Option 3: Central Swamp (Normal)
- 1 (5.6%)
Option 4: Rocky Wasteland (Hardest)
- 8 (44.4%)
Option 5: Yellow Southern Desert (Hard)
- 4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update  (Read 13926 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2020, 03:22:46 pm »

It's called Titaniunyte, and your guess is a good as mine for mod. Here's what the game says about it (I have yet to learn how to quantify these numbers and modifiers, so some help would be nice):

Also, apparently it was more components than steel. Though, I'm not totally sure why there would be an option for that crazy recipe and then an option to just smelt it normally. I'm going to have to see what the smeltery says it can do, but I believe there is some bauxite around for the the more complicated recipe if necessary. There is also Scheelite lying around:

Something called Holtrime:

And I remember seeing something called Earth Crystal, but I can't find it.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:27 am »

From what I've found, Titanium is from Aeramore, it's a metal better than steel against edged attacks but worse against blunt ones. It is also quite a bit lighter than steel. It's all-around better than iron.

Tungsten (also from Aeramore) is pretty crappy strength-wise, but it is heavier than silver, so perhaps it could make decent hammers if it's weapon-grade.

Holtrime (also also from Aeramore) is weapon-grade, but worse than iron. It can be used for enchanting weapons though, in an Arcaneforge. You need an Arcanium anvil for that though, and magma access. Arcanium crystals shouldn't be all too rare (though with all the concurrence maybe they are), but nonetheless I think it is meant for later in the game.

The earth crystals could be whatever, the only material I found called "earth crystal" was seemingly only used for some Mushroom Kingdom boss, so they are probably called something else.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2020, 02:03:13 am »

So for now it's tungsten thwackers and holtrime armor. The chance of early fort collapse due to monsters is acceptable right now. For invaders it would be good to find something slashy and stabby, so perhaps digging deeper would be of use.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2020, 04:02:46 pm »

At this point that's largely what I'm thinking, but considering that the main room coincides with a magnetite patch I might B-line it to steel armor until we find some other wonder ore.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2020, 12:04:01 am »

Oh hey this is back!
Any dwarf will do, I just want a "moony"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2020, 03:01:58 pm »

I'd love to get a koopa to my name too, just "Eric."

I'd like to say spellcrafts can help with the combat, but it really can't. The only custom material it offers that's accessible and better than copper is reinforced bone, made from critters' bones. Otherwise, you need iron to produce enchanted iron, which is only slightly better material properties wise than iron, inferior to steel. There's studded leather, which requires bones and raw hides, and will offer slightly better protection versus wildlife.

Otherwise, there's combat magic. The school of medisephos has healing spells, a holy spike spell and a subdueing (paralysis/sleep) spell. Hyazith offers fire spells, which are obviously going gloriously already as koopas naturally have fire magic, and ice spells, which are little more than a nuisance to armored opponents.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]