Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How long before a replacement expedition leader is elected?  (Read 1163 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My expedition leader died over a year ago, and I'm getting impatient, as the lack of that position blocks petition management, as well as replacement for any others leaders that may die.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How long before a replacement expedition leader is elected?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:36:47 am »

It's instantaneous usually. You know your expedition leader is dead, because someone else is announced as being your new one. It's not a position like mayor which requires an election.
Did you send them off raiding and get them captured? That's the only way I've heard of to get stuck without one.

You'll want to report this.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How long before a replacement expedition leader is elected?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:46:11 am »

No, but it's a dead civ, which is a bug risk factor, but I wanted to check before making a bug report.

The expedition leader got killed by deadly evil rain and has been buried properly (died in hospital). If I recall correctly, my previous attempt in this world (the same civ and embark: this is a copy of the save from before embark) also lost the expedition leader and I had to go without an expedition leader and broker for at least two caravans before giving up because the attrition rate was too high for that fortress to survive.

I've modded the dorfs by removing mandates (not relevant for this world, but it was when playing live civs, and I've seen no reason to revert that change).

Edit: I've submitted a bug report and DFHacked in a new expedition leader, replaced it manually to get DF to fix any missing links, but no meetings were reported. However, saving and reloading has meetings appearing again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:53:31 am by PatrikLundell »