Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 49704 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2020, 03:57:58 pm »

Monika

Still recovering from Verna's attack, Marionette had no time to brace for the blast of heat. It flung her backwards with a force that surprised even Monika, scorching the monster's stolen skin as she flew.

Unable to brace, Marionette was still perfectly equipped for recovery. Her tumbling ended with her skidding backward of all fours, seemingly unfazed by the severe damage her palms were taking. That was the one certainty in this fight. Marionette was completely numb to pain.

With the initial shock wearing off, Monika and Verna were both becoming aware of the terrified screams emanating from fleeing bystanders. One's path went a little to close to Marionette, and the monster claimed a second victim. Although both Monika and Verna had managed to burn her, all it had done was result in another grotesque death. There didn't seem to be any way to harm Marionette that she wouldn't just recover when she claimed her next victim.

"Hey you!" Verna shouted, drawing Marionette's attention.

The monster was silent as always, but did turn her head to look at Verna.

"Today was a really good day until you showed up! I'm gonna kill you!" Verna drew back her arm to punch her ball at Marionette again.

Marionette's body shuddered. There was no time to realize what that meant before the ball went streaking towards her. Her needles swung around in front of her to block the attack. They easily caught the ball and redirected it to the side. Marionette kept shuddering with silent laughter, clearly unimpressed by Verna's threats.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2020, 05:22:01 pm »

Monika

Inwardly, Monika cringed when she saw Marionette claim her second victim, who had been unfortunate enough to be slightly too close to the mindless killer. Mostly because she herself had launched her closer. It was obvious that they wouldn't be able to actually take out Marionette, or even deal any lasting damage. She'd just kill someone and repair herself instantly. But, even then, the two had to cover the fleeing civilians.

With an explosion of heat launching her into action, Monika leapt into the air, her blasts erupting around her feet so that she could 'climb' over Marionette's range of death, positioning herself right above Marionette before sending another large explosion down unto her, allow the momentum of the blast to carry her further upwards.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2020, 06:30:40 pm »

Kirari

Escaping the outdoor cafe wasn't difficult, but figuring out what to do afterwards was. Kirari didn't know her way around the city at all. Even if she had a plan for where to go, she had no way to get there.

"Excuse me?" A young woman called out to Kirari. She was dressed in shoddy clothing and had extremely dark red hair. Not a particularly notable person, but Kirari still got the sense she should be wary. Perhaps it was the strange gem embedded in her neck like shrapnel. "Sorry if this is a bit out of the blue, but I'm looking for a Kira Nerest? Is that you?"

Jessie

"Welcome back." Mirth waved at the returning Jessie, "You're just in time. Any longer and we were gonna vote without you."

"Um." Lali spoke up, "She's joking, we wouldn't vote on a mission without you."

Nobody else spoke up. There was a tension in the air as they all waited to see what "Alice" would do.

L and Silvia

"I have no input on healers at this time." Cay said, sounding slightly relieved at the subject change. The tension that had built p between her and L was rapidly fading now. "I would support a fourth addition, however I do believe we should take care with our choice. Even if we select a useful ability, they may not be a good fit for the team in personality."

Eilyth

"There's a woman in the back room of the auditorium. A friend of mine whose helping with the sound systems." Leah said, "I'd like you to meet it. Take her this." Leah handed Eilyth a disk. "It's a bit of a surprise I've cooked up, she'll know what to do."

There was something off about this situation. A simple errand didn't warrant anything this serious. There was most certainly some deeper reason that Leah wanted Eilyth to meet this friend.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2020, 09:01:10 pm »

Eilyth
"Uh... yeah. Sure." Eilyth said, taking the disc. She wanted to ask questions, but part of her felt that she'd get more answers from whoever this mysterious friend was. With the plastic media in hand she headed off to the auditorium.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2020, 06:37:42 pm »

Kirari

"Yes," she answered, before she had time to really process the strangeness of it. Why would someone be wandering about in the streets, looking for a prisoner of war. "Whatever you need me for isn't urgent right now. Marionette is here." She imparted as much urgency to her tone as she could physically manage. "My friends are in that cafe holding her off and I don't know where to go to get backup." Real fear entered her voice as she spoke. She had no idea who this person was, but she had no time; Kirari just had to hope she could help.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2020, 05:58:08 pm »

Kirari

"Marionette?" the strange woman's eyes widened at the name, "Do you honestly think a total stranger is going to fight Marionette on your behalf? That's suicide." She shook her head and smiled wryly. It was a pretty insane request after all. "Well, you're in luck. If you want someone for a suicide mission, there's no one better." she held out her hand to Kirari, "The name's Trick, and I'm already dead."
Defile Circles Discord

