Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.04] Earthling Fortress civ mod [1.3]  (Read 3281 times)

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[47.04] Earthling Fortress civ mod [1.3]
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:55:42 pm »

Link to the raws: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15093

This mod add a new civ and a new race for the Fortress Mod: the earthlings.
They're short-lived small humanoids, half the size of a dwarf and they live exclusively underground. They're fond of crafting and artwork. They rely on the inorganic servants they create to do the manual work.

Features:
- A race of small and short-lived creature that doesn't like sunlight
- Start the game in the first cavern layer instead of aboveground
- Tireless inorganic servants
- Cave animals
- Grow your own wood and stone
- New positions
- New buildings
- New reactions : rock furnitures and tools, gargoyles crafting, golem and elemental calling, rock weapon and armor crafting (as strong as copper gear), craft explosive bolts, poison ammo
- Make wool from boulder
- Enslave yours enemies
- Or just eat them

Tips:
- Embark in an area with clay and sand available, because you need both for creature summoning
- Buy some gargoyles and some rockshroom/woodshroom seeds at the embark screen
- Gargoyle units have bonus in their caste, Stone is a good miner and Clay is a good farmer
- Gargoyles can't heal by themselves, they need earthlings to take care of them
- Earthlings can't stay too long aboveground, they suffer from the sun
- Don't use the manager to summon units, it may make DF crashes

Requiert DF 0.47.04, DFhack 0.47.04-r3 and the common fix/plugins/scripts, or just LNP 0.47.04-r08. (or above)
Should be compatible with other mods as long as the base files are not heavily modified.

How to enslave sentient units:
Cage or chain a hostile unit, and after a while, they'll join you. The time to wait depends of the willpower stat of the creature. It ranges from weeks to months. You can uncage/unchain it when it's done.
It includes: invaders (elves, goblins, ...), animal people, fanciful people, cave people (olm men, trolls, ...)
It doesn't include: megabeast and semi megabeast, undead, werebeast, important actors like diplomats or merchants, individuals from their own race or civ.
These units are marked as tamed and work like usual citizen.

Changelog:

1.3:
You now embark in the first cavern layer instead of aboveground. You still need to dig a hole to the surface for the migrants and the merchants.
Did a script to fix a bug where creatures with the NOEXERT tag enlisted in a squad can't train their melee skills because they're too tired (gargoyles and also vanilla necromancer)
New mechanic: the ability to enslave sentient units and to integrate them into your civ.
To do so: Cage or chain a hostile unit, and after a while, they'll join you. The time to wait depends of the willpower stat of the creature. It ranges from weeks to months. You can uncage/unchain it when it's done.
It includes: invaders (elves, goblins, ...), animal people, fanciful people, cave people (olm men, trolls, ...)
It doesn't include: megabeast and semi megabeast, undead, werebeast, important actors like diplomats or merchants, individuals from their own race or civ.
Changed some building, reaction and profession names.
Tweaked some tags, personalities and skills on the creatures.
The size of the earthlings and gargoyles are set to 65k, so they can wear and produce human-sized and dwarf-sized clothes.
The effective size of the earthlings is still 30k, a little more than kobold.
Removed the emotional shock when they happen to be touched by the sunlight, they just have a stress and anxiety malus now.
Gave multiple bonus skill rates (instead of just one) to each caste of gargoyles, to make them more useful. Also removed their natural skills to fix the bug where a newly borned creature with natural skills don't do the labor.
Nerfed the earth elemental. They're not anymore unkillable, but they have new strong powers.
New creature: the earth golem. It's a big gabbro man.
Tweaked some tag and positions in the entity.
Allowed battle axe to the civ, because there is a lot of trees in the caverns, and it's a waste to not use it...
Added spear, blowgun and throwing knives
Removed scimitar
Changed some clothes.
The entity shouldn't invade the entire world anymore, the population is greatly reduced and will settle only in cave, mountain, rocky and flat region.
New reactions at the Alchemist Workshop: paralyzing poison on ammo
I changed the way to use rockwool. You make threads out of a boulder and then weave them into clothes. Reduced the general production output.
New items: gargoyle core, elemental core, golem core. These items are needed to summon a creature.
Bolts created at the Alchimist Workshop, rock weapons and rock armors are now considered metal items, for easy usage purposes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 07:54:21 am by dremk »

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Earthling fortress civ mod
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 01:29:50 pm »

It doesn't appear that gargoyles can mine. Haven't checked if they can chop wood yet.

What do the various noble positions do? Earth caller? etc

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:39:24 am »

It doesn't appear that gargoyles can mine. Haven't checked if they can chop wood yet.

What do the various noble positions do? Earth caller? etc

I just tried. Gargoyles bought at the embark can mine and chop wood. Gargoyles built from the workshop can mine and chop wood.
How do you manage labors? Sometimes, an unit won't do a job when it spawns with this job activated and you have to turn it off and turn it on again. It also happens with dwarves.

For the positions, I included all the new responsabilities which were added in the last version. According to the wiki, or they're useless, or we don't know what they mean for most of them.
Lord is basically the mayor of the site
Earthspeaker is the priest, with the religion, social and animals management responsabilities
Treasurer is a bookkeeper and a trader
Manager is the manager, with health management responsability added
Architect has all the new responsabilities related to buildings, I believe it's not used at the moment
Slaves have all the new responsabilities related to serving the nobles, I believe these ones are also not used at the moment
Captain of the guard is the same as in vanilla
Strategist is the noble managing the military life of the site. You need one to be able to appoint Sergeants and to create new squads.
Sergeants are the militia captain

Some positions are restricted to some races.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 05:40:59 am by dremk »

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 05:42:33 am »

I posted a new version (1.2).
The cave adaptation effects are now weaker.

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 05:02:35 pm »

I didn't try turning their labors off and on again, but none of them with the auto-assigned labors for mining or woodcutting were doing it. I'll give it a shot if I play your mod again.

Glad to see you reduced the above-ground problems. When I first embarked it took quite some time waiting for the earthlings to calm down before they would dig.

Your download link seems to be broken.

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Earthling Fortress civ mod [1.3]
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 07:54:03 am »

1.3 changelog:

You now embark in the first cavern layer instead of aboveground. You still need to dig a hole to the surface for the migrants and the merchants.
Did a script to fix a bug where creatures with the NOEXERT tag enlisted in a squad can't train their melee skills because they're too tired (gargoyles and also vanilla necromancer)
New mechanic: the ability to enslave sentient units and to integrate them into your civ.
To do so: Cage or chain a hostile unit, and after a while, they'll join you. The time to wait depends of the willpower stat of the creature. It ranges from weeks to months. You can uncage/unchain it when it's done.
Changed some building, reaction and profession names.
Tweaked some tags, personalities and skills on the creatures.
The size of the earthlings and gargoyles are set to 65k, so they can wear and produce human-sized and dwarf-sized clothes.
The effective size of the earthlings is still 30k, a little more than kobold.
Removed the emotional shock when they happen to be touched by the sunlight, they just have a stress and anxiety malus now.
Gave multiple bonus skill rates (instead of just one) to each caste of gargoyles, to make them more useful. Also removed their natural skills to fix the bug where a newly borned creature with natural skills don't do the labor.
Nerfed the earth elemental. They're not anymore unkillable, but they have new strong powers.
New creature: the earth golem. It's a big gabbro man.
Tweaked some tag and positions in the entity.
Allowed battle axe to the civ, because there is a lot of trees in the caverns, and it's a waste to not use it...
Added spear, blowgun and throwing knives
Removed scimitar
Changed some clothes.
The entity shouldn't invade the entire world anymore, the population is greatly reduced and will settle only in cave, mountain, rocky and flat region.
New reactions at the Alchemist Workshop: paralyzing poison on ammo
I changed the way to use rockwool. You make threads out of a boulder and then weave them into clothes. Reduced the general production output.
New items: gargoyle core, elemental core, golem core. These items are needed to summon a creature.
Bolts created at the Alchimist Workshop, rock weapons and rock armors are now considered metal items, for easy usage purposes.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 12:26:42 am »

Enslaving and sentients butchering? I love this mod! Or features of this mod. Can you make new mod with me together? I have ideas, but don;t know how code DFhack.

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 05:20:35 am »

Enslaving and sentients butchering? I love this mod! Or features of this mod. Can you make new mod with me together? I have ideas, but don;t know how code DFhack.

Sure

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 09:34:11 am »

Sure
So, will we talk about ideas in forum thread or in PM?

dremk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 10:40:33 am »

Sure
So, will we talk about ideas in forum thread or in PM?

PM me

Stokeling9701

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 05:08:58 am »

trying to start a military squad crashes the game.