Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Betrayer War IC  (Read 14179 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: The Betrayer War IC
« on: May 30, 2020, 11:41:18 am »

~Fire Emblem on Forums: The Betrayer War~

18th of Bloombud.

King Jung Arya sat upon his throne in the audience chamber of Castle Fonal, explaining the circumstances around the nation. The administrators of Multiple large cities and the regions surrounding them had, for some time, been raising concerns about Jung's transition into power. Less than a month ago, Arya, the internationally celebrated Hero King, and Jung's father, had passed away. Shortly after, the quiet grumbling changed to an uproar of demands and accusations of incompetence and outright malice. "...In short, there are major sections of the Kingdom that are now openly rebelling against my rule. I had hoped to reason with those administrating them, but my messages have been refused, and their demands reiterated." The King looked exhausted, but was wearing his full armor and two swords. Alwine and Berseria could recognize one of them- The Holy Sword, Cyridon. "I would prefer to avoid a military conflict. But with the situation with Dubria being what it is, we cannot afford to project weakness by sitting as a nation divided."

Jung gripped at the armrests of the throne, then sighed, his posture slumping. "I have no choice. We will depart momentarily to force the rebels to submit. If they will not yield to us, we will strike them down." Jung stood up, and moved to stand in front of his assembled warriors. "We depart for Valciso immediately. Gather your equipment. The seven of you will accompany me personally, and we will act as a primary strikeforce. Once the Castor family surrenders, we will head south to our next destination."

A voice called out from a far side of the chamber. "It's good to see that you're taking a stand. Are you sure you want to take so few soldiers though?"

"Viara. I didn't call for you."

The King's sister shrugged. "You didn't. But I wanted to see who you'd chosen to take with you."

Jung gestured to the assembled group. "If I take too many sword arms with me, it could send the wrong message. I don't think the people of Valciso or the other rebelling regions bear me ill will personally. That could change if I march an entire company up to them. I've also readied several platoons, in case a military occupation at any site becomes necessary."

Viara folded her arms over her chest. "I guess you've thought it over pretty hard. You're even taking Cyridon. I thought you didn't like it?"

"Sister, please."

Viara held up her hands in a gesture of surrender. "Alright, alright. I'll let you get on your way. I'll keep an eye on the Queen while you're gone."

"You have my thanks, Viara."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Betrayer War IC
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 12:11:13 pm »

At the news of their mission, Valter clenches his fists in thinly-suppressed anger. He'd sat scarcely three month's time on the throne and the people already accused their new King of incompetence? Such ignorance and disrespect! But he calms himself quickly; anger clouds judgement. They would need all of their wits about them if they were to solve the problem at hand. Valter turns to the King:

”If the rebels do not submit to their rightful ruler, our reprisal shall be swift and decisive. Your royal guard and loyal companions will not let you down, my King." he says, and clenches his fist again, now in confidence.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 12:14:36 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 12:31:15 pm »

Ferry took in the news in relative silence, her eyes flitting from the king to his sister to the others in the group. Considering, counting. She seemed satisfied by the time the king finished speaking.

"Valciso," she finally said, affording the word a longer pause than strictly needed. "Somehow I'm not surprised."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 01:15:57 pm »

The King has spoken. The lonesomeness of the library did not bar Edgar away from receiving words from events manifesting outside of Fonal, and the general unrest has been felt. On one hand, the ongoing tensions have done their toll on the populace, and the King... well, he wasn't a dragon slayer that freed humanity. Jung will always be in the shadow of his father's pedestal for the rest of history. That much Edgar can predict, because even after the fall of a dragon tyrant, despite praising the gained freedom, people are still drawn towards individuals of large power. Power Jung can only claim by wielding his father's armament, the blade that is claimed to be the legendary Cyridon.

Edgar has listened to the King with closed eyes. Now that the briefing is finished, he opens his eyes.