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2020, 12:39:52 pm »

L

"Noted, and a fair point." The mini major nodded curtly with Cay's statement. It was prudent to make sure they wouldn't clash when it mattered most, that the balance of personalities would mesh together for their unit. Their job was lightly put, extremely stressful. It'd already be a risk in some ways bringing Risa aboard, somebody who was clearly not entirely comfortable with her powers and so bringing aboard a fourth would require a delicate balancing act... as much as she hated to admit to herself... Aia would probably not be a possiblity with Risa. L would simply require dividing her attention too much to look after both of them. Risa needed her focus to help unlock whatever potiental was hiding in her confusing powers. Water powers always had to be a pain in the ass... so it'd not be a simple task. L would have to offer assistance to Aia in a different manner through her contacts. She just hoped that they'd be able to provide that assistance on such short notice. She'd refer Aia to a source she trusted implicitly, and old CO of hers.

L slumped her face into the desk immediately, defeated but playing it off as if she was tired. And, given she was, she didn't have to try all that much. "Then, I suggest Our Water healer and our Fire Healer. Risa has too much potiental to pass, as does..." L looked puzzled for a moment, clearly having forgotten the name of the woman's name. "Her power won't help me much if at all, but I reckon such a boost to output may prove invaluable to Miss Faith and potentially Miss Emmery. From Silvia's report she seems more than capable and further, her personality doesn't clash with any of our current operatives nor any of our new ones. I am ready to finalize those selections, if either of you have any objections speak them now, lest I go to sleep." L's humour was always quite strange but it seeped into her words here and there.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2020, 04:45:41 pm »

Kirari

Still confused, she shook Trick's hand. "I didn't think so, no." It was a ridiculous idea, but she had no idea what motivated this monster. Kirari didn't know what would make her leave beyond an organized response of overwhelming force, but apparently this woman thought she could contribute something. Either she was completely insane - which was a possibility - or her weapon was extremely powerful. Either way, there was the small chance she could make some difference, whether it be by providing a distraction or actually pushing her away. "Thank you," she said simply. If she encountered the woman again, she could ask what she meant by already being dead.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2020, 02:06:36 pm »

She panted heavily as she pulled on the gravestone. It was heavy and hard to move, but she had no choice. It was the closest piece that she could exert any control over. She didn't know how she did it, only that even attempting to move the pieces was extremely draining. It was out of her hands now. The yarn and the gravestone would both be fine, she'd seen them both survive much more dangerous threats than one another. She could only hope the sun would survive the encounter.

Monika

Marionette wasn't about to be caught off guard again and dodged out of the way of Monika's attack with ease. Verna attempted another attack, but Marionette blocked again. Now that the monster was finding her stride, Verna and Monika stood little chance of victory. She spun to face Monika's landing and charged, this time not fearing the halberd at all.

Eilyth

{22 42 15 15 44 24 33 22 43 21 42 34 32 13 11 44 23 23 15 31 15 31}

The back room was pitch black when Eilyth entered, as far as she could tell there was no one there. Any attempts to turn on the lights proved fruitless and there was no answer if she called out. The room was totally empty.

With no reason to stay, she would, of course, attempt to return to Leah. There was just one problem with that: the door was gone.

"Le av in gs os oo n?" an otherworldly voice echoed from all directions, "hOw AbOuT wE hAvE a LiTtLe ChAt FiRsT?"

Something wet and slimy brushed against Eilyth's leg and she felt the skin on the back of her neck stand up. Something about this just felt wrong, it was as if all the rules that held the universe together had fallen away and left only madness. Madness that now seeped into Eilyth's very skin and threatened to tear her apart.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2020, 02:37:59 pm »

Monika

Though the chances of winning was swiftly approaching zero, Monika herself was also managing to shake off the rust that had accumulated during her imprisonment. So, when her feet hit the ground and signaled Marionette's charge, the Major barely wasted a moment as she set off yet another blast of heat under her feet, blowing apart the pavement underneath and launching herself back. Though she was thankful that Marionette was focusing on her, she was not going to give the monster the opportunity to engage with her weapon. So she forced herself back, continuing to set off explosions under her feet in order to move away from Marionette, and hopefully move her away from the bulk of civilians.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2020, 07:03:51 pm »

