Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums (IC thread)  (Read 24391 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums (IC thread)
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2021, 02:10:03 am »

Claus took a short break from his admiration of what he was very certain in his mind was related to time magic in some way to address Akira.

"Nope. Don't mind it at all. I'm afraid your hatred for Corisians is paltry in comparison to mine— as my father said, no one hates the Coris Empire like Corisians do. Unless you are Corisian, in which case you might want to rephrase your sentence to be 'Corisians, with a few exceptions, are nothing but honorless dogs'. Unless you're in a state of self-loathing, in which I do hope that gets cleared up quickly. Regardless of whatever situation you are in, you'll find I have more honor in me than all of these guards combined, I assure you."
Akira affixed the sword's scabbard to his belt as he spoke.
: "You are wasting your breath, and our time with your baseless speculation. I am here to protect the boy named Noah, and return him to his home. Even if it means taking the damned 'Lucid Crystal' commanding his body back with him."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2021, 10:00:18 pm »

Claus dusted off his gloves after casting his spell, unused to the casting of spells on others.

"Yes, I have memorized the location of the Lucid Crystal, though to my knowledge there are no others in the vicinity. Apparently, they were in the middle of an extraction process. Viverna and I can take you there." Claus tapped his foot as his eyes drifted to Akira. "And in that case, I will keep it in my mind to ignore your opinions from now on."

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2021, 04:39:02 am »

Blodeuyn tapped her foot in annoyance as she waited fir everyone else to get moving.

"Well you better hurry up and lead the way then. Because with each passing moment we are giving the idiots a chance to prepare a defense." she said crossing her arms "And that will make getting this crystal and kid out of her much more difficult."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »

"Sorry little gecko~, maybe if you help us save this child and get out of here I may have time for a little chat." The cat responded to Viverna with much sass. Turning his attention to the green-haired runt, "No please, if you don't want to help feel free to just leave. Hearing you get recaptured by the guards and hauled back in here will be music to my ears." With his snarky comments out of the way he jumps up and poof in a cloud of white icy mist envelopes the cat. As it dissipates, Ivoh'to returns to his half-human form.

"They'll be looking for a cat probably, so it'll be best to travel like this for now. Lets get moving everyone. No second to waste since we need to save that boy and all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2021, 04:11:06 pm »

"You aren't half as clever as you think you are." Her eyes narrowed. "You should know better than most not to antagonize someone like myself. Particularly as I am already on your side." Viverna let out a hmph, then turned to leave, taking the most direct route she knew of to the room. "Move."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2021, 02:01:45 am »

"Not the answer I was looking for, but perhaps locating even one of them provides a chance..."

She paused to think to herself, as the prisoners began to argue amongst themselves.

"Listen up. The guards fortifying their position is not the only reason you would need to hurry. When the time provided by the key ends, and this cell stops ticking, if the correct number of living people aren't inside of the cell, a spell will be cast on this entire fortress. The guards and scholars will mostly be unaffected, but everyone else will be paralyzed for several hours, including us."

"I was planning for you to learn this the hard way, but it would be foolish to squander the opportunity altogether. This could be once in a lifetime."

For a moment, it seemed like excitement had begun to escape her lips... until she caught herself and paused again.

"But at the same time, I do not want to instill false hope. There is no guarantee that locating the boy will create a way out. It is the only unused avenue left, but..."

As she spoke, however, the wizard prisoner the guards had brought (and which the group would be forgiven to have forgotten altogether), believing this an opportunity to evade the old woman's wrath,  trembled back to his feet, and made for a mad sprint.

"Guards! She's escaping! Highwind's esca-"

But with a single, near-imperceptible reflex, she pulled the bloodied lance from her arm and impaled the still-loyal prisoner.

"...Oh dear."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 02:04:39 am by Unlurking Sentinel »
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2021, 04:19:57 pm »

Though Claus was very attentive to the woman's lecture, he certainly didn't pay any lack of attention to the wizard prisoner getting impaled.

"Hm. Quick and probably painless. Okay, we'd better get going. Now. Explanations on the way."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2021, 09:58:53 pm »

The old woman eyed the corpse she had just produced, before removing the spear from it and turning towards the prisoners.

"...Indeed, there's no time to waste. You'll need my aid if w- if you're to actually accomplish something."

"That being the case, I suppose you'll need a name from me. I said I lost everything worth remembering, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten, as much good as that would do me."

"'Morrigan' will do."

Morrigan Highwind has joined the party!

As the party approached the corridor out, guards stationed at a nearby intersection, the nearby guards saw the prisoners approaching. One of the sentries turned to the mage with a crossbow.

