Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good bye tainted wells of eternal youth and power  (Read 1629 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
Good bye tainted wells of eternal youth and power
« on: May 24, 2020, 02:33:24 am »

Well, I dont know if this is a bug or intentional but recently I went on an adventure and had a neat idea of carving my own land and collect vampire blood in barrels as initiation ceremony for entities that become my heart person.
found a vampire killed him after a lot of trouble(my bow skills got really handy there) and collected his blood in 10 barrels made from thorn wood, drank it and nothing, took out a bucket and tried to mix blood with water but it does not mix in adventure, so I decided to try and retire and see if mixes and still nothing and drank the blood again, dumped his body into a nearby lake and drank from there and still nothing.
my only conclusion is that vampire wells or drinking blood to gain that is a thing of the past or its a bug, anyway goodbye my ambitions and dreams

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Good bye tainted wells of eternal youth and power
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 06:50:18 am »

well the first test would be to ask was the person you killed a vampire?
also you could just turn an adventurer into a vampire by uhh hmm hubris die rolling?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 11:13:04 am »

There's a rare glitch where some vampire curses will not spread through blood. I've had the same issue before. If you find the right one, it will work.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:22:49 pm »

I made an adventurer, turned him into a vampire, killed him and collected his blood.
There's a rare glitch where some vampire curses will not spread through blood. I've had the same issue before. If you find the right one, it will work.
do you mean to say that it must be a world spawned vampire and not an inserted one?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:18:23 am »

This bug has been around since at least version 40.24, but I don't know that its cause has ever been identified. It does, however, seem more prevalent in older worlds.
do you mean to say that it must be a world spawned vampire and not an inserted one?
No, it occurs in NPCs as well. That said, if adventurer vampires were found to consistently bleed non-transformative blood, it might help in finding the bug's origin.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."