Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarfs are not barring a corpus  (Read 488 times)

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarfs are not barring a corpus
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:32:48 pm »

all,

my dwarfs are not barring a corpus of a citizen and a diplomat. I have empty coffins i have placed (built) and marked for burial. several dwarfs have the  burial.  labor enabled. Neither should be a wear-creature. I turned off the setting in world gen.  I cant even get the dwarfs  to dump the courses. my dwarfs are throwing tantrums. how do I take care of the issue.

sunhear,

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: dwarfs are not barring a corpus
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 10:39:48 pm »

A few things to check:

Are the corpses civilians of your fort or people who visisted your tavern? If they are visitors, they won't be buried.

Are dwarves hauling bits? Dwarves bury people who were dismembered one piece at a time. It can be slow to bury someone if very few dwarves are working on it and they had a very violent death.

The tantrums are probably related to whatever killed these two in your fort. Dwarves hate seeing people die and seeing bodies. They can quickly become stressed in that situation. Set up corpse and refuse stockpiles out of sight of everyone else, and try to keep conflicts low. Tantruming dwarves will also not work, so this may also explain why it is so slow to bury the corpses.