Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60858 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2020, 09:01:45 pm »

The issue with the spikes has been resolved, we had to get rid of the sky tram station first. Since we needed to do that anyway, so it's no problem.

Also, I've noticed that interest seems to have been declining lately. After we finish the arctic building and have every exhibit filled, do you all want to move on to the next game? We'll be playing Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis.

Ghost Rhino

April-May, Year Six

An odd visual glitch turned one of our white rhinos temporarily transparent. At least she seems happy about it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As it turns out, Deinosuchus takes two years to reach its full size. Our specimen is now fully grown.

Occasional injuries are an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of working with wildlife.

A baby woolly rhino grazing among the flowers.

Honestly, I just wanted to show a gharial again. Feels like a while since we've checked in with them.

After years of maintaining a continual 5-star rating, the zoo briefly dropped down to 4-1/2 stars. Looks like the problem pertains to a slight decrease in average guest happiness caused by people getting tired as they scale the arctic building. We've placed a gazebo and two sofas in the building to hopefully solve the problem for now.

Our lynx died of old age, leaving that exhibit up for grabs again.

Turns out Pirate Parker's still in our zoo. He's decided to leave after finally getting bored with his 16-month long visit to the zoo. While he was here, he bought himself five stuffed dolphins and a whale shark backpack.

We're far enough along in construction and funding now that the last major obstacle was the sky tram station. We've removed it for now to later replace it on the new roof. We've probably got enough money now to finish the building, I'm just out of time for tonight.

Surprisingly rapid construction.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 04, 2020, 12:57:14 am »

>Also, I've noticed that interest seems to have been declining lately. After we finish the arctic building and have every exhibit filled, do you all want to move on to the next game? We'll be playing Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis.

I've noticed that as well, I'd say to put it on hiatus for a month or two. A break might help gain people's interest again when you start the next game, and you could probably use a break as well.

>Turns out Pirate Parker's still in our zoo. He's decided to leave after finally getting bored with his 16-month long visit to the zoo. While he was here, he bought himself five stuffed dolphins and a whale shark backpack.

One million dollars is *literal* pocket change for this guy as you can see by the image, and yet he still decided to use our zoo as an open air home for almost a year and a half... At this point we need to do away with admission fees and start charging rent.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:04:14 am by lukerules117 »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 04, 2020, 04:44:35 am »

>Also, I've noticed that interest seems to have been declining lately. After we finish the arctic building and have every exhibit filled, do you all want to move on to the next game? We'll be playing Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis.

I've noticed that as well, I'd say to put it on hiatus for a month or two. A break might help gain people's interest again when you start the next game, and you could probably use a break as well.

Yeah, I agree with that. Finish the arctic exhibit, then take a hiatus, and after that, start the thread about this Jurassic Park game.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2020, 05:07:46 am »

I thought there were a few other animals that people were wanting to get as well as finish the arctic building.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 04, 2020, 08:30:59 pm »

A month-long break sounds good. That's the plan then, we'll finish the arctic building, get to a point that all of our exhibits are filled, and then take a hiatus. After that, we'll move on to Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis. I would like to keep using this thread with an adjusted OP and title, but we'll see.

The Arctic Building

May, Year Six

The Arctic Building is finally complete.

It's a pretty empty inside right now, as we're still moving in. So far, the short-faced bear and Cobblepot's buildings have been moved into the structure. The sky tram has been rebuilt as well.

Not much other progress today, since I spent nearly the entire update paused and carefully putting together the building. We can see the inside through the walls by using a filter that hides elevated paths.

A dwarf crocodile rests by the shore.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2020, 04:37:47 am »

That building looks real fancy even though its empty, we gonna pimp it out with some fancy stuff before we call it done?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2020, 09:38:10 am »

Sure, do you have any suggestions? I was probably going to add more tundra-themed food stands, a gift cart, and at least one fountain. The lower area will be pretty full once we build the exhibits down there, but we can see about putting things inside.

I also think we should adjust the ground level's walls to add some windows. It's a bit gloomy in there right now.
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2020, 06:06:10 am »

Adding windows to the ground floor sounds like a good move, as for fancy stuff I was thinking like potted plants, benches, and maybe some info signs if they have some.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 07, 2020, 08:56:59 pm »

Clever girl

May-June, Year Six

We'll be focusing on saving money today.

