Option 3: Central Swamp (Normal)
- 1 (5.6%)
Option 4: Rocky Wasteland (Hardest)
- 8 (44.4%)
Option 5: Yellow Southern Desert (Hard)
- 4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update  (Read 14007 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II: The Embark Begins
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2020, 12:50:32 am »

Ooh, we've got deep juniper. We're gonna drink gin like british grannies.

My bet is that the fish men will be eaten by giant prehistoric crocodiles, considering neither neon tetras nor blue tilapias have any way to fend off enemies many times their size.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2020, 10:52:19 am »

Thought I'd tell you, MottledPetrel: I did just post an update to my mod today on DFFD. However, the only thing it does is make bioluminescent pods have more consistent alcohol names (expanded upon slightly in the readme file I put in the download). The update in question only applies to the 0.47.02+ version.

(and perhaps ironically, I would likely be in breach of forum etiquette if I tried posting about said update to the thread that I created for my mod... that was a while ago, to the point where I'd most likely be necroposting)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2020, 10:55:18 am »

People are generally more tolerant of necros and double posting in the mod releases subforum, since its purpose is to list mods, announce updates, and take questions from users.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2020, 12:52:13 pm »

Necros/double-posting aren't actually verboten here, unlike some forums-- if you've cause to dig up an old thread, it's usually just fine to do so.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2020, 01:05:30 pm »

More on topic though, it's probably too late to update mods. It'd be fairly inconvenient for MottledPetral, if it's even possible for the mod in question.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »

The reason they’re so many is a river thing, I believe. Sadly they don’t seem to come back in the same amounts once they leave...

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2020, 02:26:41 pm »

More on topic though, it's probably too late to update mods. It'd be fairly inconvenient for MottledPetral, if it's even possible for the mod in question.
I wasn't expecting them to update anyway. Just a little heads up in case they wanted to do something with it.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2020, 04:43:58 pm »

The reason they’re so many is a river thing, I believe. Sadly they don’t seem to come back in the same amounts once they leave...
You could breed them...
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »

In my experience, the starting creatures in the river inevitably kill each other almost immediately after I unpause the game. It's a shame that they have to go to waste, but honestly I'm not entirely sure how fish based animal men even work in this game. Are they amphibious? Can they still hold weapons? Eventually, I'd like one of the endgame works to be an underground arena where I can pit invaders against some of the more dangerous wild animals that we'll probably catch and not be able to fully tame so I can have a place to properly discover what everything does without it happening in the living room. Given the time, I would've liked to make a separate, closable pool of water to trap the fish men so that I could later make a series of underground canals to dump them into the arena, but I'm going to assume that monopolizing the mining force to do that right now would be an awful idea.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2020, 05:55:12 pm »

It goes without saying that as shown last time the river in our spawn was beyond dangerous due to its inhabitants. However, I was surprised to learn that there were actually two rivers with a rather defensibly plain between them.

In the future I'd like to dig a moat between these two rivers and around the eventual fortress opening to defend against both the infamous fire and the infamous filth that seems to plague koopa civilization. I was also surprised to find that the 'rocky wasteland' we were promised had far more tall grass peaking out between the boulders than I would have expected, further necessitating the eventual moat.

The first matter of business was to begin building a ramp down into the plain and chopping down the pesky trees that were in the way. Quite honestly, I don't remember who wanted what profession, so everyone's getting assigned what needs to be done in the order that it needs to be done in. I also happened to look at everyone's stat's because I was interested, and I again remember how funny modded deities can become.

(I find it funny to think that painted turtles are close enough to koopas that they're okay with worshiping them.)

It also became clear that moving in right between the two rivers might not have been the best idea, because almost immediately the fish men in the river left their native banks to start angrily gesturing at the koopas from across the river. The poliwags, instead, decided that the koopas were new friends and left the river to greet them.

That, however, proved to be an awful decision, as they walked right into the war animals that were being brought to their new pasture. It didn't, however, go as one-sidedly as you would expect. One of the poliwags killed a goomba minion, and another maimed the hand of one of the rhydons. A Tilapia woman then got her teeth knocked in by one of the trolls who didn't appreciate that he now had to re-pasture all of the animals. Another tilapia man was killed, and a third eventually had their spine broken and was left to starve. A couple minutes later, it was also found that one of the rhydon had been knocked into a nearby pool and had sunk like the stone it was and drowned. Overall, not the best first day to christen the fort.

