Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 49763 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 04:56:59 pm »

Monika

In a way, Monika was just as shocked at Mack's display as Kira was. It was one thing to compliment and admire a lady, but another to just swoop in and steal a kiss from them without consent. Additionally, if going by Kira's general reception from her peers and overall history, Mack didn't just steal a kiss. She stole Kira's first. That could've been hers, and this bubble-gum chewing, arrogant, and annoying punk just took the chance from her.

But, focusing on what really mattered at the moment, Monika finally got into range, thrusting her halberd at Mack's center without the normal blast of heat that accompanied her movements. Like with Kira though, this was more of a beginning attack, Monika preparing to create yet another blast of heat to push both herself and her leg forward, aiming to knee Mack regardless of the result of her initial thrust.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2020, 06:49:27 pm »

Monika and Kira

Mack sidestepped to the outside of the spear as she charged forward. It grazed her side enough to cause a grunt of pain, but she didn't slow. What did slow her was the fact that she had one hand rummaging in her pocket. She wasn't able to get at her pack of gum while moving, so she stopped entirely to pull a piece out. She popped it in her mouth and started chewing. She took the same time to reposition her bat, letting it slide between her fingers until she had it by the handle again. It didn't take her very long to refresh her gum, but it was more than long enough to make up for the fact that she'd disrupted Monika's attack. She'd given up all of her momentum, leaving both Monika and Kira plenty of time to act.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 06:58:25 pm »

Eilyth
Eilyth glanced back towards the camp as they passed. Then to Patricia's faltering form, sweating and growing more breathless the further they went. And to Leah, hiding her pain well but also beginning to show early signs of wearing down. The thought of dropping some of her scales so she could carry them the rest of the way briefly crossed her mind, but even she was beginning to feel the effects of this miserable situation. Perhaps in more manageable weather she would've had more confidence, but as things currently stood she was almost certain she'd collapse if she had to go that much further at this speed. She had been right. They made it this far, but running had proven futile nonetheless.
    "Enough!" She called out to them, "We're not even going to make it very far past the border at this rate."
    She slowed her gait and then stopped altogether, turning herself to gaze back over the camp. She recalled how easily the demon was knocked down, when Leah managed to position her orbs just right. How she had been unable to break through her armor without momentum. She still had the extra layer she created minutes earlier, and if she no longer had to worry about remaining on the move... yes. It might work.
    "This is a good place to make a stand," Eilyth declared "The two of you can hide in the tents, get your breath back. Patricia can build up her aura again while she's at it. When that monster finally catches up, I can pretend I stayed back to cover your retreat. Bait her into attacking me. The moment she does, she'll be just vulnerable enough to be knocked down by a water orb. If I shed some excess weight I can probably pounce her in time to keep her pinned. After that it's as simple as Patricia coming out and stabbing her again. If she survives that, I can start beating her."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2020, 07:14:00 pm »

Monika

Although Monika didn't entirely expect the stab to work, nor did she expect Mack to step on the outside of her attack instead of towards her, she didn't pay much attention to it. She was capably of quick thinking, especially in the heat of battle. So, as Mack retrieved some more gum from her pocket, Monika planted the foot she had initially planned to knee Mack with onto the ground before lifting her other leg, multiple blasts of heat erupting from her heel in order to spin Monika around, sending a high speed kick directly towards Mack's head.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2020, 10:44:40 pm »

Kira managed to finally hack up the gum just as she managed to get a fistful of her scarf. She saw what Monika was up to out of the corner of her eye and devised her own plan. Still wheezing a bit, she momentarily froze the scarf as she lifted it up to use it for leverage, then freed it up and charged at Mack. If Monika landed her kick or otherwise forced her backward, she'd simply provide a hard surface for the girl to bounce off of. If not, she'd keep moving and try to entangle a limb towards the end of breaking it. . . to make her less of a threat, of course.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2020, 03:55:39 am »

Monika and Kira

Mack tossed her bat in the air again while ducking under the spin kick. This wasn't just any duck, however, it also included the preparation for her next move. Using the energy she'd gathered in her legs on the way down, Mack sprung up into a backflip, extending one leg out further to kick the bat down towards Kira. But the bat never reached Kira. Mack grabbed it out from the air as before it could even truly start its flight. She used the bat's weight and the time gained from the feint to twist halfway around in midair, even making use of the way her extended foot offset her rotation to help complete the maneuver.

Monika had massively overshot with her missed kick, leaving her back exposed. Mack finished her aerial turn by letting go of the bat and sending it straight into the back of Monika's head. Already struggling to stay in the fight due to her stomach injury, Monika was easily downed by the blow.

