Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Necromancer acquired powers  (Read 1568 times)

MonochromeGoose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Question about Necromancer acquired powers
« on: May 26, 2020, 07:12:39 pm »

I recently tried out necromancy for the first time, but when I went into acquired powers I unexpectedly got two options: "Animate corpse" and "Raise wasting butcher". "Animate corpse" works normally, being on the wiki, however I can't for the life of me understand what "Raise wasting butcher" is or where is comes from.

When I activate the ability I can select corpses to animate just like "Animate corpse", but in doing so it raises an undead that is not my companion, who either attacks me (sometimes vanishing) or stands still and does nothing. I can't find any mention of an ability like this on the wiki (or anywhere else for that matter), so I'm just wondering if this is a new addition or some ability I was previously unaware of. Thanks.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Necromancer acquired powers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 09:50:10 pm »

New to 0.47.0x with generated names - https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Experiment
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

MonochromeGoose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 10:01:03 pm »

Ahh, thank you.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:13:38 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?