Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition - Probably Dead  (Read 10413 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition - Applications are now closed!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2020, 11:22:14 pm »

Well I'm excited. All of you folks' nations look pretty dang groovy. Hopefully my little guys can make some friends. Thoigh I'm just as open to their wholesale slaughter, such is life. Hehe.
I've lost control of my life.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2020, 11:25:18 pm »

You knew what you were signing up for when you looked at my murderbot kingdom sheet, right?
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2020, 12:50:54 am »

I am going over all the applications again, and have identified more problems. Please review your application even if it is not listed below to make sure everything is correct.

WRONG THINGS:

coleslaw35: Your recruiting this turn section has an invalid total. Please review the formula under the Recruitment section. Or read it here:
(X+1)*100-(Y/50)
X is equal to the number of territories you control.
Y is equal to the point value of your troops at the start of the turn.
So its actually 160 on turn 0.

You also only have 1750 points of troops in your current troops section, I think you changed your mind about costs or something.

Chaoskl21: The Geck Sorcerer project really seems like it should be in the Troop Designs spoiler, and lacks cost information. Xolchak should be in the Heroes section of your application. You have spent a total of 27 points on projects, but only 20 points are allowed.

I was also initially confused by how you had two versions of your application posted. I am assuming the one posted later is the one you are using.

TheRedwolf: The boat unit has multiple different names in different parts of your application. The Gunmen troop cost is not stated (But looks to have a value of 1). You also did not specify what is being recruited for turn 0 in the Recruiting this turn section.

Shadowclaw777: You have only spend 17 project points, and still have 3 left to spend.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2020, 05:11:17 am »

Fixed. I forgot the Iron Initiates are 0.5 recruitment cost. Also, I was just assuming that we started with 200 recruitment capacity. Forgot about the formula. :P

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2020, 07:48:39 am »

My bad I wasn't adding my troop designs to the project design portion. I'm just going to delete the geck sorcerers

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2020, 10:49:44 am »

Fixed my sheet

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2020, 08:23:04 pm »

Turn 0

And so it came to pass that the seven major powers of the world achieved dominance over their territory. The world prepares to embark on a new era of bloodshed!

Spoiler: Territory Information (click to show/hide)

Tips of the day:
When you send out an army to attack a distant tile, you may engage the enemy forces somewhere around the midway point. You'll be at a disadvantage if you don't have a contingency for that. Also, it will take time for an army to move so the combat phase might not happen on the next turn update. This is especially true for large scale combat. You want to conquer as much territory as possible, but also make sure that your capital is secure.

It is strongly recommended to make a journal post along with your turn update. The story is going to be run mostly by the players and its more interesting that way.

You may now post your Day 1 update. Remember to add the troops you recruited on turn 1, and use your project points. Please only make one post with all of your Day 1 activities, and use the template provided on the first post for that. Diplomatic discussions with other players may be in separate posts. Please do not edit posts made prior to the turn update. Day 2 will not begin until I say so.

The only exception is for troop movements, which should be in a separate post. If you are making multiple attacks, try to keep them all in the same post.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:43:59 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2020, 10:00:35 pm »

Civilization Name: League of Grand Battleborn Trance-mages and Questors
Theme:Pride Month
Day 1:
Home Territory: Pridea
https://imgur.com/a/jtq2IvL
Other Territories:
Owned Strategic Resources: Hormones: 100 (+100)

Current Troops:
Allies:2400
Bi-barians:520
Gunmen:520
Longboats:520
Heroes:
Supplies:

Recruiting this turn:
400 allies
20 Bi-barians
20 Gunmen
20 Longboats
Spoiler: Troop Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Project Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 10:25:58 am by TheRedwolf »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition - Game has begun!
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:29 pm »

Civilization Name: Daal'Gak (Great Hole)
Theme: Subterranean Gribblies

Day 1: Emergence of the Crundles
When at last the final beams were erected and Gru'Bek paste dried to the cool air of the wastes, the 'fortress' of Burz'Gaang was complete. It's cavern-like complex within extended as if almost a natural extension of the vast vault below, expected of creatures who dwelt not upon the surface of the world for but a scant handfuls of moons. Certain their prized Gaar'Vul, the black stone, was secure under the watch of the most sharp-eyed sentries amidst the Great Hole and fort, the Daal'Gaks' gaze turned to lands beyond. To the spire-like mountains of the north, to the unfathomable tree and lake, to great marshes and olde cities, to technology fallen in decay. . .

