Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.  (Read 10576 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Zolv Ashian Last, Beyond Eat Your Heart
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2020, 10:55:57 am »

Mm. Because I didn't mention for some reason, there's also a smoke grenade that the ranger was carrying.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2020, 11:30:11 am »

After receiving treatment, take the surgical mask, Brisk, Mk.9, a knife, and the smoke grenade.  If anyone else claims any of these and there's no replacement, let them have it.

Move on towards the house if treatment is successful and I have enough time in the turn.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2020, 06:40:07 pm »

Follow along.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:42:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2020, 04:59:51 pm »

Next update might be a while because the world is on fire and I'm not emotionally equipped to deal with it I'll be busy. Soooooooorry! If it's sunday where you are and I haven't made a post after this one, please pester me about it!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Halcheal Ardta! Death to tyrants!
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2020, 01:13:59 pm »

After receiving treatment, take the surgical mask, Brisk, Mk.9, a knife, and the smoke grenade.  If anyone else claims any of these and there's no replacement, let them have it.

Move on towards the house if treatment is successful and I have enough time in the turn.
Take one of the knives
Follow along.
Tend to our shotgunner's knife wound.

"Kill first, then loot."
Forward. Scout the mansion out for various breach points.

[Medical: 10]
[The narrator doesn't know shit about first aid or medical practices in general. This roll is technically a failure, but in a low-pressure context that just means it takes a little longer with no other ill-effect. The stab wound has been adequately tended to.] [+1 Health]
[Also, Synlocar can't carry both the Brisk and Mk.9, so he leaves the Mk.9 behind. All other looting is successful.]

Only a short distance remains to the house. The team emerges into a small clearing occupied by a couple vehicles and the building itself, which seems like it may have seen better days. Or maybe it was always like this, mouldering and obscure in the woods. Orange flickering light streams from several windows.

More urgently, it seems that the team's presence was anticipated. Four enemies take cover behind the vehicles or around corners of the mansion, while another three take aim from a second-floor balcony.

Alpaca Starter [Leader]: A quite distinctive-looking woman with grey hair takes cover behind a truck. She's armed only with a revolver.
Haver Just [Acolyte]: Another woman in a hooded robe and decorative mask stays close to the leader. Oddly, her sword remains in its scabbard, the only thing in her hands is an old book.
Exotic Rave, Hint Doer [Chitter Scrubs]: Two young women with short red and brown hair take cover near the front door, holding pistols. Like the others you saw before, they wear face masks and gloves. They seem twitchy.

Entire Wave [Ranger]: Another soldier with a scoped rifle, gas mask, and helmet. His movements are trained, but his hands are shaking.
Cross Between, Enter Expo [Pistol Scrubs]: A man and a woman wearing masks identical to the two below aim their pistols down at you with considerably less trained motions.

[Agility: 11, 9, 14, 12, 15]
[Agility: 19, 10, 6, 6, 8, 7, 9]

[Persuasion: 11]
Alpaca Starter shouts "Halcheal Ardta! Death to tyrants!" and her followers chant back "Halcheal Ardta!"
[Else Summoning: 15]
She draws a dark blade and slowly, carefully rakes it across the air. The result is not exactly a visual phenomonon, but more of a grating, physical feeling that a hole has been made, and something has begun to flood through in ample quantities.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Halcheal Ardta! Death to tyrants!
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2020, 02:33:00 pm »

Maintaining my cover, fire Semiauto into the cult leader until it stops making noises. secondary target if it drops fast will be the nutter with a book. tertiary target if both of the above go down will be the person with a scoped rifle.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:09:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2020, 03:47:30 pm »

"Halcheal Ardta, keych?  Eheheh, vargon tse Llyud..."

Toss smoke, take cover.  If the rifleman, cultist, or cult leader isn't yet dead, fire the Brisk at them semiauto, prioritizing them in that order.  If all three are dead, then overwatch and headshot the first idiot to leave cover and charge us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2020, 04:59:41 pm »

Mallo isn't stupid. Theres more to it than the cult leader, and he needs to stay out of the line of fire. He rushes forward and tries to grab and take hostage Haver Just, putting the Machete's edge in position to slice her neck open if she tried to slip away or reach for her sword. They weren't likely to shoot one of their own, and if they tried to shoot him they risked harming Haver in the process. Besides, the body shield made it less likely that anyone except the ranger would be able to injure him directly.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:02:44 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2020, 09:07:47 am »

Jump into a bush and try to take as many enemies down as I can with my sniper

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2020, 11:03:18 am »

If I'm at close range, then use spear flurry to point attack the heads of three enemies, preferably ones nobody else is shooting at. EDIT: Wait, does flurry three cost 8 stamina or 12? I mean, does it count the first attack or not? If it's 12 that would leave me incapacitated, so in that case just go for flurry 2.
If I'm at med/far range, then sniper point headshot someone, preferably someone further away that would be more difficult for the team to kill at this range. If all are in the same range, then go for the ones the team isn't shooting, preferably the ranger or acolyte.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 11:13:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Ashta Martia. Fates guide me.
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2020, 12:32:39 am »

"Halcheal Ardta, keych?  Eheheh, vargon tse Llyud..."

