Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I make a world where the circus arrives during world gen?  (Read 825 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile

Since the circus coming to town in dwarf mode doesn't do anything special, how do I invite the circus to come to my world during world gen?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make a world where the circus arrives during world gen?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:50 pm »

Let it run long enough and dwarven forts will occasionally be taken over by demons, turning them into goblin civs.

AFAIK this isn't super different than regular goblin civilizations, unfortunately. If you go to the fort in adventure mode, then they won't appear to have actually Dug Too Deep.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:37 pm »

Let it run long enough and dwarven forts will occasionally be taken over by demons, turning them into goblin civs.

AFAIK this isn't super different than regular goblin civilizations, unfortunately. If you go to the fort in adventure mode, then they won't appear to have actually Dug Too Deep.
Not super different. But the 50-60 resident clowns that often turn up make it a bit more Fun.

Almost every world has at least one breakthrough. Generally not more than two though.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:09 pm »

Still havent managed to make a world where they arrive, even after running dwarf only worlds for 5000 years, this is annoying.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 09:16:30 pm »

Still havent managed to make a world where they arrive, even after running dwarf only worlds for 5000 years, this is annoying.
That's not at all likely if you're running the latest vanilla version of the game (the feature was introduced in 47.01). I've never had a world in which at least one new goblin civ wasn't formed through a circus breakthrough.

Are you sure you're checking in the right place? Open Legends Mode, press p. Then open the file "xyz-world_history.txt" (xyz being the name of your save "region1-5000-01-01" probably).

Scroll to the bottom. If there's a gobbo civ there whose first leader began their reign in any year other than 0 (or -1), that's your breakthrough civ. Now you can browse Legends and find out all about the destruction they caused and where the clowns are hanging out these days.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:33:55 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 06:49:17 pm »

I think the issue is with generating only one type of clown, It seems that not having any intelligent species of demon causes a horde of goblins to appear, and not any clowns, so thats lame.

Obsidian 1053

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 07:18:14 pm »

I think the issue is with generating only one type of clown, It seems that not having any intelligent species of demon causes a horde of goblins to appear, and not any clowns, so thats lame.
They always have a leader. What does Legends mode actually say? A goblin lead a bunch of goblins from the Circus? Doubt that.

And what are you modding to remove demons from the game? I mean, yeah, if there's no demons in your mod, there's no demons. Make a less lame mod I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:19:53 pm by Shonai_Dweller »