Knowing not the freedom of this open world, the disjointed tribal chieftains of the Daal'Gaks turn to eldest longhorns whom spend their days gazing deep into the mysterious confines of Gaar'Vul. It is there they witness a vision, one that drives the tribes very spirit onward. A red figure, squat and horned, rising to the top of a great spike of stone. They overlook the world before them, parting the clouds and shed tears, for eye to eye is a vast crimson sea that sets itself awash across the land. Swallowing forests, cities, ruins alike. And it was good.

Gaar'Vul holds only truths, and so it shall be.

From every corner a Daal'Gak tribe rises. They blow bleating horns and croak bellowing songs of the world below, off to the lands of light.

Home Territory: The Great Hole -- https://imgur.com/a/f3X8UbF
Other Territories: None
Owned Strategic Resources: Meteoric Obsidian (100/Per Turn) -- Volcanic glass of an unnaturally dark shade. It fell from the heavens above, rupturing the Earth long ago. Thus cracking the olde vaults below the world, by which all manner of detestable beast emerge. The Tribal Daal'Gaks both idolize what is left of the enigmatic glass and have begun to utilize it for its unfathomably sharp edges when knapped. It is said one may see their innermost self in reflection when gazing upon 'Gaar'Vul.'

Current Troops:
Crundle Tribals -- 4,500  (1,125 Value)
Crundle Pebble-Slingers -- 1,440 (360 Value)
Trogs -- 450 (450 Value)
Gru'Beks -- 300 (225 Value)

Heroes: None

Supplies: Meteoric Obsidian (x100)

Recruiting this turn: (157 Value)
356 - Crundle Tribals (89 Value)
30 - Trogs (30 Value)
50 - Gru'Beks (38 Value)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:37:56 am by Unraveller »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2020, 10:24:23 pm »

Civilization Name: Harvester Nexus
Theme: Rogue Harvester Robots
Day 1
Home Territory: Nexus Wastes (map: https://pic8.co/sh/BM884n.png)
Other Territories: None
Owned Strategic Resources: Living Metal (+100/turn)

Current Troops: (2160 total value)
900 Ancient Impalers
660 Ancient Choppers
100 Ancient Ballistae
1000 Ancient Maintenance Drones

Heroes:
Robotonk Prototype

Stored Strategic Resources: 21.5 Living Metal

Recruiting this turn (cost: 157 value, 78.5 living metal):
314 Scout Drone MK2s
Information pastebin link (read for non-TL;DR descriptions, log entries, and fluff): https://pastebin.com/aD2eDzej
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:46:09 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition - One more player needed!
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:27 pm »

Civilization Name: The Ancestors
Theme: Eldritch Horrors
Day 0:
Home Territory: Darkest Dungeon
Map: https://imgur.com/a/EF0zqWK
Other Territories: -
Owned Strategic Resources: Crimson Curse
Current Troops:
1200 Bone Defenders
650 Bone Arbalests
310 Undead Horse

Heroes: Necromantic Scholar
Supplies: Crimson Curse (100 Stored) (100/Turn)

Recruiting this turn (154 Value)
94 Bone Defenders
50 Bone Arbalests
10 Undead Horses

Ancestor's Journal #1 Brave New World:

It has been only months before I have resurfaced my immortality in this dishonorable manor before the antediluvian times of a creature from the stars, an eldritch entity yet abomination that could consume the world into pieces, and have let a piece of itself corrupt me into my new form, much more horrifying visage compared to the humanity I used to have, and now the Darkest Dungeon calls to me to protect it and  to spread its madness to the other realms that are in sight, currently with only my adviser being risen up and the previous militia that guarded the fortress as skeletal emotionless husks, and eventually the more horrifying creatures that live in this domain and other territories will eventually unravel the monster that exist herein, now my scholar is calling and suggesting we make our momentum at once.

