Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Heroes of Nobelian Kingdom! HoNK HQ Station Thread  (Read 2255 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Heroes of Nobelian Kingdom! HoNK HQ Station Thread
« on: June 14, 2020, 07:30:46 am »

This is a thread of people to Roleplay and generally play about when there's no Missions going on!

OOC Thread is here!
Mission Thread is here!

A good way to format posts:

Description goes like this.

"Spoken lines go like this."

And brooding, edgy thoughts about defeating your arch-nemesis go like this.

Please remember that you shouldn't be posting UNLESS the GM explicitly mentions you/your player character! Paradoxes are bad!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:29:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Nobelian Kingdom! HoNK HQ Station Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 07:31:09 am »

---
---
Quantum Storage List on Pastebin!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:18:45 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 08:20:13 am »

EPISODE 1: Invasion Of The Greenskins!

Town of Chichirokawa, Yamato District, Yamato Continent...

People chatting, drinking their morning tea, leaving offerings at the shrines of Uwu...

A buncha Faeries hosting summerwear fashion show, two Gorgons chasing rowdy deliquents that kept cat-calling them, some nerdy schoolkids running to get to their classes late because they've stayed at night too long playing their favorite video games...

All was well in Chichirokawa, until...

The little boy dug in his nose in search for an exceptionally round goober, when he noticed something in the corner of his eye. He turned to look, but there was no one... he reached for his mom's hand, who was busy chatting with their neighbour.

"Mom, there is something here, I think." The woman smiled down.

"No, dear, there isn't." The boy reassured, turned to his goober, only to notice something once more.

"Mom! There's totes something there!" The woman let a sigh, and turned in the direction where her son was looking at.

"Dear, I've told you that-" Suddenly, a goblin jumped over the fence, his dagger sharp and ready for stabbings!"

"DIE, FRESH MEAT!!"

"AIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--!!!"

Admiral-General John.D.Q.Smith, a man in his 50s, with a mane of gray hair on his square-shaped face, adjusted his maritime cap as the shuttle's door opened. Out of it came...

A spider, a sharp-dressed man, someone in baggy yellow suit, and a girl in weaponized bodysuit. Admiral-General stroked his beard thoughtfully.

"Welcome to HoNK HQ, kids! I'm Admiral-General John Donald Quincy Smith, your superior and leader of the HoNK. I'm glad to have you on-board the station! Our organization strives to maintain the highest standards, so please behave-" A young lady in tight uniform and black hair tied in impressively long ponytail sprung from behind Admiral-General.

"Hello everybody!!" She yelled happily. "I'm Natalia Amelia Smith! Your liaison officer! You need something from the higher-ups, send me a message! I will be all yours! For peace and justice!!" The perky officer did a 'V' sign with her right hand, when Admiral-General let out a loud, loud cough.

"Oh, oops, sorry dad."

"Right... kids these days... Where was I? Ah yes, Heroes of Nobelian Kingdom Organization, while accepting freelancers, is attached to Nobelian government, so naturally you need to behave properly and maintain a strict moral code and sense of-" A giant holographic screen suddenly appeared on the nearby wall. On the screen, there was a young woman, with long, flowing, blonde hair, with robust blouse, robust dress, robust umbrella in her hand and robust, err... 'assets', flanked by scarred, brooding, scary men in green-and-red Nobelian Army uniforms.

Admiral-General and his Liaison Officer saluted to the woman.

"Q-Queen Elizabeth!" The old man forced a smile. Queen of Nobelia smiled and clasped her hands.

"Ahh, so nice to see all of you! I'm glad that I've managed to catch you all in one place, makes the introductory thing go much smoother, don't you think?" Liaison Officer leaned towards the recruits.

"Psst, guys, you oughta salute to the Queen!!"

//T'liki (SeriousConcentrate), Doomblob (Doomblade187), Pips Serpent (SirAston) and Marie (cronos5010) are now in-game and oughta salute to the Queen before she gets mad!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:22:01 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:26:42 am »

Doomblob salutes the Queen in the name of Uwu!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:35:12 am »

Marie quickly finds herself being shaken from her awe filled reverie when prompted, pulling off a quick and sudden salute that caused a bit of a clanging noise as her armored hand meets her armored forehead. She remains silent for now though, feeling a bit too small to properly introduce herself to the queen.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 08:47:31 am »

Seeing no reason to not salute the queen, and knowing from past evenings training the Path of Dice Throwing Optimization at his past meetings of tabletop players that doing stupid things because "that's what my character would do" is the easiest way to ruin an evening, Pips Serpent salutes the Queen in a proper stance.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:51:11 am by SirAston »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 10:28:09 am »

T'liki raised his first two left legs in an awkward but cute attempt at a salute. To think, he had gone from being an exile to working for the Queen herself! Truly, he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps, as the humans said, and come up in the world.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 11:26:59 am »

The Queen gasped at the sight of T'liki saluting. She leaned toward the 'screen', all happy and smiles.