We were offered a pair of saber-toothed cats and money in exchange for curing their disease. We took the offer, merging the former wetlands/short-faced bear and peafowl/vampire beast/spanish lynx exhibits to house them. I know there was a request to get vampire beasts again, but I'd really rather not wait that long to finish the game. At this point, the zoo is so massive and ambitious that I get alerts that an animal wants food, a mate, or poop cleaned literally every second or so. Every single time, it's accompanied by a *donk* sound.

One hint later, we had cured the saber cats disease and settled them in. There are actually many different species of saber toothed cats, but the zoopedia specifically identifies this animal as Smilodon fatalis. Hopefully putting such a famous animal near the front gate will provide much needed donations.

One of our bluebucks also got a disease immediately afterward, but unfortunately it was one we already had a cure to. Unfortunate because we couldn't get the $5,000 reward for curing it again, but at least the bluebuck got a quick treatment.

As it stands, we had just enough money to ensure our monthly debts didn't last as long. In the meantime, we focused on recreating Velociraptor. The chupacabra's empty exhibit was about the right size, and we were able to buy the necessary redecorating just before our bills came in.

Based on my last zoo that had these, we'll definitely want to get them a heat lamp. We'll take care of that later when we have the money. For now, they can keep themselves entertained with one of the dolphins' spare pursuit balls. We got lucky and produced a male and female pair of super Velociraptor on the first try, so we didn't need to make any more.

Sometimes, I feel like our birds aren't really securely contained.

I noticed one of our guests seems to really like the gift shops. He's currently got four stuffed dolphins, three hats (one a large T. rex mask), a stuffed mastodon, and a hip pack. He was annoyed at the moment due to not finding a bench when he needed one, but hopefully he'll feel better later.

A tiny raptor stalking through the cacti.

My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2020, 04:53:22 am »

Sounds like we're running out of things to on the list to add, also the killer penguin is still alive how is that thing still kicking when everything else seems to die off like nothing?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2020, 09:17:58 am »

Sounds like we're running out of things to on the list to add, also the killer penguin is still alive how is that thing still kicking when everything else seems to die off like nothing?

I’m not 100% sure it’s not immortal.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2020, 08:48:36 pm »

The Ultimate Challenge.

June-July, Year Six

The latter half of June started largely uneventfully, as I wondered how we were going to manage to turn enough of a profit to not get trapped in a debt loop. Things weren't looking promising. I was even considering desperate moves such as selling the extinct research lab, the compost building, and maybe the dolphin show to temporarily raise enough money to complete the last of our goals. It was at that point that the Animal Hygiene Association returned with the best challenge we could ever hope to get.

$107,450 to keep all of our 307 animals clean for a month. Not only does our ability to stop time and sort the animals by cleanliness level in the lists make this easier, but they count all of our animals to determine the reward and crocodiles keep themselves clean by swimming. For all the inconveniences they cause, sometimes maintaining the croc army really pays off.

Got a cool shot of the Deinosuchus basking on the shore.

While keeping our animals clean, I noticed that the jeeps hadn't moved in a while. Turns out the crocodiles were keeping them stuck on the road, semipermanently unable to move without running them over. Inside were three guests, each with all their needs in the red.

No telling how long they've been stuck in the crocodile swamp. Bare minimum is two months, based on the lack of donations at the station. Probably quite a bit longer. At least they think it's still a pretty good tour on the whole.

Amusingly, there are still guests waiting in line at the station.

We moved the crocodiles out of the way to allow them to escape. The first car had run off the road and required that we manually rescue the guests, but the second one was able to finally complete its route. Starving, dehydrated, and exhausted, but finally free, Jim Meston walked among humans again for the first time in months. He gave us a $200 donation for the ride.

Several more guests immediately got on the jeep, but we stopped them. Best to keep the tour closed until we can get it running safely again or replace it. Maybe another sky tram, so the crocodiles can't block the cars?

Our keepers remain ahead of the competition.

After a full month of near-continuously teleporting around the zoo and brushing animals, we achieved victory.

Yelp reviews for the "Stuck in an immobile car surrounded by crocodiles in the Everglades summer for months" tour.