Eilyth
Eilyth stared into the yawning abyss before her, trying and failing to let her eyes adjust to the blackness. She could feel Amicus begin writhing around her neck, mirroring the rising unease that gripped her as a cold shiver ran down her spine. This wasn't natural darkness. This was the work of a Shadow Meister. Briefly, her mind ran through the possibility that Brienne had tagged her with one of her tendrils, but the logic for that accusation was falling apart quickly. The power definitely seemed to match, but... it was yet different. Brienne's darkness attacked the mind and it's deepest insecurities, but this? This empty void, this black hellscape? It felt like it was laying siege to her soul itself. There was an... otherworldly, insidious nature to it. A type of... encroaching corruption. Madness.
    "W-who are you?" She called into the abyss. Her hand idly reached up to Amicus' head, stroking the choker's draconic relief as if it were a living pet. An old habit, one that came out only in the worst of times. And one that she loathed others seeing... but she hated the sensation pressing in on her mind, body, and spirit from all sides even more. The desire for whatever small comfort she can find in this darkness won out over pride.

Could she fight her way out of this, if she had to, she wondered? How do you rip and tear into apparent darkness itself?
"No, no shut up...don't think like that..." She told herself "It's... just a Shadow Meister. I'd just need to... find them."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:05:29 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2020, 10:23:08 pm »

Eilyth

Though she sought comfort, what Eilyth reached for brought only despair. The place her weapon normally occupied felt empty, she was powerless.

"my name is cath-helel." the voice answered, "I t  i s  a  p l e a s u r e  t o  m e e t  y o u. IT is NOT often THAT i AM summoned FOR a COURTESY call. Yo um us tb es om eo ne im po rt an tt ot he dr ea me r."

The way Cath-Helel spoke was not only difficult to process, but constantly shifting. It was like speaking in ciphers with the key changing after every sentence.

Monika

Marionette attempted to follow Monika through the first dodge backwards, but she learned quickly. As soon as she saw that Monika would easily outrun her, she changed focus. Since most of the civilians had already fled, the only remaining target was Verna. Luckily, Verna wasn't an easy target either, and was able to slow Marionette down by forcing the monster to parry another attack.

Kirari

Trick didn't let go of Kirari's hand. "I wouldn't thank me just yet, I want something from you too." she said, "Head down thataway and hop in the red car. I'll explain after I finish with yarnie."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2020, 12:51:48 am »

Eilyth
"A-amicus...?" She kept feeling around her neck, the writhing she'd felt earlier suddenly gone. Her hand, now trembling, met nothing but bare, raw flesh she hadn't touched in years. It was the first time since they had bonded that anything had actually managed to remove Amicus, She had always expected such a scenario would've at least been painful, that it would've probably killed her... and yet, now he was gone without her even noticing it. With nothing to ground her in this nightmare reality and the feeling of impending insanity growing stronger, she soon found her breathing harder to regulate.
    "No... no, stop it! This... this isn't real." She clutched her chest, fist going bone white. In the place of her weapon, she would let something else familiar ground her. She would let pain take his place for now. At the sensation of pain, her panic was giving way to anger, and she clung to it, used it to retain control for just a bit longer. She took a deep breath and steeled herself, glaring off into the abyss "He couldn't have just vanished like that. You're supposed to be a dragon, remember? Mind, body, and spirit. So stop groveling and fucking act like it."
    She focused on the words being spoken. It took some effort to try and put everything into its proper place, but she had always been better deciphering speech than text. Even still, she shook her head in confusion at what she deduced. "The...dreamer? You mean... Leah? You're the friend she was talking about?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2020, 07:41:27 am »

Eilyth

The maddening room felt so cold, yet Eilyth couldn't shake the awful feeling that she was on fire. If she stayed here too long, she would certainly lose the ability to tell the difference permanently.

"FrIEnd? NO. I Am bUt A hUmblE sErvAnt." Cath-Helel said, "MILADY LEAH IS A STEward of the grand estate whicH I AM SWORN TO SERVE. i have made a solemn vow to protect the lady with my very life. I KNOW NOT WHY THE LADY CALLED ME TO MEET YOU, BUT MY EXISTENCE BEING AS SECRET AS IT IS, YOU MUST BE SOMEONE SHE TRUSTS. I hope my s e r v I c e will be s a t i s f a c t o r y for you, lady..?" It trailed off, letting the question hang in the air for Eilyth to answer.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2020, 08:20:57 am »

Kirari

Nothing is without its price. She hesitated for an instant. She didn't want to commit herself to something she knew nothing about, especially if that something threatened to take her friends from her somehow.

But, in the end, she had no choice. They would die if this woman didn't help. . . assuming she was able. "I'll meet you there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70