Option 3: Central Swamp (Normal)
- 1 (5.6%)
Option 4: Rocky Wasteland (Hardest)
- 8 (44.4%)
Option 5: Yellow Southern Desert (Hard)
- 4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update  (Read 13944 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Modded Hell II: Mini-Update
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:37:37 pm »

After all this time away from Dwarf Fortress, and with a new version of the game I haven't tried yet, I've decided to come back and make a new story. This fortress revolves around generally the same concept as the last fortress (Find as many mods as can be fit into the game, gum the whole thing up with 'personal edits', and then laugh as the whole thing catches on fire, literally), and will be treated largely as the last game was in terms of management, play style, and story. This time, however, Enemy Post was nice enough to compile the mods for me and did a better job than I realistically did the first time. And for the first time ever I have a nice folder of Read-Me's that actually tell me what the hell everything does and what things are going to make my koopas sleep until the end of time. I'm not going to read any of them of course, but they're there in case something becomes a little too much. I'm still confirming that everything works, and the lines are smeared as much as they safely can be, so expect the story to start about a week after this initial posting. You can find a link to the first story in my quotes section at the bottom of my posts.

Here's what's in the game as of now, a nice list given to me by he who compiled the mods. I'm still going to accept submissions for this game, but because of the new version making a lot of old mods obsolete I'd like to focus on stuff made more specifically for this pack. If anyone's got any custom, homebrew creatures, plants, items, or anything else DM it to me and I'll try to make it work.

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom, Dwarven Bread, and Mostly Mythical Monsters by IndigoFenix.  (ROTMK has been ported forward)
Dwarvemon by FirePhoenix11.
Zombies ate my Dwarves, Dwarfest Dungeon, and What Lurks Below by ZM5.
Black Powder Firearms by Jake.
Deeper Dwarven Domestication by Wannabehero.
Primal, Jawa Fortress, mottled petrels, and Assorted Creature Pack by Enemy post.
Procedural Decoration Legends by Wastedlabor.
Extinct Creatures Mod and Mundane Creatures Mod by Scourge728.
Caverns Of Peace, Friendship, & Fun by Fluffyshambler.
Speecho the Trust Worm and The Fruit Engine by Dunamisdeos.
Meat blocks by Derpy Dev.
Fungus Expansion by MottledPetrel.
TehLOLmod by various authors.
Spellcrafts by Eric Blank.
Dog Breeds and Fishing Expanded by Brolol.404.
The Aeramore Expansion Mod by Fatace.
Monstrous Manual by Teneb.

I'll add things to this first post as they are needed, among them being names. If people want a koopa named, call them out. Otherwise, I'm ready to turn another pleasant field into a scorched blood-mire.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:04:33 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:40:26 pm »

Reserved for quotes, because apparently I have a tendency of making those.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 07:53:10 pm »

This time, however, Enemy Post was nice enough to compile the mods for me and did a better job than I realistically did the first time. And for the first time ever I have a nice folder of Read-Me's that actually tell me what the hell everything does and what things are going to make my koopas sleep until the end of time.

I... that defeats the point of modded hell! Throw it out! Burn the useful information! Make sure everything is unbalanced and broken!

Pick some random chap and designate them 'Nord'! I look forward to their death via meat-based construction accident and/or thirteen syndromes all at once.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 08:54:50 pm »

Quote from: MottledPetrel
Modded Hell

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:23:15 am »

PTW to see what kind of this train wreck of a fortress we end up with.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 10:59:42 am »

Yep, with King Zultan on this. Oh, and also, shameless self-promoted mod here because I happen to have one that works for 0.47.x and 0.44.12: If and when you can get to DFFD (as I don't have it on anything else right now, but I could probably knock up a Google Drive download for you or something, MottledPetrel), search for "Implausible Biology and Miscellaneous".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 01:36:00 pm »

I don't think anything sums up how subconsciously I've prepared myself for this fort to nose dive right into the ground as looking through the embark screen on my test game, misreading Giant Lemur as Giant Femur, and being more confused as to why I could bring a plus size monkey with me than why I could bring an enormous demonic bone.

I'll start the dwarfing list, I don't know, eventually. I'm currently wrestling with the fact that the Alakazams I brought on embark are getting their teeth kicked in by, and I'm not sure how to convey this, a wild electric car.

Zultan I looked at your mod, and quite honestly it concerns me how many things are tagged as 'It should do this, but it doesn't, so I don't know what they do'. In addition, a lot of your stuff seems to be hard coded for dwarves, and I'm going to be playing as koopas. Regardless, I've downloaded it and I'm going to look into if it will fit and if not what I can take.

In terms of sieges, I was actually surprised to find that koopas are currently just evil enough to ally with other evil races but not enough to declare war on everyone. Let me tell you, it was a sight seeing ZM5's evil clown race march over my horizon and right into the trade depot... That might end up being a huge problem if some of these races have ambient effects that are meant to only harm...

Edit: Alright, summer's only half way through and there's a fire breathing mega beast that walked right through my koopas and is now setting all my farm plots on fire. Clearly we did something right.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 03:20:27 pm by MottledPetrel »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 04:26:51 pm »

Did something right, indeed. Beware, ye who enter this fortress - !!FUN!! awaits.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 05:03:39 pm »

Yee, good to see this is happening again!  Makes me feel bad not having updated ROTMK in ages, between quarantine ironically making my job nearly round-the-clock and the little free time I have spent on BoundWorlds.  I'll get around to it someday.

Might I suggest throwing Fortal Kombat and maybe Rick Citadel into the blend?  Both are great sources of global conflict and are simple enough code-wise to avoid causing problems.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 05:57:38 pm »

PTW
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 09:43:37 pm »

It would not be Modded Hell without half the embark being on fire … clearly this meant to happen ... nay ... it was destined to happen.
     Now you know why you fear the unpause button.

Also, PTW.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 09:53:17 pm »

This time, however, Enemy Post was nice enough to compile the mods for me and did a better job than I realistically did the first time. And for the first time ever I have a nice folder of Read-Me's that actually tell me what the hell everything does and what things are going to make my koopas sleep until the end of time.

I... that defeats the point of modded hell! Throw it out! Burn the useful information! Make sure everything is unbalanced and broken!

CAST IT INTO THE FIRE!

(Also, PTW.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 03:58:50 am »

What's the electric car from?

Also I didn't make the mod, I haven't made any kind of mod for this game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 06:53:25 am »

It's back? It's back! I'll compile some of my unfinished stuff and send them over! Hybrid dinos, cave critters, Ravenloft monsters, pets I made for modded civs! Maybe I'll finally make the entity for T'lethians so the koopas can cross vibro-blades with lobstermen. Maybe later today.

I want a millitary koopa named SQ, preferably using some bizarre, outlandish weapon.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 11:48:16 am »

What's the electric car from?

Also I didn't make the mod, I haven't made any kind of mod for this game.

The electric cars are from the LOLmod.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8