Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork Kobold Mode - Cut Features  (Read 3538 times)

ChipsDubbo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Masterwork Kobold Mode - Cut Features
« on: May 22, 2020, 08:57:35 pm »

Disclaimer that I have not played masterwork since the old 34.11 version, way back before the DF 2014 update.

My favorite has always been Kobold mode, I love the little guys and the creative tools they have, but I've noticed a lot of features didn't carry over to the new version. Ogres, hexers, warpaint etc but especially the thieving! I loved the sense of progression and upgraded tech that came from it, as well as the ability to gain lots of fun tools.

Seems like its happened with other races too, I assume its been a huge job and that Meph has been busy with the Steam DF. Just wondering if all the features were left out due to incompatibility or because they don't work anymore. Would I be able to manually add them back to my masterwork files if I lifted most of it from the old version?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Kobold Mode - Cut Features
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:42:40 pm »

I mean if you want thieving then you can actually steal stuff for real in vanilla dwarf fortress, just an fyi. I imagine lots of other features have gotten cut because they're not compatible with current dwarf  fortress, or you can just do them for real now.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Unknown Kobold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Kobold Mode - Cut Features
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 09:39:58 pm »

But you can't plan kobolds vanilla