Mack's maneuver had worked, but it had screwed her out of a successful backflip. She fell awkwardly onto the the downed soldier she'd stopped next to when she went to fish for her gum, causing the half-conscious woman to grunt in surprise and pain. Mack paid that no mind, quickly scrambling to get into a more comfortable position to see what Kira was doing, causing a few more grunts of pain along the way. Mack angled herself slightly to guard the arm she'd thrown the bat with, possibly to conceal an injury.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 06:52:38 am »

"Monika-!" The hit was bad, very bad. Kira focused on being angry at the one that had inflicted it, warding off a panic over the condition of her commanding officer after a head injury. She continued her course forward, changing tactics slightly. Now that her opponent was on the ground and she was standing, she had the advantage. Kira aimed an attack that was somewhere between a kick and a stomp at Mack's gut; as she did so, she held the scarf in the air above her and locked it in place. It became a source of leverage once more; she used it to both stabilize herself if her legs were swept out from underneath (which was a strong possibility given her opponent) and as a way to add extra power to her maneuver.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 08:07:10 am »

Monika

After her kick missed, there was a brief moment of vulnerability as Monika moved to continue the spin with a slash from her halberd. That vulnerability came from her back being open to attack, a brief opening that would normally go by too quickly for anyone to take advantage of. However, on this certain day, her movement slowed thanks to the pain in her stomach. So, it was no surprise that Monika couldn't react quickly enough to prevent Mack's bat from connecting with the back of her head, a noticeable clonk emanating from the blow before the Major dropped like a sack of rockets, her momentum causing her to fall on her side. She didn't even have the time to give a last thought of the matter before her conscious left her.

And to think, today was supposed to be such a peaceful day.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 09:21:22 am »

MoniKO and Kira

Mack pulled out the soldier's sidearm that she'd surreptitiously gathered underneath herself. There was a resounding bang through the forest as she pulled the trigger without a moment's hesitation. Kira's scarf was too far away for her to reposition it in time to block, allowing the bullet to fly unhindered. It slammed into her chest with enough force to put an end to her kicking attempt. She wasn't dead, but she wasn't in a position to fight back anymore. The world became a bit of a blur for a moment as her body and mind struggled to process what had happened. It felt like all at once Mack had retrieved the bat, climbed to her feet, and smacked Kira in the back of the head with the weapon. Going unconscious felt slower by comparison, it wasn't an instant knockout like with Monika. Kira had just enough lucidity left to feel someone doing something to her injured chest before she lost consciousness entirely.

"General, I found someone!" Monika's consciousness sparked to life at the sound of someone shouting above her. She was slow to rouse at first, but the pain in her abdomen jolted her out of the fog. Her breathing was shallow, and she found attempts at breathing deeper were quickly followed by bouts of coughing. A woman with bluish hair was leaning over her, prodding with some sort of medical tool. The patches on the shoulders of her labcoat denoted her as a field medic, she was helping.

"Why don't you just let her die?" The speaker was a teenage girl with braided brown hair and oversize glasses.

The medic pointed to the patch on her shoulder and shot glasses a look of annoyance. "This patch means I help everyone. I don't help everyone, it gets taken away, and then I get shot the next time I try to help one of ours." she explained as she continued poking at Monika's gut.

"But I've seen you kill people, shouldn't you be helping those people too?"

The medic sighed loudly, "Believe it or not, we medics do understand what war means. In an active combat situation, we're soldiers first. But the instant combat dies down, my job is to save anyone left."

"Waste of a holy weapon if you ask me." the teen tried to mimic the medic's annoyance, but she didn't have the same bite. All she had really managed to do was sound petulant.

"Holy weapons let medics be the source of combat dying down. If I can fight another holy weapon and win, that can end an entire battle. Even if I have to kill them, it saves lives. It's risky, even riskier than being a medic already is, but it's worth it if I can keep a few more people alive." the medic shot Monika a sad look, belatedly realizing she was lucid, "I'm sorry about her. I will save you, you have my word."

The medic turned and called over her shoulder, "If she's safe to move, bring the one with the rough patch job over here so I can keep an eye on her! And get me a healer, I'm pretty sure this one got hit in the stomach by a Force weapon!"

Kira had been awake for a while, thanks in no small part to some bandages hastily applied to her bullet wound. She already had a general idea of what was happening. The medic was "Doc," she'd checked Kira's bandages and then delegated watching her to a subordinate while she continued her search for survivors. The girl who looked like a teenager was Verna, as far as Kira could tell, she was a civilian. Verna had suggested killing Kira as well, and Doc had been equally annoyed the first time. It sounded like the scouting party, minus the woman splattered against the tree, had all recovered enough to walk away from the fight. They'd left, but hadn't had time to rescue Monika and Kira because the Neridan army was approaching. The woman in charge was General Camilla Rayze, both Kira and Monika had heard her name before. She was a highly decorated leader in the Neridan military, and the leader of the Neridan war effort against Katria. She was also walking towards them.