The current territories that surround us are another Darkest Dungeon, one with a weaker connection to the eldritch forces in the north, but surely this territory I will claim in the name of all my heritage. Past the cove is land of endless sea that eventually domes into the cold lands with a island that carries a horrifying tree in its central apex.  To the south is home to that Ancient Temple, of the "Light" and all of righteousness and purity, compassion is rarity in the fevered pitch of battle as my forefathers bear for me to teach. Now I must work on growing and cultivating all the regions to work under my servitude on the grandeur of the Ancestors, as all will serve.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »

ATTENTION

I feel that the rules regarding combat are not quite clear enough, so I will take the time to explain the proper method of attacking again.

There are two kinds of combat methods. Normal, and Stealth.

For normal attacks, you need to declare the following things:
- Who you are attacking
- What your objectives are
- The troops that you are sending into battle
- Any other important things that need consideration
- The tactics that you intend to use. (Some of the finer tactical details that would not be obvious to enemy scouts may be sent to the GM, such as contingencies for possible enemy counters)

For stealth attacks, you need to declare the following things in thread:
- Which tile your stealth action will be on.

Stealth actions are much less effective than the non-stealth actions. On a stealth attack (outside of your established territory) your action will typically be less than half as good as a normal attack. Because of this, stealth attacks should be reserved for indirect sabotage and espionage. Its a bad idea to send your entire army on a stealth attack unless your whole army has some advanced stealth abilities that would make it possible to conceal a whole army.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2020, 11:52:30 pm »

-- Fallen Stars --
The Daal'Gaks march north.
(NM)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-- Chaos Reigns --
The Daal'Gaks march west.
(MW)

-- Thru Caverns Dark --
The Daal'Gaks march south.
(SM)

-- Murk and Mire --
The Daal'Gaks march east.
(SM)

-- Back at Home --
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 02:46:12 pm by Unraveller »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars - Supernerd Edition
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2020, 08:01:23 am »

Within the center of Clock Tower, the heads of old Earths greatest Magus families, now crippled in number yet just as great in ability, meet. They discuss their plan of action. Though the harvesting of parts and resources from the monsters within the surrounding lands would be important in the production of greater homunculi and Mystic Codes, potentially even key to the summoning of a Servant, should the Throne of Heroes even hold a place in this world, greater forces would be needed in order to combat them, especially the great constructs and monster that reside there. And so, while the more militarily minded divided up the Bobbies for expeditions, the research oriented delved back into their workshops, working to devise a creation to slay these great threats before they began harvesting in full.

Spoiler: London (click to show/hide)

Civilization Name: Clock Tower
Theme: Nasuverse with some SCP and LobCorp elements
Day 0:
Home Territory: Old London
Other Territories: -
Owned Strategic Resources:
Mystery- The Supernatural, boiled down to a science. Magecraft, Phantasmal Beasts, Abnormalities, True Magic, all of this is 'Mystery'. Each individual spell, magical species, or magical being of individual renown, has its own amount of 'Mystery'. More Mystery trumps less Mystery. And most importantly of all, the more commonly understood any individual Mystery gets, the weaker it gets, and the more legendary something is, the stronger. This is what makes Mystery so 'limited' of a resource, and the Mages of the Clock Tower so important due to their understanding of the general principals behind Mystery as a whole. Anything that can be considered 'supernatural' can be achieved with Mystery, but the greater the power, the more Mystery involved, and thus the more secrets to guard. (+100/turn)

Current Troops:
2160 Bobbies

Heroes:

Stored Resources:
0 Mystery(100 gained, all spent)

Recruiting this turn:
154 Bobbies

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:41:18 am by Failbird105 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2020, 09:35:53 am »

it's over
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12