Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 59820 times)

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2020, 09:36:48 pm »

I really like the little tour thing at the end of these, also I'm excited for the next zoo especially the inevitable part where something escapes and eats the guests.

Definitely, it wouldn't be a proper Jurassic Park without at least someone being eaten.-

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2020, 10:35:14 pm »

I really like the little tour thing at the end of these, also I'm excited for the next zoo especially the inevitable part where something escapes and eats the guests.

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Definitely, it wouldn't be a proper Jurassic Park without at least someone being eaten.-

I’ll look forward to seeing what you all decide to make.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2020, 07:08:31 pm »

Well, the month long absence is nearly over. Bay 12 is about to open Jurassic Park. I've updated the OP with the new information.

Before we get started, which dinosaurs do you all want to start with? The OP goes into more detail, but in this game our dinosaur selection is based on unlocking dig sites. One of three sites will be randomly unlocked at the start of our run. Since we can simply restart until we get the site we want, I'll let you decide which one we get. We can go back later and pick the other ones, and/or we can choose from the six additional options we get later. Over the course of the game, we will get a total of five out of nine dig sites.

Judith River Group A gives us Albertosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Pachycephalosaurus, Hell Creek Formation A gives us Acrocanthosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Torosaurus, and finally Morrison Formation A gives us Stegosaurus, Dryosaurus, and Ceratosaurus.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2020, 02:44:52 am »

I was just wondering when the new park was going to start and here this was when I logged on, already looking forward to the horrible great park we create.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2020, 12:36:39 pm »

Oh hey, dusted off my Bay12 acc just to post in this thread. I vote for Judith River Group, because I like Ankylosauruses.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2020, 08:42:38 pm »

Welcome to Jurassic Park.

January, 2000.

"Hello! My name is John Hammond, and I am in charge of Ingen, the company you now work for! Your job is quite simple, really. Build the park, create dinosaurs, and entertain people. Of course, we will keep an eye on you as well. We'll watch your park rating, and give you feedback on your performance. But in the end, the success or failure of Jurassic Park is all up to you."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We'll begin by setting up our most important buildings and hatching our first dinosaurs. Ingen has provided us with $60,000 and access to the Judith River Group A digsite to get started.

Our park begins with an entrance building. This is the most important structure we have, since guests are brought in here through the helipads. Next door is the second most significant building, our ranger station. The ranger helicopter there will be our first line of defense against most dinosaur related problems we might have. Aside from those two, we have a viewing vent, a food kiosk, a restroom, and a cleaner station with a single janitor.

We've also got our first pen built. The natural river will provide water, but I haven't put the feeder in yet. I'm leaving it to you to decide what dinosaur we get first.

We don't yet have enough DNA to produce an Ankylosaurus, so our choices are a herbivorous Pachycephalosaurus or a carnivorous Albertosaurus. The Pachycephalosaurus is cheaper, longer lasting, and more social, but the Albertosaurus is more popular with the guests.

If you're not satisfied with the current lifespans, we could wait a bit for our paleontologists to find more DNA. In the meantime, we've assigned our researchers to developing the gyro stabilizers for our ranger helicopter so we aren't helpless if a storm hits.

The fledgling park.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)

There might be some hiccups as we get started. Being a 17 year old game, I'm having a bit of difficulty finding an easy way to take screenshots and figuring out where it saves the game. For some reason, Fn+Printscreen doesn't work normally.
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 11, 2020, 12:10:57 am »

I think the Pachycephalosaurus is a better idea. It's good to start with something we can trust to be reliable, and I think it'll be easier to feed it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 11, 2020, 04:53:54 am »

$2000 for something that dies in ten months doesn't seem worth it I say we wait a bit longer so it lives longer then buy the Pachywhateveritsnameis.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 11, 2020, 06:32:32 am »

As bad as 10months/$2000 sounds, the other dino is far less efficient. Pachycephalosaurus it shall be.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:18 pm »

Opening day

January-April, 2000

I've downloaded Fraps, so it should be much easier to take screenshots from now on.

We'll collect some more fossils and then hatch our first dinosaurs. Dr. Grant is our advisor in charge of paleontology.

We've got one dig team for now. We can hire more later for faster results.

In the meantime, Dr. Wu finished researching the gyro stabilizer and I switched the researchers to making a rabies vaccine. Although expensive, eliminating storms grounding our chopper or rabid predators should make the park significantly safer in the long run.

Once that's done, do you have any advice on what we should focus our research on? So you don't need to go back to the OP, I've copied the list here.

It took a bit longer than expected due to our initial search being unsuccessful, but we were able to find a low-quality Pachycephalosaurus fossil. Extracting its DNA content boosted our dinosaur's lifespan from 10 months to a full year.