"Oh my! Aren't you the prettiest Arachnid I have ever seen! That intricate patterning, those vivid and lively and vibrant colors! Truly a marvelous coloration! What is your name?"
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 11:36:21 am »

"My name is T'liki, your highness!" the arachnid chirped back brightly. He raised his abdomen slightly and extended the flaps on it, creating a halo of colors over his head. "I'm honored to be praised by your majesty!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 12:08:33 pm »

"T'liki! What a lovely name! I'm sure that your companions-" And out-side hand handed the Queen a large folder labeled 'CONFIDENTAL', and she looked into it briefly.

"Oh dear, state business is calling for my attention. I wish your best, Heroes of Nobelia! For Peace and Justice!!" The Queen made a 'V' sign.

"For Peace and Justice Queen Elizabeth!!" Liaison Officer Natalia did the same. Her fathered, poker-faced, nonetheless also made the sign. A moment later the projection disappeared.

Admiral-General coughed into his left hand in hopes of becoming centre of attention once more.

"Alright, better not tempt fate. Here are your ID cards, which are also doubling as your official bank account cards. Use these to buy things on-board the station and to procure items from the homeworld, if you need to." As Admiral-General explained, his daughter handed out a small, standard-Human thumb-sized plastic cards.

//T'liki, Doomblod, Pips Serpent and Marie get 500♪ each!

"There are maps and information panels on every deck of the HoNK Station. Use them to familiarize yourselves with the layout. Please do not go to Deck 1 unless absolutely necessary. Your quarters are at Deck 4..." The Admiral looked into a PADD he just took out of his uniform. "Right. Quarters 93 for T'Liki, 94 for Doomblob, 95 for Pips Serpent, and finally 96 for Marie."

"These panels, as well as computer consoles at your assigned quarters can both give you information you need and a way to contact me." Admiral-General saluted all four, along with his daughter.

"Settle in, kids! We must return to our paperwork duties for now. If you have any questions, remember - panels, or contact my daughters." The duo quickly absconded to one of tube elevators used to transport people and cargo across the station's spine.

It was free-time for the recruits!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:13:12 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 12:15:00 pm »

T'liki had raised both front legs in a V salute when everyone else did, and put the card from Natalia into a pouch on his front right ankle - humans certainly had thought of a lot of convenient things, like carrying containers. "I'm going to visit the cafeteria. Maybe they'll have some sort of meat slurry for sale," the arachnid said hopefully as he skittered toward the elevators.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 01:16:12 pm »

Doomblob noms the card, and it disappears into the Uwu-suit.

"I necessitate fuwud."

They blobbo off to their quarters, and then to the cafeteria, moving noticably faster.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:17:58 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 01:19:45 pm »

@Doomblob:

The quarter was blocky in design, and very nondescript.

At least the bed could easily fit him and at least 2 other Blobbos.

Then there was time to visit...

@T'liki&@Doomblob:

Cafeteria!

The best place to find people and food!

Unfortunately at the moment, there was only few of the crew; a group of engineers enjoying the food together, an a young girl in lab coat eating so fastily she almost choked on her toast. All of them humans.

"Welcome to Mile High Cafeteria, Spider and Uwu!" Said a kitchen girl in white cap and black apron. "Here's today's menu."

Quote from: MHC Menu
LUNCH OFFER:
1x Chicken Wings + 1x Mega Donut

AVAILABLE MEALS:
Chicken Wings: 60♪
Borger: 60♪
Zesty Mint Chicken Strips: 60♪
Hot Chocolate: 30♪
Espresso Grande Maximo: 30♪
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 01:29:53 pm »

T'liki took approximately three tenths of a second to decide. "Can I have the special?" he asked, pointing at the chicken wings and donut combo. Carrying containers were nice, but what humans had done to chicken was simply the best thing.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 01:48:34 pm »

Doomblob stared at the cafeteria spread. "UwU", they said, pointing a blobbo appendage at the Borgar.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4