My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 09, 2020, 04:30:07 am »

Strange that people love the tour even though they just sat there trapped in a car for months, maybe they got stockholm syndrome with the guy driving the jeep.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2020, 12:47:40 am »

The Hellcannon Gardens

July-August, Year Six

"Hello, and welcome to the Hellcannon Gardens Zoo! I'm Educator Wong, and I'll be your guide for today's visit to the Gardens!

"First things first, we'll be visiting our famous crocodilians on the swamp tour! Please enjoy the newly revamped tour system. Your safety is our top priority."

"Housing well over 100 Cuban crocodiles at any given time, Hellcannon is easily the world's top contributor to the conservation of these critically endangered animals."

"The black caiman is one of the Amazon river's most important apex predators."

"Our Deinosuchus is one of the oldest, largest, and deadliest animals in the entire park."

“Chinese alligators are smaller but their bellies are fully armored, so it kind of equals out.”

"The slender-snouted gharial is specially adapted for catching fish."

"Of course, our tour wouldn't be complete without the American alligator, an iconic example of Floridian wildlife and one of the most ecologically important species along the southeast coast of the United States."

"Though our zoo is always growing, our main entrance area has remained largely the same through it all."

"On our left, we have chupacabras. Please be very quiet when viewing this exhibit. Do not use flash photography within sight of this exhibit. Do not move suddenly within sight of this exhibit. Do not carry milk or other dairy products within sight of this exhibit."

"As proven by experiments carried out at this very facility, the Tyrannosaurus rex was a hunter."

"Our family of peaceful manatees has always been among the most relaxing sights in the zoo."

"Our dolphins and pilot whale always enjoy putting on a show for tourists, while their main aquarium provides a more educational perspective on their day to day life."

"The swift movements of marlins pursuing prey provides a dramatic contrast to the slow but patient filter feeding of the whale shark."

"All creatures great and small can find a home here. Our animal houses provide shelter to those species too small to benefit from a full-sized exhibit."

"In a path kept away from the hustle and bustle found elsewhere, you can visit the hellcannon that lends its name to our Gardens."

"A community of peafowl, bluebucks, and a unicorn enjoys a prominent place at the center of our zoo."

"Our tropical rainforest exhibit brings together a herd of bongos and a flock of dodos."

"The archetypical rival of primitive man, Smilodon is now a peaceful member of our zoo's community".

"Our family of dwarf crocodiles is the only exhibit to remain unchanged from the earliest days of our zoo."

"Crossing over to the other side of the zoo on our elevated path, make sure to take a moment to visit our gift shop and enjoy the savanna exhibit beneath your feet. White rhinos, Masai giraffes, zebras, giant warthogs, dromedary camels, and Sivatherium have all found a home there. If you look closely, you can see a mischievous giraffe has momentarily climbed into the tropical rainforest area."

"Sea otters are known for holding hands while sleeping, to ensure they don't drift apart."

"A pile of meat and a heat lamp provide a paradise for our baby Velociraptor."

"Woolly rhinos and American mastodons can be found together in our Pleistocene forest."

"A preserved section of our region's natural wetland terrain houses sandhill cranes and our original animals, the African buffalo."

"Nearing the end of our tour, we come to our famous Arctic Building."

"On the ground floor, four different species of boreal animals are available for viewing."

"This....this is a killer penguin. Best not to disturb him at feeding time."

"Like the killer penguin, our more mundane emperor penguins exhibit is designed with an outdoor section. The research lab where all of our prehistoric animals were created can be seen just outside."

"With genetic enhancements applied in the creation lab, our short-faced bear is easily the largest bear to ever exist."

"Wolverines are the best there is at what they do. But what they do best isn't very nice."

"Refreshments are available on the second floor, courtesy of Mr. Cobblepot's recently expanded Iceberg Lounge."

"On the top floor, our sky tram tour and tower ride provide spectacular views of the entire park."

"We hope you enjoyed your stay! If you're interested in supporting our conservation mission, donations are greatly appreciated. Please come again sometime, and visit our sister facilities at the Boatmurdered and Headshoots zoos!"

And that's it for Zoo Tycoon 2. I'll take a break for a month now, and when we come back we can start on Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis. Much like what we've been doing, Operation Genesis has us building our own Jurassic Park.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:51:15 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2020, 07:51:34 am »

I really like the little tour thing at the end of these, also I'm excited for the next zoo especially the inevitable part where something escapes and eats the guests.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30