Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)  (Read 3440 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Training)
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2020, 09:36:47 am »

Quote from: Training vote
(2) Glacial Spirit - Quirk reduction: Rockeater, Flazeo255
(2) Glacial Spirit- Long-range action: TricMagic, Chaoskl21

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2020, 09:51:05 am »

Do we really want them to leave their runestone unattended? And having to return to it also means they can be tracked to it compared to simply attacking from far enough away not to be in direct danger.

That and it's not exactly guaranteed they can't have their astral forms attacked more directly.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:44 am »

But if they are bounded in place, if our main forces retreat, even temporary we lose them, instead we can put the runes in naturally protected places giving us more time, and unless they are incredibly powerful, which is unlikely considering their size, range attacks from fixed spots are very easy to avoid or mitigate. Irrelevant, I'll think of something.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:14:54 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2020, 07:05:33 pm »

That is the exact opposite of a tie breaker guys
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2020, 04:36:21 pm »

But if they are bounded in place, if our main forces retreat, even temporary we lose them, instead we can put the runes in naturally protected places giving us more time, and unless they are incredibly powerful, which is unlikely considering their size, range attacks from fixed spots are very easy to avoid or mitigate. Irrelevant, I'll think of something.

Could you think of something in like, a day?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2020, 04:48:30 pm »

Just go with long range then.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2020, 05:03:47 pm »

Quote from: Training vote
(1) Glacial Spirit - Quirk reduction, Flazeo255
(3) Glacial Spirit- Long-range action: TricMagic, Chaoskl21, Rockeater
I had a point, but I forgot it, so it's probably not important.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2020, 05:07:52 pm »

When your main body is fragile, do you get up close with your targets? No, you stack the deck against them. Range, illusion, mental manipulation. As they are, they have some very good qualities that can be brought out in them making them the best at subtle tampering.

Which doesn't actually matter if you have to get close in the first place. Too easy to get spotted by something. While upping the range means they can attack from afar like snipers or archers before direct combat occurs, which in turn protects them..

Nin'd.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2020, 07:39:14 pm »

Our training rather straight forward. We placed a live target at a set distance, lined up the Glacial Spirits, and gave the command to open fire on the target. If their mental assault was successful we see the live target react, and can then incrementally increase the range at which the target is placed. For humanitarian and safety reasons the live targets are sedated with tranquilizer, preventing it from suffering unnecessarily or lashing out and harming the handlers. The usual targets are designated food for our other units (especially those with Mountain Troll blood), insuring that they are not wasted.

By the end of the training, we see our Glacial Spirits significantly increase their own range. While the exact distance varies depending on line of sight and individual aptitude we've essentially tripped their effective distance with this training. Overall the handlers have been very happy with the results.

War has begun. Both signs signed the declaration at 0700, immediately unleashing the proverbial Dogs of War. Those living outside of the towns and cities retreat as the wilderness transforms into a battlefield. Our nation has entered a war economy, our troops and Monsters are armed and ready. The only question that remains: How and where will they be deployed?

It is now the Deployment Phase. Keep in mind that your newest monster has yet to develop past the "monster toddler" stage. It is not necessary to deploy all your units.

Spoiler: Monster Species (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Units (click to show/hide)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2020, 07:51:29 pm »

Think we should send them their while we will take damage in left lane we can gain more control in right lane.

Centre: Walmerian Mountain Drake
Right: Glacial Spirit, Spruce Troll

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Walmer - Monster Breeding Armsrace (Turn 1 Deployment)
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2020, 05:32:55 pm »

Quote from: We totally forgot didn't we
(1)flazeo25 plan:Rockeater
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]