Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Scrapyard Engineers of Thaddeus III (PvE Arms Race)  (Read 5658 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Scrapyard Engineers of Thaddeus III (PvE Arms Race)
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2020, 03:58:33 pm »

We could use a better armored carrier, since two of our things need carrier space and are short-ranged. I'd do it myself, but Maxinum has a better specialty for it. I'd be happy to help, or handle it myself if he's busy.

Void Ray Stealth Bomber
These organic strike craft are intended to launch from their carrier, camouflage themselves with reactive hides and disorienting undulations, and deliver heavy payloads to large targets. Crew consists of a primary pilot handling main navigation and maneuvering, and a secondary pilot handling countermeasures and weapons discharge.

Spoiler: Alaric Ven (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »

Will be my next turn action. Wanted to atleast attempt to tackle that min roll cost. Figured we got a couple more turns before anything combat happens.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2020, 09:59:59 pm »

i have no clue what to design this turn

give me ideas
it's over

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2020, 11:29:31 pm »

You could revise your ship to improve it as overall your rolls were a bit unfortunate, though as it stands, it's still a good ship.

You could work on a new weapon, or improve one that either you or one of us have made. We have one person who's good at fast weapons which are likely smaller weapons, so you'll probably be best in giving us medium to larger weapons. My big railguns could do with improving :D

Alternatively, a new sublight engine to give us some speed options. A gunship class might be nice if you wanted to make a new ship.

So uhhh… hopefully that's not going to leave you with too many ideas. :P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2020, 09:27:37 am »

We don't have any FTL drives yet. You could revise those in or make a bigger ship to carry corvettes around.

I'm thinking of GM-overriding the FTL vote to Cosmic Trade Winds. It has a much clearer mid game, and lets us have a 4 turn cycle with some designs being better at different tidal states. To be honest, I mostly added the choice to see a fleet of warships take on Cthulhu.
But it's ugly to override a vote like that, and you can't study and weaponize the trade winds as well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:26 am »

Quote from: GM Override
Yes: TricMagic
No:

I like the CTW more too.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2020, 02:28:56 pm »

Who says you can't weaponise it? Power of faith could create mini storms on the enemy fleet! Sheer psionic will could push or pull the dark energy to aid or hinder! Entropy devices could be a doomsday weapon that puts the entire galaxy into low tide breaking point! Another force could be behind the low and high tide breaking points appearing.! (entirely possible a 'dead' galaxy is a banished galaxy, and the creatures within have found a way to escape their prison at high tide! An ancient god, even. Could be a previous time Cthulhu (or equivalent) was beaten, but only enough to be banished, and he/they comes again through high tide.

I'm happy I came up with something (and refined real well by Tric) like CTW, but I was going to accept the result whatever it was quite happily. We got Ry'leh Drives. But if the gm is struggling with the choice, then maybe a second look is warranted, but I won't vote. I'd want the other players who voted for Ry'leh to decide, since it'd be what they wanted that's potentially on the line.

Maybe suggest some ideas for our gm to get his creative juices going for Ry'leh drives, I know too little about Cthulhu and such to help there :P

Also note: our Fox Fighters actually DO have the Ry'leh drive, according to the sheets.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2020, 02:33:49 pm »

High Tide in CTW is supposed to open rents in reality, so there can be Cthulhu or what have you in there. Or you could adjust CTW to involve THINGS that thrive at higher or lower tides, voidborn life far better suited to its environment than the things now scuttling desperately between planets. That'd probably satisfy most of the R'lyeh/weaponization votes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »

Voidborn Life that is born in low tide and dies at hightide is possible. Since the Low Tide point is effectively a quantum effect that reverses reality. What is there isn't, what isn't there is. And during High Tide, they die only for new life to be born again at Low Tide.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 08:04:04 am »

So like a living FTL system?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2020, 12:27:31 pm »

PTW for now, will think of something later

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2020, 10:58:42 pm »

Do I submit ship designs in the thread or via PM?
it's over

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2020, 12:11:12 pm »

In thread. The secret designs for sign-ups were to simulate an uncoordinated start. Now that that's over, you can talk and plan freely.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2020, 12:14:13 pm »

Is there still a limit to how many players there are?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2020, 01:41:24 pm »

We don't have any FTL drives yet. You could revise those in or make a bigger ship to carry corvettes around.

I'm thinking of GM-overriding the FTL vote to Cosmic Trade Winds. It has a much clearer mid game, and lets us have a 4 turn cycle with some designs being better at different tidal states. To be honest, I mostly added the choice to see a fleet of warships take on Cthulhu.
But it's ugly to override a vote like that, and you can't study and weaponize the trade winds as well.

I more wondering if the override can occur. Also been a while...

Looking back, my design is already in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5