Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A castle without a door  (Read 1704 times)

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
A castle without a door
« on: June 17, 2020, 10:48:45 pm »

Okay, at has a door... two of them. But they are floating in the air. :/

How do I get in? Jumping does no good because it's block walls and I can't hold on.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A castle without a door
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:06:56 pm »

Does standing on the ramp and pressing 9 or shift+9 work? Besides that if you have dfhack you could flashstep.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 01:18:42 am »

You should be able to shift+9 from the ramp below (or alt+9, then chose move up and to NE.)

You could try [h]olding onto the walls (IIRC, that's easier,) or jumping into the door and attempt to hold onto that. (I don't remember what happens if you try to jump into a door. Maybe you just collide with it and fall to the ground.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:24:52 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:01:21 am »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Does standing on the ramp and pressing 9 or shift+9 work?

No, I can't stand on the ramp.

You should be able to shift+9 from the ramp below (or alt+9, then chose move up and to NE.)

You could try [h]olding onto the walls (IIRC, that's easier,) or jumping into the door and attempt to hold onto that. (I don't remember what happens if you try to jump into a door. Maybe you just collide with it and fall to the ground.)

I don't think it works from below but I was able to hold onto the wall, after all and move a step forward (into the air).

Sadly, I don't see any way to open the door and move inside. If I try to move east, it only gives me the option to climb to silt loam, *below*.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 02:14:05 am »

However, I did manage to become a competent climber (eventually) and climb up on top of the wall.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 05:20:52 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Does standing on the ramp and pressing 9 or shift+9 work?

No, I can't stand on the ramp.

I don't think it works from below

Holding shift while moving tries to move you up in that direction, so standing on the ramp below the door and pressing shift+9 would would tell the game to move you directly at the door.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 06:21:48 pm »

Holding shift while moving tries to move you up in that direction, so standing on the ramp below the door and pressing shift+9 would would tell the game to move you directly at the door.

But that doesn't work. The only option that gives me is to move on the ground (below the doors). There's no way to move into the doors.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 06:29:31 pm »

OK, from your previous wording it sounded like you didn't try it. The ramp probably didn't get updated when the wall was placed and so doesn't work in that direction.