"How are the prisoners, Doc?" The general asked. Her voice was gruff, matching her fit-but-elderly appearance to a T.

"They're not prisoners." Doc answered, quickly turning to Monika and Kira and assuring them, "You're not prisoners."

"You know the standard procedures, you helped me write the standard procedures." Camilla frowned, "What's your angle here?"

"Meisters." Doc waved her arm at Monika's halberd, which she'd moved a safe distance away.

"Oh, shit." Camilla took a step back.

"You said we didn't want to give them justification to attack again while our forces are busy in the northeast. I think taking some wounded meisters prisoner would do that." Doc's tone somehow seemed to only get flatter the more elaborate her arguments became.

Camilla shook her head, "It's too late for that. Guess who it is in the tree."

Doc's eyes went wide, practically a miracle considering her expression hadn't changed an iota since she started talking. She gave Monika and Kira an apologetic look, "I guess you're prisoners after all, sorry. Don't suppose you'd be up to telling me everything the general wants to know before I have to let her interrogate you?"

Eilyth

Leah and Patricia agreed to the plan. No one seemed to think it was likely to succeed, but they were both pretty worn out. They hid in the tent and left Eilyth to wait.

Unfortunately, anticipation wasn't enough to keep Eilyth's adrenaline pumping. She hadn't taken any real hits, but the sheer power of Lily's attacks meant she was still covered in various aches and pain. and that was before the agony of exerting herself so much in the summer heat. As much as she'd told the others to rest, she needed it too.

Lily didn't plan to let her have it. An impact just like the first, but this time it came in the form of a kick that drove Eilyth down into the mud immediately, smashing open her right shoulder. Lily continued her momentum and did a front flip across the tumbling Eilyth. As soon as she landed she spun around with a roundhouse kick that used the momentum she'd generated from the first to smash another hole in the armor on Eilyth's back. They were different attacks, but the tactics behind them were almost identical to Lily's first assault. It seemed the Dame Supreme didn't have a lot of tricks up her sleeve. Maybe she was so powerful she didn't need them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:24:38 am by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 11:10:39 am »

Kira stared at the doctor blankly for a moment, her damaged eye taking a noticeable moment to focus alongside its twin. She had gotten over her initial panic, bottling up the outpouring of fears and anxieties for a later time so she wouldn't break down or do something stupid now. "I don't know anything." She glanced at Monika, and then took another moment to quell the spike of concern. Her eye didn't quite return to its place, seemingly focused somewhere above and behind the doctor. "They wouldn't tell us anything important."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2020, 11:44:57 am »

Eilyth
{A Dragon's (Final?) Gambit}
Twin pinpricks of crimson ignited in the dragon's eyes as it felt the first impact. The moment it had been waiting for, even as it rested. The moment it knew would inevitably come. Fatigue and body aches for just a brief while vanished beneath the sea of fury pouring forth from it's heart, as it knew full well that this moment would decide it's fate; to be so beholden to it's physical discomfort as to fail now...

was simply unacceptable.

Instinctively it folded it's wings flush against it's body, shielding the areas damage by it's assailant's latest attacks. It the same moment, the mass of living stone constituting it's body lurched with enough force to shake the sodden ground around it, as it's tail, previously curled with it's tip near it's head, whipped around in a massive arc towards the back of it's body where it knew it's Assailant had likely landed. A fearsome roar heralded this attempted reprisal, as well as the renewal of it's earlier battle.

A roar that to the Dame Supreme would likely hold no more significance than any other it had uttered. But to the dragon's comrades, hidden as they were, it was precisely the signal it had relayed for them to spring on. The tail swipe currently being executed was nothing more than a distraction, a means to knock Lily of Damnation just of balance enough for the rest of the beast's plan to fall into place.

It was an unlikely plan. The dragon had known this when it first concocted it. But the alternatives had been even less logistically feasible.

This was, quite possibly, it's final gambit. And despite the astronomical odds, it had no choice but to make it work. Even if doing might require it going so far as to tear it's own muscles, break it's own bones. For if it didn't, they would all be little more than mangled corpses in a few minutes time anyway, and none of that self-inflicted overexertion would matter.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2020, 02:20:52 pm »

Monika

Once Monika began to stir, she was hoping she'd find herself on a nice bed, relatively fine and preferably with a cute girl worried for her sake. Fortunately, she at least got one of her wishes granted, seeing as how a blue haired medic was currently patching her up. Unfortunately, she quickly found out that the other two wishes were left ignored, due to the fact that she was still on the forest floor and could barely even breathe without going into a coughing fit.

