Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 49680 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #1005 on: September 05, 2022, 03:20:01 pm »

Mirka and Estela

Ginevra's inexperience immediately bit into her as she instinctively moved to guard against the punch, leaving herself wide open for the follow-up.

Lunete

"There's no need for that, Lunete." Mirala said firmly.

Turns out, her inevitable intervention was unnecessary. Lunete was so focused on weakening Ember that her weapon's aura wasn't intense enough to halt the bullet that punctured her upper arm. Ember took advantage of the confusion to headbutt Mirala. A weak, useless headbutt that wouldn't have worked had Mirala remembered Lunete's power. Instead, Mirala instinctively tried to dodge, losing her grip on Ember's sword arm in the process. But rather than swing the big clunky sword, Ember instead dropped it in favor of grabbing Lunete's broken blade. The instant her fingers fully grasped the blade, Mirala found her side stabbed by the nonexistent tip. That killed the rest of her grab, and Ember managed to break free. She retrieved her sword as she ran as fast as she could now that she was no longer hindered by Lunete's aura.

And just like that, their lead slipped away...

Yava

Considering the recent revolution, getting into Lanica was easier than one might expect. And once there, it didn't take her long to learn of the cult dedicated to a woman named Eden. It wasn't certain that this was her target, but it was as good a place to start as any. There was only one problem with that: The entire cult seemed to have gone into hiding.

Which was how Yava ended up dangling from the ceiling by her legs inside an abandoned warehouse while a crazy Lanican woman argued with her Katrian companion about whether Yava was lying about being a cultist or not. The crazy woman had already scared the truth out of her with a holy weapon, including the parts about her evil goddess patron and participating in an assassination, so they had no reason left to suspect her. But despite how much it had dragged out of Yava, the crazy one seemed to be doubting her own power. They seemed pretty desperate for leads.

Which left Yava with a bargaining chip, since she'd found three of the cult's safehouses already.

Aura

The instructions in Aura's hand held her new assignment. As part of Project 337, or the "Hero Training Program" as the inquisitors liked to call it, she'd spent the last few months as a cadet training with a holy weapon. Now, that training had paid off with an assignment to one of the first fully-fledged 337 units and the initial rank of First Lieutenant. She had been told to report to Lt. Colonel Arc Lothlann immediately, so that's where she was headed.

Her destination was a former elementary school that had been appropriated during base expansions intended to accommodate the project. The whole building had been renovated, and Aura could see that they'd gone all out as she traversed the halls in search of room 207. It didn't take her too long to find. The building was practically empty and there were plenty of signs leading to her destination. She stood before the door, all that remained between her and her future was to open the door.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 05, 2022, 04:10:19 pm »

Yava

The thief raised a brow as she looked back and forth between the arguing duo. For people who were apparently seeking the cult too, they seemed pretty damn clueless to the traces of it littered throughout the city. But that very cluelessness made her reconsider waiting for the opportune moment to contort herself enough to cut her binds and scurry off.

"Ahem," she called out, "You two seem to be in market for information. It just so happens I am seeking cult as well for my own reasons. Let us make deal no? Accept fact that I am not part of Eden's lackies, and I can share what I have learned so far."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1007 on: September 05, 2022, 05:05:40 pm »

Lunete

"And those reasons could be anything, such as waiting for the opportune moment to hamstring us and leave to collect your reward from the skulking rats digging around in the corners of my country." Lunete gesticulated as she talked, slashing the arm without a bullet hole in the sleeve (no, she didn't patch it) to represent each of the actions referenced. "These cultists are maniacs, my Katrian friend. They'd lie or hold their tongues before Layla herself." Something in her tone made that sound vaguely self-referential, even if she'd let some insecurity about the power through earlier. "And this one is even speaking calmly. How, exactly, do you plan on verifying she is anything but yet another madwoman?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 05, 2022, 06:58:51 pm »

Mirka and Estela

Ginevra's inexperience immediately bit into her as she instinctively moved to guard against the punch, leaving herself wide open for the follow-up.

Estela was quick to take advantage - her leg lashed out in a fast kick, another burst of light sparking from the blow. If it connected, the shocks would hopefully knock her opponent senseless, leaving her vulnerable to continued attack.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 06, 2022, 12:31:11 am »

Aurora

If only they put half as much effort into rebuilding our Medical field as they do with their Military...

The new cadet thought to herself. She was glad she could still own these. Her own thoughts. No one could take her own, inner rebellion against all of this from her. It was only a small effort, she wouldn't dare to speak her mind any further. After all, being compliant and following Orders had brought her all the way here (She didn't want to waste too much time thinking about how much her Sisters word helped her out in being choosen for this program).

The cadets focus shifted as she approached the door, things were actually getting serious now. Aura felt her hands getting ever so slightly covered in sweat, and her irritated skin itching. She ignored both of these signs, took a deep breath to calm her racing heart down and enter the room.

