Option 3: Central Swamp (Normal)
- 1 (5.6%)
Option 4: Rocky Wasteland (Hardest)
- 8 (44.4%)
Option 5: Yellow Southern Desert (Hard)
- 4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update  (Read 14034 times)

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 09:17:33 am »

hmmm needs the pony mod.....cause reasons. forgot what its called though

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 09:43:41 am »

I offered to put it in when I built the modpack, but MottledPetrel turned it down.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 02:21:41 pm »

At this point I think we've shoved in about all we're going to get to work. I say that, and in this test fort that I was hoping was going to be the last involved me using a civ that says it's made up of 'melon bugs' instead of koopas. Regardless, if this save seems like it works pretty alright I'm gonna gen the world that we're gonna use for the game, I'll post the embark zone when it happens.

Edit: Never mind, too far, fuck, go back.

I have a distinct memory of something exactly like this happening in the last game, but I don't remember what happened with it.

As I'm sure you can all imagine, this game crashed before I could even get on the map. However, after some tweaking, the next game involved a civ of wagons that instantly exploded when I got on the map. Not the best, but I got on the map, so that's progress.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:26:33 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 07:24:01 pm »

I'm guessing you have duped raws. Forgotten beasts, ewoks, and human pirates shouldn't be possible to acquire as pets.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:57 pm »

Yeah, I figured that out. I found a hidden readme that asked me to delete some vanilla creatures. I'm in the process of working around it.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 11:27:23 pm »

Oh, that's me! I caused the duplication! I probably shouldn't feel proud about it, huh? But yeah, ADP modifies or replaces vanilla animals so you can see elves arrive on giant white-tailed deer rather than generic deer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2020, 06:51:05 am »

the next game involved a civ of wagons that instantly exploded when I got on the map.
Poor wagons never getting a break.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2020, 03:16:40 am »

I once messed up with my own modpack and could embark as quaggoth, the slaves to drow. The interesting thing was that I could take drow as slaves. Mod duplications may be sentient.

Speaking of dupes, the current issues with my ADP mod are getting fixed, and they will be fixed since I'll be sending corrected raws later. This will cause some weirdness - we'll have both my fancy deer and old generic deer running around the same forest. Well, it's modded hell after all.

By the way, could our koopas get sonic-blasta rifles? They fire blunt projectiles at great speed and are essential for the success of koopa X-Com project.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 02:22:41 pm »

If anyone's got stuff from their mods that they want me to give to the koopas, send me a list of what I'd need to paste into the civ. I'm assuming SQ that you're sending me a version of your pack that I don't have to prune to get all the duplication out, after that's settled I'm gonna test some more stuff and then start the game. I'm gonna post the relevant embark information, but in terms of story I'm going to say that this is going to be something like the same koopa civ being like 'well fuck, Modded Hell didn't work out... let's do it again!

I'm just gonna put this here:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:11:05 pm by MottledPetrel »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »

Obviously, you pack one War Thanos, everything else is irrelevant.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2020, 11:10:57 pm »

Thanoses are abelisaurs, cousins of Carnotaurus. I suggested them to Enemy Post specifically because of the name.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 01:51:00 pm »

Alright, I've got the raws to about where I want them. The only changes I've made that I haven't really specified are that I've excluded SQ's ADP (I got rid of all of it before you sent me the fixed version, and I don't want to patch it in) and a reasonable amount of Incompetent's Biology mod (sorry man, I got rid of the entity file and stability went way up). Preliminary update should be out tomorrow.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2020, 01:53:41 pm »

Thanoses are abelisaurs, cousins of Carnotaurus. I suggested them to Enemy Post specifically because of the name.

We didn't have to tell him...
My mods and forum games.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 02:29:43 pm »

Alright, I've got the raws to about where I want them. The only changes I've made that I haven't really specified are that I've excluded SQ's ADP (I got rid of all of it before you sent me the fixed version, and I don't want to patch it in) and a reasonable amount of Incompetent's Biology mod (sorry man, I got rid of the entity file and stability went way up). Preliminary update should be out tomorrow.
Yeah, well, it adds so many entities it was inevitable that it would cause trouble sometime, somewhere. I don't mind. Besides, some of the races are large enough to pose trouble if you get into a fight with them, in fort or adventurer mode, since said races are considerably larger than the vanilla ones. The ulleids, which IIRC are the largest of the bunch, are somewhere around double the size of a dwarf! (Their average size is somewhere around double the dwarf average size, anyway.)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2020, 08:41:39 pm »

Now this is something I'm glad to see back
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8