With that, we created our first two dinosaurs.

Now that we have dinosaurs, we can open the park.

Resting by the water.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2020, 01:51:00 am »

I'm going to recommend researching the ATM and making an ATM exhibit, a known cash-cow for zoos worldwide!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2020, 02:58:00 am »

I was also going to suggest the ATM, so people have more money to spend at out expensive as hell zoo.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2020, 08:53:34 pm »

I cured rabies and all I got was this negative performance review.

April-July, 2000

As we waited to begin our next projects, we got to see the Pachycephalosaurus have a dominance battle. They perform these on a regular basis.

Despite bashing each other with their armored heads, they never get hurt in the process. Triceratops and Torosaurus also have harmless dominance fights like this.

While the dinosaurs battled, the fossil market opened and Dr. Grant reported Albertosaurus fossils. We set them to extracting. Albertosaurus should make a good second dinosaur, once we get to 100% DNA. I went ahead and bought our second dig team to halve the time we spend on looking for fossils. Later teams get more and more expensive.

Our first guests have arrived.

I've noticed before that the helicopter can stress dinosaurs if it flies over their cage too often, so I kept track of the flight path. We won't want to place any cages along this line on the map.

Per your instructions, we began researching the ATM upon inventing a vaccine for rabies.

Those of you who wanted an Ankylosaurus will be happy to know that we've already found our first samples for them.

We've experienced our first major bit of adverse weather. A thunderstorm hit the island. Thankfully, the chance of our taking any real damage from the lighting is very low, given our tiny park. Getting rained on annoys our guests though, so I took the liberty of researching umbrellas right after ATMs.

John Hammond contacted us to let us know that the park has reached 0.5 stars of fame.

Ingen sends us quarterly reports reacting to our progress. Neither has been very good so far. The first was an almost immediately moot demand that we open the park, and the second expresses their concern that we haven't been building enough.

Now that we have umbrellas, I went ahead and researched fountains just because they're the cheapest project available.

It is a bit slow going early on. I think our top priority at the moment should be to get Albertosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus to 100% DNA, so we can begin supplementing our income with sold fossils. That will prove to be an extremely important part of our budget.

A Pachycephalosaurus eats a bale of prehistoric vegetation ejected from the herbivore feeder.

Park fame:0.5 stars.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2020, 04:31:08 am »

Aw I wanted hoards of rabid dinosaurs to great our guests.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2020, 08:46:10 pm »

Carnivores

July-October, 2000

We've reached 100% DNA for Pachycephalosaurus. New members of the species will live up to four years.

With the fountain complete, I'd like to focus on getting all the vaccines ready preemptively, and then researching hatchery immunization. That will completely eliminate diseases from the game, as long as we also vaccinate any dinosaurs we produce before the project is complete.

Though it defaults to being free, we're allowed to charge guests up to $10 for the privilege of using the island's only toilet.  If we're evil, of course.

Hatcheries cost $6,000, and we're only allowed to place up to eight of them in a park. To save us money in the long term, we've built a breeder pen behind the ranger station. We can produce dinosaurs here, tranquilize them with the helicopter, and then move them to their permanent enclosures. I think we should leave the one in the Pachycephalosaurus enclosure, however. They're herbivores, so they will be willing to share their enclosure with any other herbivore besides Kentrosaurus. No idea why, but Kentrosaurus is the only herbivore that can't share an exhibit with the other plant-eaters.

Several things happened in rapid succession after we built the breeder pen. We moved on to building a new enclosure for the Albertosaurus, and halfway through that we earned our first full star of park fame.

As a result, we can now choose our next dig site. Please pick carefully, we only get four more choices. I've copied the list of which dinosaurs are at which sites here for convenience.

Also, we made about $3,500 from selling a Pachycephalosaurus fossil, so we went ahead and got the remaining bit of Albertosaurus DNA from the fossil market.

Waiting for 100% DNA increased Albertosaurus' lifespan from the initial 6 months to four years. It's not always four years, but it's usually about that much.

Our dig teams at Judith River found amber. Amber's usually a gamble. It delivers a massive amount of DNA when extracted, but we won't know which of the site's species it's for in advance. If it's Albertosaurus or Pachycephalosaurus DNA, it's useless to us. If it's Ankylosaurus DNA, it'll be very helpful. Alternatively, we can sell it for $9,750.

Putting that aside for the moment, we have created our first two Albertosaurus.

Cloning them put us $316 into the red for a few moments, which greatly angered our bosses.

Fortunately, we were back up to $4,110 almost immediately. Grant sold an Albertosaurus fossil for about $2,100, and our $400 ticket prices took care of the rest.

One more shot of the Pachycephalosaurus.

Park fame:1 star.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30