"First Lt. Aurora Flamine reporting for Duty!" She shouted, almost as if she had trained to say this exact line in this exact situation for years. In reality it had only been a couple of months, but still. Her short speech was accompanied by her saluting, the way she had learned to greet higher ups accordingly until further notice.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 06, 2022, 06:42:00 am »

Astarte

Once again, Astarte had to question what Teya did to deserve such hatred from these pirates, but she'd ask that once this was all over. For now, the Lady simply nodded, "A fair offer, but Teya still leaves with me once our business has concluded. I'm fine with you making sure she doesn't cause any trouble on your ship, however."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 06, 2022, 09:41:37 am »

Yava
The thief piped up before the Katrian could, clearly getting annoyed by this charade, and Lunette specifically, "You have already intimidated truth out of me, fool! Do you lack so much confidence in own power you think mere ruffian from street can still engage in deception? You have been here longer than I, yet I have clearly found more, given three empty cult safehouses I have already uncovered. You clearly need help; if you get head out of crazy land for five minutes and let us speak like civil adults, perhaps I can give it!"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 06, 2022, 02:21:45 pm »

Yava and Lunete

"I really don't think she has a reason to make any of this up." Mirala spoke gently, almost like coaxing a child, but not so much so that Lunete would feel talked down to. "I know Ember has you shaken up and worried about Shinko, but this woman seems genuinely uninvolved. And if she's telling the truth about helping us, that could be the difference between life and death for our friends. I think we should at least give her a chance, Lunete."

The name Ember gave Yava another bargaining chip. She had heard that name associated with the cult just earlier that day, while spying on a potential cultist collaborator. That was also where she had heard about this warehouse, which supposedly housed weapons and bombs.

Aura

The largely empty room echoed with Aura's mighty greeting, drawing all eyes to her. Two bubblegum pink, belonging to the girl with short pale blue hair who seemed quite happy to see a new face. Two sparkling sapphire blue, owned by the tall blonde who seemed completely uninterested in being in the room at the moment. One milky white, it's pair hidden behind the long green bangs of the small young girl who looked like Aura's shouting had just awoken her from a dream. And finally, a brown pair belonging to the woman at the head of the classroom whose uniform held the insignia of a Lieutenant Colonel on her breast.

"At ease, lieutenant." Colonel Arc said, directing her to the last of four desks that had been set up. Her brown hair tumbled down somewhat wildly over her shoulders and was streaked with a few strands of grey. her uniform was unmodified, though it was a bit odd that she carried a flashlight on her belt.

Aura's seat was next to the green haired girl who didn't look old enough to be a soldier. The colonel waited to be seated before continuing, "As I was saying, we've got a new member today. One whose punctuality is only rivaled by her diaphragm." She smirked slightly. "Welcome to Unit 337-P. Or Pandemonium Daisy, as your squadmates like to call it. I'm your supervising officer, Lieutenant Colonel Arc Lothlann. Girls, why don't you introduce yourselves?"

"Yes ma'am." The pink-eyed girl practically jumped at the opportunity. "First Lieutenant Alina Furthest, callsign: Princess." She announced herself with a gleam in her eye. Despite being seated at the other end of the row of four, her voice carried her presence right up into Aura's face.

Next was the blonde. "Second Lieutenant Ellegrave Mocha Rimbool, call me Mocha or else. I don't have a stupid callsign."

Alina visibly pouted at that, but a glare from Mocha shut down any attempt to verbalize a complaint.

Finally, that left the small green haired girl next to Aura. Her visible eye still seemed distant, like it was looking through Aura to something behind. It wasn't threatening, but it was a tad unnerving. She smiled as she said softly, "Captain Daisy Eweth, Alina calls me 'Pandemonium', that's where the team name came from."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 06, 2022, 02:45:47 pm »

Aurora

"It is an Honor and a Pleasure to meet all of you"

Aurora gave a short nod, and went quickly and quietly to her assorted Place. She made a quick note about the most defining features of everybody she was in the room with. It'd be enough for a short note in her book, but given how it all looked as if she'd be working more with these other three (or at least run into them during her service) it would probably be best to do some more extensive research, once she had the time at her hands.

For now, she was more worried about what was about to happen next.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1014 on: September 07, 2022, 09:04:05 am »

Lunete

The freedom fighter crossed her arms for a moment, thinking and pointedly refusing to ackowledge Mirala's comment on her state of mind. "I suppose I can just show her the full capacity of Lanica's most loyal soldier if she elects not to cooperate." Lunete pulled her power back, letting it return to a shadow looming over the room rather than the crushing void about their prisoner. "Speak, then. Tell me what I need to do to retrieve Shinko."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 11, 2022, 09:34:42 am »

Mirka

As Estela kicked Ginevra, Mirka closed in from the other side, dashing forth before delivering a knee strike to Ginevra's back. Even if Estela's attack didn't connect, the surprise from behind would surely throw Ginevra off.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 11, 2022, 10:37:51 am »

Yava
In that moment Yava decided she very much disliked the obstinate fool she was dealing with. It was as if she was speaking her native tongue here, for as much as the evil-eyed woman seemed to comprehend. Sighing beneath her breath, she questioned if it was even worth trying again. Maybe escaping really would be less effort than forcing a horse to drink...

