroop for our army. The end result should be Spruce Troll with layers of molded metal on covering skin and glow hot arms with mainly resembling it's troll lineage.

Quote from: Drakolls
Breeding Proposal: Drakolls (Spruce Troll + Walmerian Mountain Drake)
Conditions: We selected the more powerful fire-breathings among our Drakes. With eggs warmly heated by our springs and roosted by our drakes to attune them to Cinder. (Fire Breathing Dominant)
Flavor: The Drakeoll is our attempt to awaken the shockpower of our trolls. The end result should a Troll with head in shape of drake, patchs of scales covering it and possibly small tail.

Now this last one more if anyone want to go pure Cinder this turn.

Quote from: Crested Drake
Breeding Proposal: Crested Drake (Walmerian Forge Crab + Walmerian Mountain Drake)
Conditions:We gathered up best armorsmiths we studied of our Forge Crabs, with their new resting area around the hotsprings we had them lay the eggs and had drakes slowly heat them to high temperature. (Armorsmithing Dominant)
Flavor: The Created Drake is are first step into our drakes dragonic origins. The end results will be mainly the form of our Drakes covered in their new armored scales or shells as they call them, their proud fire representing our nation pride.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2020, 06:40:34 pm »

Can we breed two of the same species?
Glacial Spirit
Long it was believed that the Glaciers of our nations harbored the spirits of our dead. Uncanny sounds, glimpses of people and bone chilling coldness were common experiences for those traveling along these massive walls of ice. It took some royal expeditions to finally dispel these myths. Glacial Spirits turned out to be small, ghostly monsters, inhabiting cracks in the ice. More research gave us a method of carving runes in rocks that appeal to these creatures, who started inhabiting them. Now, it is not uncommon to see a runestone floating around, surrounded by whatever ethereal shape the spirit decides to take on. They posses decent psychic powers, yet if their runestone is damaged, they'll quickly vanish into thin air, never to be seen again.
Element: Ice (Blue)
Size: Small
Traits: Ethereal, Illusionist, Psychic Attacks
Quirk: Rune-bound.

Breed for additional trait, Light Manipulation.
Glacial Spirits that have awakened the ability to manipulate light through Ice-type energy, these illusionists can create mirages, light the way in the darkness, create darkness by illusion and manipulating light to a single point, and of course, focus light into a long range, high heat beam.

Should fit the ranged sniper that was wanted.

You can breed true, which will simply result in one Unit of whatever race you breed. You will not receive any additional traits or mutations even when changing Conditions.

The only way to intentionally introduce new Traits is through Capture.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2020, 07:01:27 pm »

Here's two breeding proposals I came up with.

Quote from: Forged Oni
Breeding Proposal: Forged Oni (Walmerian Forge Crab + Spruce Troll)
Conditions: The most powerful heats claws among Forge Crab are chosen, with rest carefully buried halfway ground while bathing in our hotsprings to insure they are properly attuned to element of Cinder. (Heat Claw(Arm) Dominant)
Flavor: The Forged Oni is an attempt to breed a shocktroop for our army. The end result should be Spruce Troll with layers of molded metal on covering skin and glow hot arms with mainly resembling it's troll lineage.
I like this one better than mine. Next turn, we should breed this with the Drake.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2020, 09:22:01 pm »

I didn't realize just how slow and... I dunno, 'un-arms race?' this game was going to be until now, what with the whole 'you don't get a unit of captured monsters' thing.

Like, the logical part of me is saying 'obviously we should cross breed, that's the point of the game', but the Arms Race player in me is saying we shouldn't crossbreed any monsters until a turn where our capture attempt utterly flubs, and should instead breed a unit of whatever monster we capture on each turn. Because if we crossbreed, then that's an entire, successful design that's just not seeing the field.

In other words, it feels like we'd be choosing to not deploy a design until further notice, in favor of making an extra revision

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:31 am »

It does requires a bit of a different thought process, but the thing is that in the capture phase, you don't necessarily need a good unit but a good breeding stock, it doesn't have to be capable in battle.
And about what breeding to do, it would be nice to have a psychic attack unit not bounded to runes, giving us a more mobile unit capable of harming big and armoured opponents.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2020, 05:45:53 am »

Hear me out: Mind Crab.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:07:32 am by Failbird105 »

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2020, 07:37:37 am »

Breeding Votebox
Forged Oni (2): flazeo25, Chaoskl21
Drakolls (1): flazeo25
Crested Drake (1): flazeo25

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2020, 07:49:56 am »

How many breeding we can do in a turn? just one?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5