Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Viva la Rollvolución! (Or how to oppose Dystopian Steampunk Dictatorships)  (Read 4011 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, wasn’t last turn night, though? It’d be morning when these actions are taking place, right?

Yeah, that's right. My fault though, I forgot to actually place the" nighttime" setting.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Biography
Name: Gerardus Mercator
Sex: Male
Current Job: Freelance manual laborer
Current Relationships: None
Physical Description: Taller than average, but not imposingly so. Fair skin. Smooth black hair. Brown eyes. Pointed chin.
Backstory: He grew up in the outer part of Forsika. His life followed a simple routine: Wake up. Breakfast. Go to one of the worse schools (even for the outer part). Return home to have supper with his mother and, if he was lucky, his father as well. Exercise. Bed. When he was 17, his parents were arrested for sedition, and he hasn't seen them since. He was contacted by the Resistance because they wanted more muscle in the Forsika cell, and because his line of work would make it easier for him to place himself near mission targets.

Quote from: Aptitudes
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 4
Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 6
Charisma: 6

Because the Resistance can never have too much muscle.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, wasn’t last turn night, though? It’d be morning when these actions are taking place, right?

We are asleep, good citizens sleep at night. Unless you decided to sneak off during the nighttime. And then there is the guy who is actually awake right now awaiting his action processing.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

My action will be in the morning, edited my post to make that clear
In the Morning: Attempt to get towards the greenhouse without being followed. In the event I’m followed, try leading them away from the greenhouse (Dexterity)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Biography
Name: Gerardus Mercator
Sex: Male
Current Job: Freelance manual laborer
Current Relationships: None
Physical Description: Taller than average, but not imposingly so. Fair skin. Smooth black hair. Brown eyes. Pointed chin.
Backstory: He grew up in the outer part of Forsika. His life followed a simple routine: Wake up. Breakfast. Go to one of the worse schools (even for the outer part). Return home to have supper with his mother and, if he was lucky, his father as well. Exercise. Bed. When he was 17, his parents were arrested for sedition, and he hasn't seen them since. He was contacted by the Resistance because they wanted more muscle in the Forsika cell, and because his line of work would make it easier for him to place himself near mission targets.

Quote from: Aptitudes
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 4
Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 6
Charisma: 6

Because the Resistance can never have too much muscle.

You are in. Wait until I send you your mission.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:24:59 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morning

Wake up, put the closed sign up.
Grab my disguise stuff  and head for the nearest hiding spot near the train to the Ministry of War to get dressed in it, without being spotted or followed.

Get on the train for my 'Appointment'. Perform Part 1 of the plan.

Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:14:24 am by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morning

Look for jobs

Find a map of the Anderean Valley that also shows where it is in relation to Forsika

Find concealing clothing: ex. a face mask, a cloak, gloves, etc.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DAY 2
Morning

Burt Goldstine
11, 15

It may be due to his tiredness, but it's difficult for Burt to manage keeping himself awaken. Anyway, that doesn't stop the ex-chemist to get himself to work.

The morning is long and tiresome, and Burt suffers several small fire and chemical burns, but the work he is doing brings him back to the days of the factory. It's not the same environment, but the spirit feels the same.

Eventually, he finishes. The final products are 15 inflamable and poisonous explosives. They aren't very safe, and some may not actually blow up, or release the gases, but theoretically, all of them will cause the same amounts of damage.

After all his work is finished, Burt allows himself to sleep the rest of the morning.

7 v 6

No one enters the building this morning.

Sally Groves
8 v 9, 17+2(Dexterity) v 3

Sally leaves the inn, acting happy and carefree, carrying her backpack which contains her plant books, her botanist tools, etc...

But her carefree act is nothing but a facade. In fact, Sally notices that a woman she saw at the train yesterday has stopped her newspaper lecture and is casually walking in the same direction as Sally.

Sally decides to try something different, and instead of going through the path that would take her to the greenhouse, located North, and go through the forest, which leads Westwards.

It's only once Sally enters the forest, when the other woman loses all attempt at discretion and starts running after her prey.

What the woman doesn't know is that Sally is in her domain. The trees are Aurecas, famous for the robust moss that grows in the roots that are in contact in the air. While it's true this moss is sleepy, any good botanist knows that it's one of the worst sound transmitters, as the moss absorbs the impact of vibrations. And it's slimy properties actually are a defense mechanism, if one walks quickly enough, they won't fall to the ground.

Sally starts to walk through the moss, using quick and decisives steps to avoid falling to the ground. The other woman is less lucky, Sally hears her tripping and falling down several times.

Eventually, Sally comes across a blue teared deer, and she quickly throws a pebble at him, causing the animal to start running in panic, while Sally hides behind a tree. The woman arrives a few minutes later, panting in exhaustion, but once she sees the trail of broken twigs the deer has left, she breathes in and keeps chasing her false target.

Sally allows herself to breath in relief, and follows the moss, which always points towards the North.

By early afternoon, she reaches the end of the forest, which leads to a plain. There, the greenhouse is the only nearby building.

Benedict Burton
3+4(Strength), 1+2 (Wisdom) v 3

The training session of the morning is not really that effective, but it surely helps Benedict distract himself from any doubts he may have.

Anyway, once Benedict finished his training, he quickly marches towards the assigned destination, trying to be as self aware as possible of any suspicious intent he may give.

