Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG  (Read 7981 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2020, 03:16:11 am »

"I fear that, despite our best efforts, the realm is falling into a dysfunctional state of decay.  Would you be interested in working with me to reverse that decline?  If so, I would be happy to help you at any time with any other matters related to your station."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2020, 04:16:56 am »

"I fear that, despite our best efforts, the realm is falling into a dysfunctional state of decay.  Would you be interested in working with me to reverse that decline?  If so, I would be happy to help you at any time with any other matters related to your station."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:43 pm »

+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2020, 03:02:55 pm »

+1
+1
Can I ask which post we find the state of decline?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2020, 03:07:33 pm »

Quote from: the first post
The realm is in anarchy not by war or plague, but by corruption and poor government. Taxes are witheld, vagabonds allowed access across borders and castles illegally built by usurper lords. These are not issues for the sword-arms of the Druzhina or the poisoned candles of the Khaffun. No, to prevent chaos one must bulwark against it with order. By the force of the stylus will the problems of the realm be quaffed and its prosperity assured.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »

Quote from: the first post
The realm is in anarchy not by war or plague, but by corruption and poor government. Taxes are witheld, vagabonds allowed access across borders and castles illegally built by usurper lords. These are not issues for the sword-arms of the Druzhina or the poisoned candles of the Khaffun. No, to prevent chaos one must bulwark against it with order. By the force of the stylus will the problems of the realm be quaffed and its prosperity assured.
Oh. Thanks.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2020, 01:05:03 am »

i think I see what you're saying, though.  That's the scenario, but there's no indication that our character is aware of that.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2020, 07:47:11 am »

i think I see what you're saying, though.  That's the scenario, but there's no indication that our character is aware of that.
Nor even an indication that our character is not, from an alternative point of view, part of the problem.
-----

We are here to schmooze, and thus better to cement our future position. It is my hope that this man knows of some low-hanging fruit that would earn us some esteem within our new rank. And if he sends us against some sort of office grudge instead, well, that's on him isn't it?

"*chuckle* Yes, yes, it surprised me too that such a thing traveled all the way to Costaba. Still, because of it we are here making acquaintance today and I am glad of it. I have recently been apprised of an advancement opportunity that may afford me the inestimable luxury of travel* and naturally I thought of the ITWFPMCR&PID. I would not dishonor your office by suggesting that even the smallest one-pigeon post is poorly maintained. Nevertheless it is the sad nature of human nature that certain persons are ill-suited to their responsibilities.

"I have yet to be informed in which direction my wind is blowing, but I am confident that my new friend Heinreic ibn Vazzal knows enough of the world to advise me carefully by which routes my letters home will travel pristinely or by which the keepsakes I send my family* would face unseemly delay."

*(He will understand what we mean.)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:49:36 am by mightymushroom »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2020, 07:54:21 am »

He might, but can you tell us what you mean by the asterisks? Since we are but voices in his head, and our conversation non bolded won’t reach Vazzal’s ears?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2020, 08:29:29 am »

Oh, they're allusions to being promoted to Inspector and possibly looking into corrupt postal officials. Without outright saying that we are an Inspector (... yet) or that if we were then we absolutely would investigate such a thing (... we serve at the pleasure of the Custodian). If he does suspect anyone of malfeasance, but lacks evidence himself, this is a chance to pass information without registering anything in official channels.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2020, 09:12:40 am »

Oh, they're allusions to being promoted to Inspector and possibly looking into corrupt postal officials. Without outright saying that we are an Inspector (... yet) or that if we were then we absolutely would investigate such a thing (... we serve at the pleasure of the Custodian). If he does suspect anyone of malfeasance, but lacks evidence himself, this is a chance to pass information without registering anything in official channels.
Ah, ok, thanks. I feel like each of those words would have been valid responses on their own and would have meant similar things

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2020, 02:30:16 pm »

Nor even an indication that our character is not, from an alternative point of view, part of the problem.
-----

We are here to schmooze, and thus better to cement our future position. It is my hope that this man knows of some low-hanging fruit that would earn us some esteem within our new rank. And if he sends us against some sort of office grudge instead, well, that's on him isn't it?

"*chuckle* Yes, yes, it surprised me too that such a thing traveled all the way to Costaba. Still, because of it we are here making acquaintance today and I am glad of it. I have recently been apprised of an advancement opportunity that may afford me the inestimable luxury of travel* and naturally I thought of the ITWFPMCR&PID. I would not dishonor your office by suggesting that even the smallest one-pigeon post is poorly maintained. Nevertheless it is the sad nature of human nature that certain persons are ill-suited to their responsibilities.

"I have yet to be informed in which direction my wind is blowing, but I am confident that my new friend Heinreic ibn Vazzal knows enough of the world to advise me carefully by which routes my letters home will travel pristinely or by which the keepsakes I send my family* would face unseemly delay."

+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2020, 02:34:56 pm »

-----

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2020, 03:31:04 am »

-----

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2020, 09:03:36 pm »

From the moment you mentioned 'making acqauintances', ibn Vazzal's eyes widen slightly but noticeably. As you speak, he considers your words, tone, pitch and facial movements and comes to a conclusion within his mind.

"So it is, so it is. The roads and streams are oft busy, oft busy indeed. Sometimes it is true, a letter or parcel gets delayed or lost. But, and I do truly mean it, family is the most important thing in the world! If one must be forced away from their home for business, then it would be prudent for such letters to arrive timely indeed. Of course, one must wonder, how would it ever be that decent messengers and schedules be secured..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9