No. No... they had neglected to take her key, for some reason, but they'd still seized other pieces of her kit she knew she'd need here. Getting them back later could prove a real hassle. And she didn't exactly have the time to make replacements for all of them.

"You must change your approach to problem." Yava said, bluntly. "Waiting for cultist to happen by and then stringing them up from ceiling? For one, it seems most of them are too cautious to go walking into potential trap like that. Two, even if you did catch any, it is not unlikely you would end killing them before you could torture or torment any secrets out of them. Such is power of indoctrination, strong enough it can rival even gaze of evil eye. No... if you want to find Cultist, you must do so by spying, not enhanced interrogation. Spying is how I have already found so much in so little time. Such as name of this 'Ember' you spoke of; enforcer of some significance for cult, as far as I pieced together. Then there were safehouses I already mentioned, empty, of course. My latest lead was very warehouse we stand in, which was apparently housing weapons and bombs. But given only ones here were you, and you have clearly been here good while and not found any...?"

From the look of things though, Yava would not be surprised if it turned out neither of them did a very thorough search of the place before setting up shop.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:43:27 am by Stratos »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 20, 2022, 10:44:40 am »

Yava and Lunete

Mirala nodded in assent. "Not a bomb to be found." she said, "If we agree to let you off the hook," she looked up at the hook the ropes holding Yava were hung from, "will you give your word you'll see this through with us? It seems we have similar goals, but this is going to get dangerous. I don't want to rely on someone who might skip out on me."

Mirka and Estela

Ginevra's reflexes caught Estela off-guard. Somehow, she managed to close the opening that was clearly there by twisting her body sideways and spinning around the incoming foot. This instead left Estela wide open. To her own ally's attack. Mirka's high-speed knee smashed into Estela's chest and sent her sprawling to the ground. She definitely heard a rib crack in the process too. The whole sequence should have been impossible, unless Ginevra's weapon was granting her superhuman reflexes.

Of course, from Ginevra's perspective it was second nature. She saw the foot following the feint and felt a tingle on her neck as the wind moved behind her and she reacted. Her body was itself a weapon, just as Lily's was. Dodging an unexpected attack was no different from walking, and no amount of inexperience could prevent her from moving forward. She couldn't just walk, she had to run. She had to run and become worthy of Lily's faith in her.

Ginevra's fists met the ground in the same instant, unleashing a wild pulse of electricity that coursed across the mud towards the fallen Estela.

Aura

"Very good." Colonel Arc said, "With that out of the way, today begins the most strenuous part of your training." Her faint smile from before momentarily became a knowing smirk. "I'm sure you'll all find that hard to believe, as all of you have already endured basic. But I promise you, the task ahead is far more difficult." She began writing on the whiteboard with a blue marker. "The four of you have been chosen for two reasons:" she backed away from the whiteboard to reveal the words "Power" and "Compatibility".

"Power, your unique strengths as people and as meisters." She underlined Power twice, "337-P in particular was chosen for a high aptitude in this regard."

Alina looked at Daisy and giggled a little.

"And Compatibility, your projected ability to work together as a team." Colonel Arc most definitely shoots a glance at Mocha as she says this. "Which, to be blunt, largely focused on compatible weapons in your case." She smirked again. "Your personalities suck, girls."

Arc pulled out a pack of worksheets and handed them out to each girl. "Today, the four of you will be learning that the hard way. Time to get to know each other."

The worksheets contained instructions for a handful of games. 20 questions, never have I ever, truth or dare, two truths and a lie. The sort of games you'd see at a 14-year-old's party, described in the same manner as a strategic military briefing. The juxtaposition was hard to ignore, and Alina was definitely stifling an obnoxious cackle. The girls were each instructed to play all of these games in a group, with each being expected to be played at least twice per girl.

"I'm not doing this." Mocha announced.

"Actually, Lieutenant, you are." Arc replied firmly, "Or you're spending the night on the roof."

The two glared at one another for a solid minute, neither refusing to back down. The tension was thick enough you would need a steak knife to cut it.

"Fine!" Mocha capitulated angrily, "I'll play your stupid games. But don't expect me to act friendly with these losers."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 20, 2022, 11:16:08 am »

Yava

The thief somehow managed to shrug despite being suspended upside down. It didn't seem like the blood rushing to her head was having much effect yet. "I have no choice but to see through to end. Fate of whole world is at stake. I will be killed on spot if I return empty handed. My friend will continue to suffer fate worse than death. There is no danger we can face from cult that is greater than what I have unleashed on unsuspecting world. I will sooner eat shit and die than abandon responsibility for this."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1019 on: September 21, 2022, 10:46:12 pm »

Lunete

The madwoman raised an eyebrow. This was. . . unexpected. Either she was an astoundingly good actor, or she really meant what she said, and the former was unlikely to have held up at this point. "Very well, then." Her voice almost sounded. . . impressed? Any sort of relief from this was then most likely drowned immediately by concern when the broken sword came out again. It slashed forth, parting the rope that bound the thief to the ceiling.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70