Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 0.43.05 keeps crashing  (Read 825 times)

Wicked

• Bay Watcher
  • The older I get, the better I was.
    • View Profile
DF 0.43.05 keeps crashing
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:39:01 am »

And when I say crashing, I don't mean it hangs, I mean it instantaneously disappears like it was never loaded, usually, or maybe always, after I ESC from some menu.
I know I should put in a bug report, and I will it it happens much more, but I just thought to ask if this is unusual. I don't remember my previous version.0.43.05 doing this. and an wondering about returning to it.
Thanks
If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilisation

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DF 0.43.05 keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:55:47 am »

Version 0.43.05 was released over 4 years ago (July 5, 2016) and was obsoleted just under 3 years ago (bu 0.44.01); the latest version is 0.47.04 (released about 7 months ago) and is the only version for which you should be reporting bugs on the tracker.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Wicked

• Bay Watcher
  • The older I get, the better I was.
    • View Profile
Re: DF 0.43.05 keeps crashing
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 03:02:08 am »

Whoops, I meant 0.47.04.06 keeps crashing. I shouldn't post here when I am tired. Sorry
If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilisation