Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the wiki seems very slow to change  (Read 775 times)

Defensive kobra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
the wiki seems very slow to change
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:06:54 pm »

despite version 47.04 / the villains having been out for quite a while, and some articles being updated for the newest release, it still does not mention several core new features like necromancer experiments leading to completely new species, intelegent undead created by necromancers (dammed ones/ diseased thrall / whatever they are called) being a thing, being able to choose a background etc. I know the wiki is not official and it does not directly affect the game itself, i am just curious if anyone happens to know why this is the case?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: the wiki seems very slow to change
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:30:04 pm »

Latency among the wiki-editors, and difficulties in recruiting new ones. I personally think it has to do with the wiki being very hyped up, and wikipedia (the wiki most people first encounter) being very strict and intimidating.

There is currently a thread trying to weigh this out, by organizing what needs to be done. The new night creatures are on the list, of course. Everyone is free to join because ultimately, what we need is people.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 01:56:51 pm »

And it's worth noting that it was decided not to change the wiki pages named DF 2014 to DF 2020 or 0.47.XX but still update them under the DF 2014 moniker.  So you'll see info pertaining to 0.47.XX has been added to them even though this may be counter-intuitive to the user.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 04:43:46 pm »

4 months is not "quite a while" when it comes to a volunteer community niche wiki project. Those volunteers probably have jobs and maybe lives that limit the time they have to play the game. And playing the game is required to know the details of what has changed and what has been added. So ultimately, if you you want it updated faster - get to work.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.