Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.  (Read 10681 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Get everybody and the stuff together
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »

Hopefully you can tell what I hope the next turn's title will be. :3

Looks like we have an Advanced Medkit for Erin plus 1 Mony. Sheets edited as such.
Either Leng can spend that extra 1 Mony on something else, or syv can give up a smoke to buy a regular medkit as backup.

Hop out of the van and start walking down the road sneakysneaky like.

Carefully examine the area for enemies.

Wait for the team to advance before following them from a good distance behind them. I don't want to ruin their stealthiness. Plus, the more distance I have the better I can shoot. Keep an eye out for enemies though. Just because I'm in the back doesn't mean I can't be ambushed.

Without comment, Erin gets out of the van and readies her gear, preparing herself at the base of the road towards the manor for a bit of a walk. She also is actively shielding her eyes from the light, attempting to get them adjusted to the moonlight and remove the headlight-blindness.

My vote is that we go up the road on foot.

Mallo figured that they could slowly drive it down the road with the headlights off to avoid being detected as easily, which would give them closer access to the van if they needed it.

(Rough consensus seems to be going down the road on foot, stealthy folks first.)

Dan is the first to hop out of the van and into the cold rain. Calmly, he scans his surroundings. With a rifle at the ready.
[Intuition: 9]
He shines a flashlight around, checking the shadows around the van for hiding enemies. If there are any, he doesn't find them. Thankfully, his lack of locating enemies isn't immediately followed by a hail of gunfire from the trees, so it's probably fine.

While the "tall man" covers, Erin carefully inspects her gear, checking and double-checking that everything's in order. Cartridge in the chamber, boots tied, wind and rain in her face... All is right in the world.

Meeting no resistance out of the gate, the team begins to head down the road on foot, split into two groups. Synlocar and Mallo in front, with the other three following shortly behind. They walk for some time, the travel lengthened and blurred by their caution and the muddy road, which winds back and forth, ever downwards into the valley. The moonlight filtering down through the trees has an odd, otherworldly feel to it.
[Stealth: 11 and 10]
Synlocar is the first to jump, startled by the sight of sweeping lights ahead.
Was he... looking at the moon?
He freezes immediately, and Mallo follows his lead. They haven't been discovered yet, but the enemy is close, closer than their allies, and heading this way.

[Intuition: 11 and 12]
They can't make out the enemy very well, but there are about five lights sweeping around. They can hear a couple of women talking, loudly but calmly.

[Intuition: 11, 11, and 10]
Dan, Snippy, and Erin have not yet spotted the enemy.

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Vijiriwek: Get everybody and the stuff together
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 08:05:32 pm »

"If only our allies up ahead had some way to notify us about things they find. Some way to communicate from afar. No worries though, the sound of their guns and their dying screams will reach us just fine, should it come to that."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2020, 08:12:05 pm »

((Sadly, in this setting such a feat could only be accomplished by putting an eldritch creature in a bottle, so naturally nobody has ever done or tried it.
Okay, maybe radios work with batteries.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:39 pm »

Look for a pattern in the sweeping lights and try to quietly flank to the side they are checking the least. If they spot any of us, rush One of them and slash at them with my machete.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 08:19:15 pm »

Having not noticed anything, I continue to do what I was previously doing until I have a reason to.. you know... not.

Put the final moni into a...
wait, the fire axe is good at parrying? how? the balance is all wrong... whatever.
Fire axe I suppose. seems like a decent backup meele weapon.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:54:54 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 08:39:17 pm »

Continue down the road, still being careful for enemies

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 01:24:45 am »

Just keep walking. Just keep walking. Just keep walking walking walking... Unless I notice any enemies or that the allies we've been following have disappeared, in which case stop and set up, searching for targets.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Okay 3, 2, 1
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2020, 08:10:58 am »

Sneak closer.  Then hunker down.  If spotted, either hunker if at med range, or charge closer and fire three semiauto shots.  All aimed at enemy heads, unless they're already in cover.
Continue down the road, still being careful for enemies
Just keep walking. Just keep walking. Just keep walking walking walking... Unless I notice any enemies or that the allies we've been following have disappeared, in which case stop and set up, searching for targets.
Having not noticed anything, I continue to do what I was previously doing until I have a reason to.. you know... not.

Put the final moni into a...
wait, the fire axe is good at parrying? how? the balance is all wrong... whatever.
Fire axe I suppose. seems like a decent backup melee weapon.
Look for a pattern in the sweeping lights and try to quietly flank to the side they are checking the least. If they spot any of us, rush One of them and slash at them with my machete.

[Stealth: 13 and 11]
Synlocar and Mallo quickly move off of the road and take cover in the trees. Watching the patrol as it approaches. They now see there are four figures. Three of them holding flashlights, and the fourth is wearing a flashlight on its chest, and holding a rifle.

This last one stops in its tracks and turns to shine its light into the woods. A muffled woman's voice says "Stay here, I think I saw something move."

[Luck: 12, 13, and 9]
Dan, Snippy, and Erin spot a group of four lights a moderate distance ahead. There's no sign on their comrades.
[Intuition: 15, 10, and 15]
Dan and Erin spot that one of the four people ahead is carrying a rifle. The other three lights are unsteady and wave around carelessly, but that one is stable. It also seems to be distracted by something, for the moment.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Okay 3, 2, 1
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2020, 09:31:10 am »

Motion to the others that I see movement, ready my sniper,  and aim a shot at the carotid artery of the man holding the rifle

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2020, 10:19:08 am »

(Not that it really matters in terms of mechanics for this game, but specifically aiming for the carotid artery at this range, in the dark, with limited visibility seems pretty ambitous. :P )

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2020, 10:27:18 am »

(Dan is an ambitious man)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2020, 11:42:35 am »

Conceal myself and wait for the inevitable distraction caused by my comrades, then rush the one with the rifle.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2020, 12:17:40 pm »

"I'd propose we leave one of them alive so we can torture them for information, but I don't think our friends' bloodlust will let them live that long."

Take cover. Wait for the advanced team to start shooting. Then arm-shot the gun arm of anyone the advanced team misses in their opening salvo, the idea being that they won't be able to shoot or use the radio with their arm blown off.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 12:19:13 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6