The man travels across the streets of Forsika, but he is so focused inwards, that he doesn't notice the Striker who is coming the other way. The two men collide and fall to the ground.

D12: 11 v 3

Instead of running away, Benedict helps the man get up, stating that he is sorry, making up a story about finishing his janitorial cleaning night turn, and that he is going to see his little daughter, who is celebrating her birthday today.

The Striker (must be a new recruit) simply nods and urges Benedict to keep walking and be more careful. The few bystanders quickly disperse, and Benedict keeps walking, this time more aware of his surroundings.

Eventually, the man reaches the ruined building he has been directed to, and enters it, only to find it empty. The contact, as the Resistance said, won't arrive until the afternoon.

Liza

Remini wastes no time. She gets up early, and puts everything she needs to in a school backpack, and after setting up the "CLOSED" sign, she leaves towards Marham Station. Once she reaches the nearby lateral alleys and starts to change herself into her disguise.

Quote from: Detection Roll (No Stat Bonuses)
Remini remains undetected.

Using the money she's has gained from her job, Remini buys a ticket towards the Ministry of War.

Spoiler: Steamed Plans (click to show/hide)

Plan is a SUCCESS! Remini can interact with the copied blueprints however she wants or give them immediately to the resistance.

Gerardus Mercator
12, 13, 10

Upon waking up, Gerardus first goes to the board of his street, which regularly contains his main source of income, part-time jobs. The two most economically beneficiary jobs of the week are either repairing steam automatons for  2 days, (You lose 1 action in the morning and another in the afternoon), or working as the temporary newspaper bringer of Hecterar Street for 4 days (lose 1 turn in the morning).

You can choose whichever you prefer. Neither also counts.

Anyway, once Gerardus has decided, he wastes no time, and quickly travels towards Hangman's Cross, and starts to look at the nearby libraries. He half wonders if it's possible that there may be uncensored books in one of this places, but quickly dismisses the thought. The Ministry of Education would never miss one rebellious word.

Anyway, Gerardus eventually finds a store named The Wonders of Alandria, which seems to not be owned by the Bureau of Guilds. The insides of the shop are nothing too out of this world, and the shopkeeper seems to be exhausted. Based on the outside looks of this shop, it's clear some Guild militias have recently harrased this man.

Anyway, Gerardus day only improves when he finds an up to date map of the Valley. The place is located towards the South-East of Forsika, a right by Tarantia, a gas extraction town which is half a day away from Forsika in train.

The Valley has only one path that crosses it. It's inhabited by Strang reindeers, one type of deer that's famous for it's extremely durable antlers.

Anyway, Gerardus pays for the map, earning the thanks and appreciation of the shopkeeper, and proceeds to search for the rest of the products. It's a highly risky operation, as apparently, a Striker was wounded in the market by a crowd, which has caused an increase in Striker patrols.

Thankfully, due to his bulky appearance, the Strikers are convinced that Gerardus has just been assigned to a mine when asked about the suspicious nature of his belongings.

Detection Rolls

•Burt Goldstine: 6 -70(Low Government Suspicion)= Burt remains undetected, due to him staying inside the house the entire day.

•Sally: 48 -65(Low Government Suspicion)= Despite Sally having shown irrational behavior recently, the Strikers have no evidence that may be deemed as incriminating. And due to their rivalry with the Eyes, the Strikers don't want to involve them.

•Benedict Burton: 58 -70(Low Government Suspicion): Benedict remains undetected.

•Remini va le Steam: Due to her plan, she remains undetected.

•Gerardus Mercator: 74 -80 (Low Government Suspicion): Gerardus remains undetected.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:32:32 pm by Kakaluncha »

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Lay low, periodically peeking out from the windows to see if the peacekeepers are gathering around the building. An ambush would be terrible.
Stat: WIS, +3
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that the explosives are completed it is time to find a riot, given how much of a crappy place this is there's bound to be one.
Stat: Wisdom?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Get inside the greenhouse and look at the plants there to find the most nutritious ones ant take them (Intelligence)

Head towards Marktoon Street without seeming suspicious (Charisma)

Get to the garage and give the orphans the plants
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:10:02 am by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head on to my hidden drop point for this mission, making sure not to be followed.

After that use what I learned to make a comprehensive analysis of it's weak points, then comprise an encrypted letter of what I learned in the Ministry of War that the Zeppelin seems to be a low importance job, nor having any way of carrying bombs on it's own. There may be another project separate, or the rumors were false.
Stat: INT. [If info is discovered from blueprints, include it. If contradictory to hypothesis, write that instead.]

Once that is done, leave the blueprints, analysis, and letter in the secret compartment, change my disguise again and head home, changing back to normal once near enough.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:52:24 am by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Afternoon

Choose the steam automaton repair job, which presumably starts tomorrow.

Scope out Ardan Ices and the area around it, looking at, for example, how heavy the Striker presence there is, and how easy it is to hide in the Ardan Ices building.

Scope out the (or a, if there are more than one) train station, looking at, for example, how heavy the Striker presence there is, and how much scrutiny is given to passengers.

Acquire a woodcutter’s axe. I’ll need a weapon, and a gun or even a crossbow is sadly out of the question.
Pages: 1 2 [3]