Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would it be possible to manually make myself a werebeast through editing raws?  (Read 1828 times)

Brabygg

• Bay Watcher
  • unknown frozen plant substance
    • View Profile

Title.
By looking through the raws, I've found that werebeasts are handled through syndromes. Would this mean that I can manually apply that syndrome to myself through save editing? If so, how?
Quote from: Lytha
...dwarves rolling through the corridors in the shape of amorphous, obese globs of fat don't quite seem to be as much of a good thing as dwarves running around with a "very tough" line in their description though.
Generation 2: Add this phrase to your signature, but replace one word in it with one of its synonyms. BETTER social experiment.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know of any such thing, but right now it's really easy to get made into a werebeast, just go find some divination dice at a monastery and throw them until you piss of the gods. If you want a particular werebeast you can savescum until you end up being cursed to become a wereass or whatever it is you wanted.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Werebeast and vampiric curses are somewhat complicated to emulate through hacking due to the sheer amount of data tied to it in different places.

For instance, you have the unit's curse year and curse time, then the histfig's same related fields (I think).

Then you have to go to the list of syndromes and find the one you want to apply to your adventurer, apply the syndrome and normalize all it's child values and also apply the corresponding curse id to the unit.

Just to be clear: I'm talking about using DFhack. I don't know if there's a way to do this with save editing, but I'm assuming it's just as complicated.
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!