Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stellar Legions 4.0 P V E Arms race.  (Read 1462 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stellar Legions 4.0 P V E Arms race.
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:14 pm »

Hello, attempting Arms race again. This time no competing teams, and not going for three sides fighting over the galaxy. This time you folks just design gear, units, etc and try to keep the Empire from dying.

Way to Win: Defeat all the enemies that threaten you, for good.  (Easier said than done as default stating is 6, with some creation picks the number rises, and the maximum of Xeno threats is 120. As there are 6 categories and 20 examples. Then th 7th foe option are rebels, due to plot or if you do a bad job.)

Battles for the Humans will mostly be defensive with key planets presented during and after battle effects (To ease on there being a map.) Some of these scum do have their own planets (to find and defeat them is to remove them) With that said, rules.

Notice!: If you read through this and have any issues, your free to talk to your group of friends/playing enthusiasts and come up with your own terms to be enjoyable. Below are just a ton of examples.

Play: There are seven phases a turn.

First is troop development phase. Build up/hire/etc and place.

Second is design phase. Inventing for current phase. Your company archivist who has access to Imperial files can offer insight into a previous design. Though your boss may make suggestions sometimes.

Third: Revise anything on your gear or just made to work out the bugs.

Fourth is Tactics and gear process. Thinking up which tactics to employ along with said fire power equipped. Also building up troops via budget/resources.

Fifth is battle phase. Prayer and die rolls here as everything mash up.

Sixth is after math, the results and deciding what to do next. Like which companies to stock up on recruits and stuff. Can use resource points here to buy new units or gear that’s available. If one is using the pre-selected units table. To hire more. Otherwise ignore this step if Arms Race.

Seven: Ruler(s) Look over progress and get to make changes, including government stuff but that too can change, includes building wonders, accepting other religions/xenos/etc.

Then: Repeat until end. Humanity wins or fails.

Next: Government. This decides factors of ho wmany research dice, revision dice, troop numbers, and morale issues in your government.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After that (I will roll for plot of how this all starts.)

Techs: 30 tech at the start, to help decide what units and gear you start off with, as well as what is easier to research.

Wonders: Like in the Civ series, wonders, start with 5 unless certain government. They all have effects, to build up a new one you do not have takes 6 turns (And on phase 7 or group projects.)

That's it, when votes are in, will set things up and roll for what your facing.

Edit: If you pick the religious governments will grant access to the religions. WHich in turn have the "Cleric" option. (This setting is science fantasy, not hard sci fi. Hey it can be manly, just look at warhammer 40k)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:53:45 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Legions 4.0 P V E Arms race.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:34:38 am »

I'm here, lets kill all those evil aliens!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »

Hmm need at least 3 or so engineer/proposal people.

It should be noted starting tech depends on subject, kinetic, energy and etc nets you free examples.

Was thinking of a 6.0 where Human Imperoum and other players being select aliens. Issue is mapping.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 01:28:54 am »

So are we supposed to be voting on something right now? It doesn't look like we are, which is why I wasn't saying any thing?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 02:51:54 am »

I may just be stupid and not seeing it but......what are we suppost to be doing?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 07:47:20 pm »

The Spoiler tags.

Your to be clicking them open.

The first sets up your government ( what you can start with and how many research due you get.)

The second spoiler selection is pre set tech you would like to see unlocked first.

The third option is Civ style wonders of space world. Facilities that give huge bonuses. If you the players do not want this, I could always roll. In 3.0 I did pre roll dice versions of humanity. The irl players hated it as they loved their creative freedoms.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 10:48:34 pm »

I guess I will vote for...

Philosopher King
War Star, Celestial Forge, Philosopher Stone , Universal Records, Wonder Net

Are you suppose to choose your technology or does it get randomly rolled?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 11:21:38 pm »

Technology: Based on government you get choices.

Philosopher King: Get 1/2 choices. 15 out of 30 at the start and get 5 research dice and 3 revision/upgrade dice.

( Father/Mother gets all 30. But if get supernatural stuff, political backlash. And edges out PK in 4 upgrade due instead of 3, tie for 5) Yeah the mega Corp government has most research die (6) but not as much tech as PK or Father/Mother.

At least in my original notes, hope it stayed true in translation.

Cool picks though. Interesting selection to lead to things ( Inclyding the biggest freakken space ship for war. Also, the Forge you get infinite build for space ships, robots, and inorganic stuff.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 04:11:44 am »

I guess I will vote for...

Philosopher King
War Star, Celestial Forge, Philosopher Stone , Universal Records, Wonder Net
+1 That all sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 01:56:19 pm »

Alright I will wait for more votes, mainly now the technology votes. As that decides starting gear and such. Friday is dead line.

Already got the aliens down.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 11:39:09 am »

Well by Friday going. I rolled up technology already. It was, a weird result to say the least.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 01:34:30 pm »

Since no tech votes rolled and will reveal results.