Toss smoke, take cover.  If the rifleman, cultist, or cult leader isn't yet dead, fire the Brisk at them semiauto, prioritizing them in that order.  If all three are dead, then overwatch and headshot the first idiot to leave cover and charge us.
Jump into a bush and try to take as many enemies down as I can with my sniper
If I'm at close range, then use spear flurry to point attack the heads of three enemies, preferably ones nobody else is shooting at. EDIT: Wait, does flurry three cost 8 stamina or 12? I mean, does it count the first attack or not? If it's 12 that would leave me incapacitated, so in that case just go for flurry 2.
If I'm at med/far range, then sniper point headshot someone, preferably someone further away that would be more difficult for the team to kill at this range. If all are in the same range, then go for the ones the team isn't shooting, preferably the ranger or acolyte.

Maintaining my cover, fire Semiauto into the cult leader until it stops making noises. secondary target if it drops fast will be the nutter with a book. tertiary target if both of the above go down will be the person with a scoped rifle.
Mallo isn't stupid. Theres more to it than the cult leader, and he needs to stay out of the line of fire. He rushes forward and tries to grab and take hostage Haver Just, putting the Machete's edge in position to slice her neck open if she tried to slip away or reach for her sword. They weren't likely to shoot one of their own, and if they tried to shoot him they risked harming Haver in the process. Besides, the body shield made it less likely that anyone except the ranger would be able to injure him directly.

[Control: 11] (Roll to parry)
[CQC: 11] (Target number to hit increased by successful parry)

Before any of the gun-wielding enemies can draw a bead on him, Mallo dashes across open ground, slides over the vehicle Haver Just is using for cover, and attempts to enact a grapple. A moment later, the Acolyte is holding her sword, and Mallo's arm is bleeding with a shallow cut. Haver grunts in annoyance, her tome now snapped shut.
[-1 Health]
At the least, Mallo Brekson thinks, she won't be able to do anything with that tome with only one hand free. Finding the Right page with her attention split by fighting would be difficult.

[Marksmanship: 16]

Snippy takes cover behind a thick tree, takes a quick peek out, and then aims his rifle at the least accessible and most dangerous enemy: the Ranger.
[Bravery: 13 and 12]
The two pistoleers are oddly unphased by the detonation of blood and teeth surrounding them. One might think that they didn't notice at all, if not for the fact that everyone present now has ringing ears and that the air has taken on a slightly redder tint.

[Control: 12]
[Marksmanship: 12 and 13 and 12]

Two rounds into the chest and Alpaca Starter collapses, falling out of sight behind the vehicle.
Another is directed to Haver Just, but the book-holder stays standing, fixed on Mallo.

[Marksmanship: 13]
[Control: 11]

The awful gremlin Synlocar grabs his looted rifle from his shoulder and aims down the iron sights below the scope, firing twice at Haver. The first round shatters against her armor with a heavy impact, while the jolt causes the second shot to go high, splintering the wood of the house.

"Ashta martia!"

[Control: 12]
[CQC: 17]

Mallo sees the strike coming and moves to block with his machete, but is surprised by the Acolyte's ferocity. The sheer force of her strike knocks his blade away and scores a deep cut through his chest.

[Marksmanship: 18]
[Control: 6]
[Marksmanship: 8]

Nestled safely in a bush, Dan fires a shot at one of two lower pistol-carriers, Hint Doer. Despite the blood streaming from the wound, she remains standing. In fact, she seems to become even more active and jittery.

Meanwhile, one of the pistoleers on the upper level screams something incomprehensible and fires a stream of shots harmlessly into the tree that Synlocar is hiding behind.

Cross Between, the other Scrub up on the ledge, seems to draw back and wait a split second. She erupts in fire at the same time as the two Chitter Scrubs below.

[Control: 12, 14, 7]
[Marksmanship: 10, 10, 10]
[Bravery: 17, 5]

All this gunfire fails to accomplish anything concrete other than kicking up dirt, but Snippy grits his teeth and lets out a whine, somehow intimidated and disoriented by 16 bullets smacking into his cover.

[E͇͍̝̥L͓͉S̴͎͔̹ͅE̯͇̦̹̣: 3]

The... something hovering over the battlefield enters a low spin, sending invisible fibers whirling out of it in a spiral. They reach out and latch onto the minds of those present, drawing them... drawing them.

[Vitality: 11]

Alpaca Starter choughs up blood. Out of sight of everyone else, only Mallo can hear her whisper.
"Alchea, Haver."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Ashta Martia. Fates guide me.
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2020, 04:40:32 am »

Semiauto headshot the armored bookbearer. Secondary targets are wounded but active enemies. Tertiary are any enemies left prioritizing the easiest to hit.

for clarification - I am not attempting point shots against unarmored targets. only attempting headshots vs Haver Just.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:54:38 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2020, 05:04:42 am »

"Are you certain you know how to kill people? You are supposed to shoot them in the head. Like this!"
Keep making heads pop. Next one is Haver Just. If she dies or is otherwise dealt with, then the most non-wounded of the other enemies loses their head. If resolve goes to 0 refill it with stamina.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2020, 06:56:33 pm »

Hello! I know that I've been slow, I hope people haven't wandered off. Updates in combat don't have to be full rounds, but I need at least Dustan to post, because he's up next.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2020, 10:06:02 pm »

Sorry for not responding life got busy and I didn't see this update.
Mallo, now worried that he is in the open, disarmed and heavily wounded, tries to retrieve his weapon and head for the cover of the mansion, where the two gunners on the balcony could not strike him.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6