Option 3: Central Swamp (Normal)
- 1 (5.6%)
Option 4: Rocky Wasteland (Hardest)
- 8 (44.4%)
Option 5: Yellow Southern Desert (Hard)
- 4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Modded Hell II: Mini-Update  (Read 14035 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II: Picking The Future Koopa Fortress Site
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2020, 11:08:36 pm »

Poll's close the sixth, got stuff to do this weekend. If anyone's got any special animals they want me to bring, say it now. There's no guarantee that the civ has them, but who says that should stop us from trying to min-max.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2020, 01:54:59 pm »

id like to be in this. as for animals do we have pokemon like like last time if so id like a rapidash if possible or at least a scyfer I....think that's the bug type with swords for arms right

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2020, 01:30:49 pm »

helmet snakes
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2020, 04:52:36 pm »

A Chomp or two would come in handy, if we can afford them.

It's unlikely that they are available to our civ, but we should definitely pick up a Tormentor if we ever get the chance.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2020, 06:59:25 pm »

A whole bunch of regular chickens would be funny against the backdrop of insanity.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2020, 04:40:37 pm »

A whole bunch of regular chickens would be funny against the backdrop of insanity.
I'd be amazed if the chickens weren't insane, themselves. Is anything sane in this world?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 01:58:27 am »

Fancy Velociraptors will make the fort more lively with their bright plumage and adorable chirps with the added benefit of eating rats.

Dark type pokemon can protect the koopas from ambushing mismagiuses, at least if we think in pokeymans logic. In reality any absol, weavile or incineroar would have its skull caved in with a single shadow ball. Dark pokemon without a head? Can't think of any.

If we have access to jian, we could take one and try to find it a darling, as a side quest.

Huge dinosaurs and other massive predators are always handy in raids. Laser Ceratosauruses were doing a great job the last time. We should have a safe breeding program for something fancy. Allosinosaurus would be cool, but we can settle on something more mundane.

Battle thralls could come in handy. Trolls and beta males are classics; oni are smarter and learn mace really fast, but they were supposed to be pets for a specific race, so if you haven't given them to koopas, they won't appear; deep ones have an electric discharge interaction that would fry koopas alive.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 10:52:33 am »

Laser Ceratosauruses were doing a great job the last time.
Didn't they have [MEANDERER], which caused raids to take forever? (Taking ages to get off map) At least that is my diagnosis of that phenomenom, since I've seen the same in vanilla DF.

So maybe avoid such creatures this time.
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2020, 11:29:37 am »

I’m pretty sure I patched out MEANDERER since the original fort. If not, it’s an easy fix.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2020, 01:53:48 pm »

Alright, rocky wasteland it is. Do we want to be within range of the tower or not. The only reason I'm asking this is because I've found that the game has trouble loading invasions from tower entities that are necromancers. I've found that being within range of a friendly tower causes the game to hard crash about a year in, but I don't know if that's a specific secret doing that or because the game isn't built to understand the existence of friendly towers. The tower in question is not friendly, but I also haven't confirmed what the secret it holds is. Do we want to risk it and just start near it and wait, or should I look in Legends to confirm that the embark site won't be botched by a weird secret?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2020, 03:13:40 pm »

I'd use Legends.
My mods and forum games.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2020, 05:25:25 pm »

I'd say start.  Since we don't even know what causes the bug, extra information wouldn't help, and there's no fun if we're just going to avoid everything new.  If the game does crash, we can then look at Legends after to try and figure out what caused the problem.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2020, 03:50:12 am »

Let us begin!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2020, 04:22:28 pm »

And here we are (I'll get a real update out in a little bit):

There was a little bit on the next page, but I forgot it.

I don't think I've ever seen this many animal men in one spot, but I'm curious to see what they do.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:04:14 pm by MottledPetrel »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell II: The Embark Begins
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2020, 11:46:26 pm »

All I see is lots of fresh food.  Gotta catch them all!!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8