1:Kinetic Guns
2:Artificial Gravity
3:Bio Technology
4:Nano technology
5:Battle spheres
6: Armed space stations
7: Coms/sensors
8: Phasing/ghost tech
9: Warp drive
10: Hyper drive
11: Gate drive
12: Jump Drive ( rolled a 20 on the dimensional horror list, now additional three enemies in that category.)
13: Artificial chemicals.
14: Freakken Energy Beams
15: Mecha:

Note: Can research the other 15 pre set tech, no roll result needed. Will post up tools tomorrow. Now the rest you got

Psi: Because you got bio tech you have access to psi powers. Pick 3 of 13 from below as starter branches.
Psychokinesis: Mental energy attacks.
Telekinesis: Move stuff with brain power
Metabolism: Controlling the flesh.
Telepathy: Mind to mind powers
Pyromancy: Burn stuff.
Cryomancy: Freeze stuff.
Atmokinesis: Weather power, wind cold and lightning.
Mechanokinesis: Controlling machinery.
Extra Sensory: Sense stuff out.
Travel: move faster.
Creation: Make stuff from
Seemingly thin air.
Theomancy: God mastery, altering flow of dimensional energy.

21 Magics:

1:Blade Magic: Weeaboo martial arts magic
2:Armor: Morph body armor to do awesome tricks.
3:Prana: Chi/martial art stuff.
4:Schools: D/D arcane, multiple schools and powers based on it.
5:Spheres: are write reality, powerful but back lash.
6:Pacts: D/D style making deals for magic casting.
7:Symbolism: Glyph, Rune, or Symbol.
8:Occult: Ritual stuff.
9:Gnosis: Shaman magic, bargaining with spirits and learning stuff, as opposed to selling yourself for power.
10:Elements: Dealing with element force directly. 5 fundamental elements and many advanced forms.
11:Warp: Dealing with three alternative dimensions.
12: Words of Power: Akin to Shouts like in Skyrim.
13: Mutation: Changing yourself on the spot to better suit survival.
14: Paths: Picking from one of 8 schools of thought ( can learn rest) each themed.
Chaos, Reason, Justice, Ambition, Freedom, Dominion, Dreaming, and Primal
15: Colors of Magic: Inspired by WHF. 16 colors. Pick 2. Get bonus latter/unlock casters.
Red, Green, Gold, Black, Purple, Grey, Blue, Brown, White, Copper, Emerald, Silver, Pink, Orange, Teal and Prism.
16: Reason: Super science that makes no sense, in reality it’s magic ( Genius Trangession style.)
17: Magic Tech: Can just build/research your own magic gear.
18: Geomancy: Magic based on battle field.
19: Blood: Bad magic ( In source) shifting and alter blood flow.
20: Elixirs: Magic potions that cause boosts based on theme of drink.
21: Sorcery: Born with magic talent, flaunt and flex magical muscles.

How turn will play out: Given units, 3 hot spots, assign tactics/units for each hot spot then research, then revision, then we just fight. Dice maybe earned if good stuff goes down, new research stuff

Then get to do a decree ( declare new church, start a new wonder build, or a second revision$@) and repeat. When you research enough of o e enemy, can research “ solution to - A” and from there new mission option in dealing with them, offense like.

Tomorrow starter units, including hero options, basic guns, and missions.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 04:13:01 pm »

Okay well will do starting tech and gear soon.

THe first missions will be posts of worlds in problem and repsond in kind.

THere will be a price factor for units and gear, but givne it is a galactic wide empire as budget it is not ore or bio or anything like that, do not feel like it.

Price is mainly on how many and what units are fielded to each combat zone.

To make this productive you guys can and should vote for this atleast.

Starting magics in.

Schools: Pick 2. Start off with 4 spells eahc school selected.

Abjuration:
Conjuration:
Divination:
Enchantment:
Evocation:
Illusion:
Necromancy:
Transmutation:

Spheres: Pick 1. Start off at level 3 out of 5. THese spells are really Arms Race in that can fuse them together and make up stuff.

Forces:
Source:
Life;
Matter:
Mind:
Soul:
Space:
Time:
Fate:
Death:
Entropy:
Power:
Reality:

Elements: pick 2. Each is themed, can do fusion elements and advanced elements, really arms race happy here.
Air:
Earth:
Fire:
Lightning:
Water:

Paths; Pick 1. Each Path has starer gear for said wizard and 10 spells and a summon creature, for elite heor choice. Sorta themed magic the gathering. A select and get stuff mystery box style.

Red: Chaos
Blue; Reason
White; Justice
Black: Ambition
Green: Primal
Gold; Freedom
Orange: Dreaming
Purple: Dominion.

Color: Pick 3. Eahc color has 20 pre set spells, so 3 Wizard types, each with spell combos.
Red; Fire
Gold; Metal
Green: Life
White; Light
Grey; Shadow
Blue; Storms/Weather
Brown: Beasts/Nature
Black: Space (Outer space)
Purple; Death
Teal: Mind
Pink: Wisdom
Orange; Power
Silver; Courage
Copper; Earth
Emerald; Magic
Prism: Chaos.

Have all Psi at start, just pick which to use. (Can research for said new powers with them)

It should be noted this is flavor, and everything can lead to research, and if want another one being a starter tech or magic source, costs one die, no roll needed. As a launch pad.

But to make brnad new stuff regards the roll. And no worries you guys cna think up brand new stuff of course. THat's ponit of a arms race game. (Unlike that one game where I got a whole dman researhc tree filled out.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 06:57:14 am »

Schools: Pick 2.
Necromancy:
Transmutation:

Spheres: Pick 1.
Entropy:

Elements: pick 2.
Fire:
Lightning:

Paths; Pick 1.
Red: Chaos

Color: Pick 3.
Purple; Death
Orange; Power
Prism: Chaos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 07:02:26 am »

Any more takers? Wednesday I am booting up next part. Starter gear, units and spells along with world situation and plot/fluff.
Pages: [1] 2