Commander, alert the others! We'll hold them here!
26:59
~~Turn 1~~
Player Phase

Limit: 0/255 {0}
EXP:   10/100

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:16:38 pm by Unlurking Sentinel »
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2021, 10:17:11 pm »

"Excellent. Now— First order of business..." Claus drew his rapier, taking a deep breath as he looked at the guards. "I've practiced the theorem for so, so long. Now, I'm finally going to be able to apply it in combat... Ahem. Lesson one— Heavily armored enemies lack one key component that they sacrificed in order to protect themselves from sticks and stones. That is the lack of magical defense— their 'mind,' so to say."

"Allow me to demonstrate. Thunder!" With confidence, Claus made a downward slashing motion as lightning struck from above!

Claus to F24, Thunder Sentry A

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2021, 10:34:27 pm »

"Yes yes, we all get that you're smart and magical Santa Claus. Keep up the good work!" He snickers at the boy before tossing three separate pouches to Djedre and Akira & the old lady with little to no warning. "Spoils from forest monsters~. You all will get more use out of it than me, enjoooy~." With his pockets lighter the casually walks up to the now shocked sentry before suddenly going into a dash once close. The cat aims to fill his now empty pockets with some more pilfering.

Give the 5/5 use Potions to Djedre and Akira & the 2/5 use one to the old lady (Morrigan) before the battle begins, Ivoh'to moves to E24 and Mug those Eyedrops from Sentry A
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:21:40 pm by Aurorix »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2021, 10:39:39 pm »

"...I don't understand why you would refer to me as Santa Claus— if it is due to the fact that I wear plenty of red and white, that is a weak correlation. I lack the beard, white hair, correct type of hat, glasses in some interpretations..." Claus drones on mid-spellcasting, continuing to suck the fun out of the atmosphere. "...lack of a hearty laugh, excessive body weight— actually, putting a stop to that, it would most likely have to do with the fact that I have not introduced myself. I am Claus Palermo. There, now that's settled." Claus adjusted his hat with his free hand, continuing his serious face.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2021, 08:29:09 am »

footsteps and noise behind the party.

This is going to become messy, there isn't much room to move, and if we stick together we may end up crushed from two sides.

"It may be wise for some of us to guard our rear while the others clear a path forward."

To K18, check J18.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2021, 01:03:57 pm »

As Djedre was swept along in all the chaos, somewhat overwhelmed - she wasn't naive about magic, but still inexperienced due to her own lack of being able to wield it - she noticed a glimmer in a side-chamber close to their cell.

Her axe and armor.

She didn't know exactly why it was there. Maybe they were stored until further investigation due to the unusual quality of her equipment. Assuming that they rightfully belong to one of the nobles in the area (which is true) and that is has been stolen by her (which is not true) and not wanting to potentially damage it by carrying it all over the place until it could have been examined. Maybe it was just a heavy piece of equipment and they were to carry it later with a dedicated crew, which would take some time considering the safety level here. They weren't in the cell for too long, so multiple theories could apply here.

But all that matters right now is her stepping into the side-chamber and equipping her stuff at a surprisingly fast speed. She certainly is used to put the armor on by herself.

Djedre steps out.

"Ah, welcome back, my second skin..."

She glares towards the opposition.

"Now, you lot, step aside! We have an innocent youth to rescue and my body shall not know rest until I know him to be in safety!"

Starting the map Defending.
E-25, attack Sentinel B.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2021, 03:42:25 pm »

Lenn'art tested the feel of the rod in his hand as everyone was getting ready to run. He... didn't actually know who this boy they kept mentioning was or why they were so intent on rescuing him, but if the guards wanted them locked up maybe he was like, a prodigy or some important political prisoner. Besides, it'd weigh heavily on him to let a kid rot in prison even if they weren't there for good (well, bad) reason. Seeing the blonde woman emerge from a side room, now in armor and with an axe, he figures that she'd be a fairly good person to stay behind. Waiting for a lull in her combat, he breaths deeply remembering what he was taught.
"Keep calm, recall how they move and... STRIKE!"

With that small amount of warning afforded to Djedre, Lenn'art flanks around her in a low stance as he stoops forward with his rod near his mouth. Claus would likely realize that the motion is wholly unneeded as Lenn'art pretends to spit at the Sentry in time with his rod releasing a burst of seeds.

Lenn'art goes to F25 and uses Seed Cannon on Sentinel B as well.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2021, 03:59:26 pm »

After casting his spell, Claus whipped his head over to look at Lenn'art with astonishment.

"You're a blue mage! Why, I never expected to run into one here of all places— I must observe your technique in the future. One question if time permits— is the motion to spit as if you were casting a necessity? Does it help you to feel more in-tune with a Mandragora, or does it aid with the casting? No need to answer immediately— I'll remember my question for later."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27