For the most part, Monika stayed still, letting the Doc do her work without making much unnecessary noise. Though when said Doc gave her word that she'd save her, Monika at least gave her a smile and waved her hand a little bit before abruptly dropping it back to her side, "Thanks, I greatly appreciate it" she commented, now trying to focus her attention on the various figures around her. The Doc was the closest, followed by a teenager who asked why they were trying to save them (something she had to drill into new recruits once or twice, and would've drilled into hers as well if it wasn't for the injuries, a few other troops scattered about and... Ah, wonderful, she was getting to meet the General of Neridan today as well.

She was going to get hell for this when she got back.

“Well, that would depend on what I’m allowed to share” Monika admitted with a shrug, far less prominent than her normal ones thanks to her various injuries, “We were just out here for some scouting, got ambushed, and you can see how well that went for us. If you wanted something more concrete, then I'm sorry to say you've taken the worst possible pair to interrogate. I'm certain most of my higher ups wouldn't give me important info if their lives depended on them" she said with another shrug, the movement and continued talking causing her to cough weakly a few times. Ordinarily she would take this chance to comment on the various lady's appearances, including the General's, but she just didn't have the energy for it.
OOC
IC

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »

L
A Sleepy Trickster Triumphs~

A soft yet audible voice wafted through the door, the voice of the captain, just a touch happier then before. "I am sure Cay knows exactly where one is just for such occasions. You should report in." L knew by the time that Silvia would be back she'd be more than able to get ready, she enjoyed doing it on her own time. "Cay will surely understand your plight and more importantly that you fell for the oldest trick in the book. If we ever next play the game, I hope it isn't such a simple matter. I enjoy a challenge." L teased through the doorway as she walked about the room getting things ready for when Silvia had taken her leave. She wished to seem as if she was still in bed, to not give Silvia some satisfaction that she hadn't lost their unknown game of wits. L enjoyed the silly triumph for now, knowing that she hardly enjoyed anything in the outside world anymore. Furthermore, there wouldn't be time for such later, her future was in question. She was sure this would be the end of her road, and she wasn't truly sure what she would do with herself afterwards. She'd figure out something she supposed... she always had before.

It was time now for her to face the general and whatever they saw fit to mite down. She simply hoped that those under her would be safe, that her girls would get through this. Even if she had to sacrifice herself to do so.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:00:54 pm by Raindrop Valkyrie »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2020, 03:59:14 pm »

Monika and Kira

The general let out a grunt of disdain, prompting another look of annoyance from Doc. The two locked gazes for what must have been two minutes, silently communicating. Clearly they knew each other well.

The general deflated with a long sigh. "Fine Eudokia, do what you want." the general turned to go, her resolve evidently lower than that of the medic. She didn't get far before she hastily added over her shoulder, "Within reason."

Doc nodded, "I get it, no releasing them." She let the general go and then shifted her gaze to Verna, "Get me that damn healer, before she starts throwing up chunks of her stomach."

Verna shrugged and trudged off to obey. Monika would have to hope that Doc's authority was enough to get the rebellious young woman to comply.

"Alright, you're in luck, Camilla was in a good mood." Doc said, "First off, don't try to escape. Verna might not look like much, but she will kill you. Not a threat, she's crazy and crazy powerful. Do that for me and I promise not to ask you any questions about operations." Doc pulled out the bag she had sitting behind her and rummaged in it until she found her phone. It was sleek tech, the latest Neridan design for certain. She flicked a stylus out of it and positioned herself to take notes. "I don't want to interrogate you until after I have a healer fix you up, but I'd like to get the basics, if that's alright. Name, rank, element, a bit about yourself if you're feeling open. Oh, and if either of you notice any changes in how you're feeling you tell me immediately. Whatever hit you, it hit hard, don't mess around."
Defile Circles Discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 04:23:41 pm »

Silvia

Silvia knocked on the door. She didn’t expect a response, nor did she receive one. She knocked again.
She knocked again.

She knocked again, and again.

Again.

Again, again, again.

Again.
Again.

Again.
Again, with a relatively loud thump this time.

Againagainagainaginagain-

This continued for a while. The point wasn’t to wake the captain: she was already awake, anyway. The point was to annoy the captain until she decided it wasn’t worth it to keep wasting time. The knocking had no rhyme or reason, which was entirely the point; if there were any proper pattern, someone could drown it out like people do with other background noises. Keeping it unpredictable would make that much harder.

In theory, at least.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:34:32 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70