Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Magma and its long way  (Read 8490 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma and its long way
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2020, 11:19:40 am »

There's some wonkiness with impulse ramps (at least in the past, and I don't think mine carts have been touched since then). I've had them fail to work at time when the area above the track was mined out (but with a floor in between), and ended up moving the track.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2020, 12:42:39 pm »

There's some wonkiness with impulse ramps

Impulse ramps are inherently wonky. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2020, 03:51:04 pm »

Kinda hard to troubleshoot the issues without diagrams or screenshots, but I'm thinking your minecart is colliding with the wall due having sideways motion from going up a L-corner track/ramp; the length would be enough for this.

I've yet to see what PL describes, though track/ramps are more complex than they appear at first glance. Might be worth checking with devel/watch-minecarts in the future to see what happens tick-by-tick.

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2020, 11:25:20 am »

Quote from: Fleeting Frames
Kinda hard to troubleshoot the issues without diagrams or screenshots, but I'm thinking your minecart is colliding with the wall due having sideways motion from going up a L-corner track/ramp; the length would be enough for this.

Well I had to stop my game very sudden. So wasn't able to touch on the problem. But this problem was fixed by now. Now I have a new one and I don't even know what I'm doing wrong...

So here is the setup:
The impulseramp elevator works fine and at the end I constructed a trackstop with Friction: Highest.
On the same tile I added a now stop in my hauling route for the magma minecarts with Guide east immediatly always.
I assigned a minecart.

The problem: Stop 2 still has a yellow exclamation mark next to him and the dwarf don't guide the Minecart from stop 2. They haul the minecart all the long way down to stop 1.

What am I doing wrong?

This is the stop near the surface. You can see the Trackstop

The hauling route:

And the Settings for Stop2 in the hauling route "Lavaexpress"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:08:51 pm by DerSchlund »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »

Something in stop 1 conditions, perchance. The dwarves don't think stop 1 did proper sendoff to stop 2, and thus think it should still be there.

Mind, I wouldn't use multiple stops here if I could get away with stockpiles on track/ramps, as those don't require you to assign carts to the stop.

For images, upload to image hosting site and then use the resulting .png/.jpg/etc. link between image tags.

i.e. [img]https://i.imgur.com/abcdefg.png[/img]

You may additionally use [spoiler] tags or [img width=800] to reduce image screenspace.

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2020, 04:12:14 pm »

Something in stop 1 conditions, perchance. The dwarves don't think stop 1 did proper sendoff to stop 2, and thus think it should still be there.

Hm. Cause of the impulse ramps, Stop 1 works as followed: Push south always immediately.

Thanks for the info with the picture. I edited my last post.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 07:16:56 pm »

Hm. ! means track isn't properly connected - in which case they'll carry the cart by hand. With just 2 stops, it might be the cart does arrive properly at stop 2, but your impulse elevator (like is typical for impulse elevators) doesn't have straight track-to-track path from stop 2 to stop 1. That would also cause observed behaviour.

Try making a stop 3 near/after stop 2 to see which is the case?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]