"For humans to rise against their own kind so shortly after we escaped the iron grip of a scale-bearing claw..."
"Your Majesty. I am ready to be burdened with the torch of wisdom, so that its light may reach the rebels. They shall be taught their lesson peacefully, and by doing that, we shall send a strong message to Dubria that we remain stalward in the face of crisis."

He takes his glasses and checks them for any major scratch or specks of dirt.

"Personally, my faith in our success is so great, I'm more worried about my parchments surviving the salty seaside breeze."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:27:04 pm »

"And I'll be here to make sure everyone gets back home for dinner." She tapped the end of her staff on the ground for emphasis. "It's good to be campaigning again. I don't know how you've survived your library all these years, Edgar."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 01:32:21 pm »

While most seem to think it simple, Berseria herself thinks that if they truly wish to fight, it will not go so smoothly. Hopefully the King does not let sentiment get in the way of survival. Still, there are a number of faces she can trust here at least with the King's livelihood. Though Venier will need watching.

"It is my hope that this can all be resolved smoothly, though if past events are any indication..."

"Well, we'll have to see how far it goes, yes?"

"In any case it is good to have you with us to help out Alwine. Your exploits, experience, and dedication will serve us well."

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:14:46 pm by TricMagic »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 01:46:29 pm »

Edgar puts on his glasses again.

"How truly blessed we are for your presence, Alwine. I only expect smooth travels when you accompany us."
"And, well, sorting all these books and transcribing aging folios into more sturdy tomes is a battlefront in and of itself. I am practically the front medic of written knowledge. We already lost enough wisdom through the scattered oral tradition from the past ages... I only hope my student will be up for the task in my absence."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 02:09:08 pm »

Alright Belros, keep it cool, you're only just in front of the king and been appointed to guard him. To be honest, Belros didn't really care for politics that much, though it was hard to miss the death of their last king. Though he never expected the other regions to get so uptight right after, nor did he really care until it started affecting him so he'll refrain from commenting. But hoo boy, going off to subdue a whole bunch of rebels is definitively one way to start. Some of these folks even know each other, and many seem to at least know the name of that armored lady. What is she some top dog around these parts? Oh well, he'll learn in time.

"Valciso huh? Only really ventured out there once or twice but its quite a nice port."

"Though, I suppose we won't have much time to enjoy it. Not exactly coming in as tourists are we."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 02:46:05 pm »

"Nice in spite of its leadership."

"I can't call the Castors what I want to in front of the king," Ferry said, though her tone suggested that etiquette wouldn't really have stopped her.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 05:35:17 pm »

"A change of leadership may well be in order, if Samson Castor doesn't think better of his position on our arrival. But I suppose we shall see."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 05:38:34 pm »

"Ah, you're all going to make this old soldier blush. I'm just here to do what I can... and maybe snap up whatever glory there is to be won, hahah."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 01:29:18 am »

Sara's heart swelled in spite of herself. Yes, it was wrong of her to feel cheer at the sign of war. Yes, it would have been far better had the Castors seen reason from the start and not rebelled against their lord.

But every doubt and worry that Sara had ever had about her path faded away. She had heard and read a thousand stories of glory in the war against the dragon. Now she would have one-or many-of her own.

"The Castors won't know what hit them, my liege."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 08:11:02 am »

"Ah, the blaze of young hearts. Sometimes I forget that mine has turned into mere embers over the past three decades..."
"But that fervor is a good thing. Just remind yourselves that our primary goal is peace, not conflict. To end the rebellion is important, but ending it with Fonzian blood on Fonzian soil would be a victory in name only."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 08:30:26 am »

"Would have been nice if that had also applied in the past. The end goal is to keep Forenzia united, not splintered once more through war. Don't let the fevor blaze completely out of your control."

"Though it is good to see one so bright, I admit."

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 03:16:37 am »

"Of course. I'll be overjoyed if the Castors see reason and this ends with no bloodshed."

"But if they don't, then I will gladly follow our king to battle.""
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16