Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.  (Read 10682 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Full up sorry :(
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 11:25:50 pm »

Maybe I'll write a system for that next iteration. ;P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 11:30:15 pm »

I wrote a system to give weapons varying damage depending on a Strength roll, and then I forgot that I did that because I'm a dummy and left all melee weapons with flat damage.

OP now updated with variable damage for the Axe, Spear, and Sledgehammer. Hopefully this does not impact your plans too badly.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 12:01:15 am »

Sheet adjusted. Will there be leveling in this game, or are skill and stat-points unchanging?
Also, i have Four mony for use by the rest of the party. Yes, i am forgoing armor. That's intentional.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 12:14:54 am »

The stats you start with is what you get.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 12:22:42 am »

Good to know.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Nyarlathotep Needs YOU!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 02:16:55 am »

@Lenglon

Vijiriwek is using a fictional gun list I made as a somewhat game-independent set of firearms which I hoped would cover most all niches that might be desired.  One element of the list was that all the weapons were split between four factions, each with their own design priorities.  Originally the factions were gun manufacturers--think like Borderlands, where just seeing a gun's manufacturer can tip you off to how its stats will be distributed--but it also worked well for arming four separate factions who would have noticeably different armories and tactics, and that interpretation is what got ported into Egan's system.  Egan chose to use only the "Acirema" faction, probably because the full list of 44 guns breaks the post character limit and is a bit overkill for this game anyway.  That's why the current list has so many automatics, including the faction sniper rifle, which is functionally more of an accurized battle rifle; the Acirema "hat" is supposed to be automatics and controllable dakka in general.

For what it's worth, the N13 Brave basically is the 416 carbine in the list, as the next lightest AR is really more an uncontrollable PDW comparable to the N0, which is the heaviest SMG.  It's not statted with that intention, as I had originally intended for there to be rules for variant modifications (specifically DMR and carbine variants, in fact), but that adds complexity to a game Egan has wanted to keep simple and runnable, and doesn't play nice with the system numbers anyway.  I already feel like every attempt to balance the numbers for this game has ended up a failure, allowing players to rebalance the numbers for each gun would exacerbate the problem.   :-\

Oh, and I'll totally get rid of my two smoke grenades to pool money for the more expensive medkit.  +2 money if that makes it affordable.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 04:30:21 am »

Lenglon has pooled 1 moni for medkit
Dustan Hache (no brain, its not dustin hatch, stop it) has pooled 4 moni
Syvarris is potentally pooling 2 moni

Total: 7 moni

Adv medkit cost: 4
Basic medkit cost: 2

Ya'll are being overly selfless.
Didn't you want something eldritch dustin Dustan?
Sy, you should keep your smoke nades if you have a plan for them.
Itll only take a total of 3 + my 1 to get the adv medkit. Stop being so generous!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:32:17 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 04:45:40 am »

I figured Dustan would probably spend some of that money on elserjunk, now that it's available.  I don't have any particular plan for the smoke grenades, beyond smoke virtually always being useful.  I just didn't want to buy lethal grenades (which have a tendency to teamkill in games), and armor penalizes stealth, so smoke grenades are the next best thing for my spare money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: I think it's time we blow this thing
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 04:51:42 am »

Alright, we're ready to start, looks like. I'll still let you guys finalize equipment before the first combat.

After a long, tense drive cooped up in an inconspicuous civilian vehicle bristling with military grade weaponry, you have arrived.
Ot at least, you're most of the way there. You've reached a point where the paved highway meets a seemingly unmaintained dirt road, which supposedly leads to the target. This far out, there are no lights, so it's almost impossible to see past your van's headlights in the dark and drizzle. However, despite the precipitation, the sky is fairly clear and the moon is bright in the sky.

From here, there are a few clear paths: You could drive your van down the road, or leave it here and follow the road on foot. Or you could hike into the wood and try to find a path.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: I think it's time we blow this thing
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 05:51:00 am »

Without comment, Erin gets out of the van and readies her gear, preparing herself at the base of the road towards the manor for a bit of a walk. She also is actively shielding her eyes from the light, attempting to get them adjusted to the moonlight and remove the headlight-blindness.

Am currently assuming Dustan wants the Else Ink, and so am predicting 1 moni from Erin, two from Synlocar, and one from Mallo, to allow Erin (or Mallo, but am assuming Erin for now) to carry an Adv Medkit.
nvm, see below. Looks like Dustan really doesn't want any items beyond his machete. this odd turn of events leaves the medkit fund overfunded by 1 moni, without Sy spending anything on it. So I guess Sy has his smoke nades, Erin the Adv medkit, and we're floating one moni for other use? Is that right?

My vote is that we go up the road on foot.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:21:58 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 06:04:17 am »

Am currently assuming Dustan wants the Else Ink

(It wouldn't be very useful for him, as he only has Elsic Knowledge, which is the... more academic, slightly sanitized version. Not useful for actually doing anything Elsic, but a good overview without exploding your brain.)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 06:24:23 am »

Carefully examine the area for enemies

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 07:12:03 am »

Wait for the team to advance before following them from a good distance behind them. I don't want to ruin their stealthiness. Plus, the more distance I have the better I can shoot. Keep an eye out for enemies though. Just because I'm in the back doesn't mean I can't be ambushed.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 10:36:43 am »

No. I'm merely interested in the "else knowledge" skill since it should in theory help with finding weakpoints and secrets, and fit's mallo's character development up to this point. This was also why i was asking if skills could be "leveled up" since chances are he wouldnt be able to use elsic items very well, only identify and warn the others of their hazards.

mallo figured that they could slowly drive it down the road with the headlights off to avoid being detected as easily, which would give them closer access to the van if they needed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6