Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist Cant read files  (Read 2307 times)

Kkslr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist Cant read files
« on: August 10, 2020, 07:37:52 pm »

Doubt this is the correct place to post this and I apologized never posted in this forum. Still was hoping that someone could help me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a thousand times so I know its no the solution. When I run Dwarf Therapist I get multiple error messages being,
The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. (x2 this message comes up multiple times)
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. (x2 this message comes up multiple times)
any one know any solutions? or anyway I can manually install these files or what ever they are (im no pc expert in any sense)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:44:19 pm by Kkslr »

Kkslr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist cant read files
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 07:39:18 pm »

CORRECTION

I have found these files within my folders. they just arnt being read.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:44:34 pm by Kkslr »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Cant read files
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 08:23:13 pm »

Post in the Modding Forum. These are the lower boards and have basically nothing to do with Dwarf Fortress.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 08:26:14 pm »

(Ninjaed)

I think you'd better post this in the thread (and subforum) for Dwarf Therapist.

I've a feeling I know the answer, but I'd defer to Clément if you get a response from that direction before I dive in on it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 12:59:37 am »

Note you can move the thread wholesale, bottom left, but untick the bit that says to leave a message.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 03:51:21 am »

Doubt this is the correct place to post this and I apologized never posted in this forum. Still was hoping that someone could help me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a thousand times so I know its no the solution. When I run Dwarf Therapist I get multiple error messages being,
The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. (x2 this message comes up multiple times)
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. (x2 this message comes up multiple times)
any one know any solutions? or anyway I can manually install these files or what ever they are (im no pc expert in any sense)

BTW I had a proper read, and you just need to install the visual studio runtime on your PC. This is not really a modding thing, it's thing similar to not having the correct version of .NET on your system. Microsoft stop shipping the older runtimes with the new OS to save having too much junk clutter the thing up.

https://www.tmurgent.com/appv/en/resources/tools/167-visual-studio-runtime-versions-chart

x86 = https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
x64 = https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572

Pick the one based on whether you have 32 bit or 64 bit OS

If that doesn't work, uninstall and try this older one:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:00:11 am by Reelya »

Kkslr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 10:17:38 pm »

Thank you Reelya this did the trick! finally I don't have to change my dwarves labors one at a time!