Underground, the start of the fort was being carved out. Eventually, the large room would function more as a great hall, but for now it would have to be the 'we need somewhere to put everything' spot.

Though, it seemed like the tilapia men didn't appreciate being kicked out of their hang out spot as they decided to march right across the koopa's new front line as if to say they didn't respect the boundary.

I decided it might be a good idea to start on cage traps early. The police car that had towed the wagon, however, decided that a more direct approach should be taken.

After the car literally drove right through the tilapia men, the deep stalkers moved in and stung the remaining tilapia men to death. It was at this point that I learned that deep stalkers were giant lizards with stingers on their tails. Huh. Ironically enough the deep stalkers seemed to have more of a sense of mercy, and let the fish men go after they'd been knocked unconcious. The poliwags also decided that they had something to be upset about, but their assualt proved to be less successful than the first time.

God fucking damn it, I had given the neon tetra men a pass because they hadn't been whining as much, turns out that was because they were busy robbing us. On top of that, the tilapia men had somehow pissed off the amphibious sea scorpions who were just hanging out into chasing them. Unsurprisingly, they were then led right back into the fort.

At this point I was seriously considering just making the deep stalkers the honorary police force of Modded Hell Two, they seem to be the only competent creatures here. Not only that, but they've already got their own car with which to run over the wildlife in. Not that it entirely mattered, the entrance already being covered in blood was just as symbolic as it was literal. Now, however was the perfect time to start erecting a tower over the entry hole in order to prevent future assailants from simply 'walking in'... It was found, to my disappointment, that the base was already off center.

This was one of the main benefits to bringing so many unskilled trolls, walls could be set up in almost no time with little to no loss in other fields. Though, after a few seconds of thinking about how to add useful bits to the tower later, I realized that there were two injured tilapia men just inside the planned walls. Let's see how they're doing.

Oh, so not good. How about a look at the amphibious scorpions on the other side of the river that one of the deep stalkers has been trying to assert dominance over for the past forever.

The deep stalker refused to kill that sea scorpion or his friend. Every time either wakes up from their pained unconsciousness the deep stalker would sting them right in the body and then wait for it to get up again. Honestly a lot more brutal of a spectacle than I was expecting. Though, it would have been more convenient if they were closer to home, because the Rhamphosuchus in the river decided that it wanted to eat our gogoat. Admittedly, the relatively small goat managed to poke out both of the prehistoric gharil's eyes and bruise its organs, but not before getting one of its legs reduced to shreds. Honestly, it's getting to the point where the water is proving just as deadly as the usual fire.

It took the death of another sea scorpion and the mauling of the last rhydon at the hands of a poliwag for the outer wall to be finished. No time to waste though, a roof had to be constructed for the place to be any kind of defensible. Honestly though, at this point the long arm of the law was the only thing keeping the fortress alive.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a kitchen done fast enough for road kill barbecue.

At this point, the last remaining Rhamphosuchus decided that borderline cannibalism was an easier thing to deal with than Johnny Law. Though, the larger caiman instead made the smaller gahril its meal in a pretty short amount of time.

I swear to god, for whatever reason the neon tetra men seem to be expert thieves. One of the imps got out the stepladder to get a goose out of a nearby tree, and as soon as he was up it one of the neon tetra men jumped out of the river and stole it from right under his feet. Now I've gotta cut the whole tree down.

Oh god, here we go...

:( , it's not even summer yet! Alright, break time, this seems like a next week problem.

Here's the kill feed, I'm going to bed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II: Slaughter by the River
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2020, 05:03:43 am »

Well that didn't take long for everything to start dying and for a fire to break out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2020, 11:31:20 am »

It was inevitable.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2020, 03:16:16 pm »

Police cars, giant crocodiles, fishmen, yep, this checks out.

Fort's back, everyone!
My mods and forum games.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2020, 11:46:35 pm »

Well that didn't take long for everything to start dying and for a fire to break out.

… and blood all over the entrance to the fort, only thing missing is random pools of poison to trap the unwary.

Let's give it another week in-game to be complete.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2020, 02:52:43 am »

Now we're waiting for a catastrophic booze mishap that renders half of the fort's workforce unable to work. In hindsight I should have made drow gin, truffle-carrot beer-wine, golem swill and mound vodka cause some terrible illnesses.

I just hope the koopas get to meet my strandcats so I can cause at least some inconvenience.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8