Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60853 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2020, 11:09:18 pm »

I vote for Flaming Cliffs because it comes with an ornithomimid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 04:09:45 pm by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2020, 02:48:56 am »

I say we charge to uses the bathroom, to further enforce that our park is expensive as hell.

Flaming Cliffs!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2020, 07:23:22 am »

I rather wanted Triceratops for sentimental reasons, but that formation duplicates Pachycephalosaurus so it's not an ideal investment. Morrison Formation B for an assortment of sauropods.

It doesn't seem like we have any tacky souvenirs to sell (other than umbrellas?) so charging for the restrooms is fine with me.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »

New years

October 2000-January 2001

Mightymushroom mentioned the lack of tacky souvenirs, so we'll take care of that as our next research project.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Flaming Cliffs will be our next dig site. We traded our amber for a third dig team and sent two to work the new site while one remains behind in Judith River to keep finding extra bones to sell and finish looking for Ankylosaurus. Sorry Mightymushroom. Maybe we can get Morrison Formation B later.

Our park is getting pretty dirty, so we've hired a full team of five janitors. That should take care of it for the time being.

Using the bathroom now costs $5.

This has quickly begun to anger many of the guests.

Our team in Judith River found opals.

Our Albertosaurus have settled in well. It takes a bit for the dinosaurs to wake up after being tranquilized, but they're active now. To the left, you can see live cows roaming the enclosure. They're there for exactly the reason you'd expect.

Up to you if you want to keep things this way, but the new bathroom fee really is upsetting most of the guests. The problem's getting worse, so by now nearly everyone has been effected.

Despite this, we've made it to 1.5 stars anyway.

Decided to take a gamble on some amber from Judith River in hopes of getting Ankylosaurus.

It didn't pay off.

On a more positive note, our gift shop is open. Now our guests can buy a stuffed dinosaur with an amber keychain for a mere $36.

We can actually see the guests carrying their overpriced toys around, if we look closely.

No sign of Velociraptor yet, but the Flaming Cliffs are yielding Gallimimus and Homalocephale DNA at a decent rate.

Several things happened as we rang in the new year.

Our Albertosaurus earned us our first positive quarterly review.

A disease outbreak threatened our Pachycephalosaurus herd, but thankfully it was something we already had a vaccine/cure for.

Finally, I noticed that our initial Pachycephalosaurus pair doesn't have much longer to live due to their poor DNA quality. To deal with this, we've ordered five more.

Jurassic Park is firmly committed to the health and well-being of all dinosaurs on our island.

Park rating:1.5 stars
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:11 am »

I guess we could lower the price on the bathrooms, but don't let them use them for free.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2020, 01:41:48 pm »

Is there any way we could add multiple bathrooms and have each one have a separate price, with a secret free bathroom hidden inside one of the dinosaur pens?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2020, 05:37:49 pm »

Is there any way we could add multiple bathrooms and have each one have a separate price, with a secret free bathroom hidden inside one of the dinosaur pens?

We could add more bathrooms, and we could put one in a dinosaur pen. How would the guests get to it, though?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2020, 06:13:31 pm »

We could add more bathrooms, and we could put one in a dinosaur pen. How would the guests get to it, though?
Very quickly.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2020, 08:55:38 pm »

I think I'm going to need to veto intentionally feeding the guests to dinosaurs this early unless you're all sure you want to do it. Basically, there are two ways it could go. If we don't activate Emergency Mode and let the dinosaurs loose on the guests, the resulting lawsuits will crush our finances and shut down the park. If we do have emergency mode on, the deaths won't cost us anything but all the guests will flee the park before anything interesting happens.

The old and new

January-April, 2001

Our first Velociraptor remains are in.

We've lowered the bathroom price to $1, to see if that hurts us as much as before.

To compensate, we've raised the admission fee to $600.

Apparently, people really liked that. Our park is now at two stars, and as a result we can pick another dig site. Three choices left.

Some guests are complaining about crowding. If the new $600 prices don't solve that, it may provide an excuse to hike the prices up to $800.

We've reached 55% DNA for Gallimimus! We can begin producing them with six-month lifespans, or we can wait for more DNA to make them last for years.

Everybody seems happy now that we're charging only a dollar. Now we'll try out $4, see if that works, and so on until we find the exact value guests are willing to pay to be allowed to poop.

We've bought a fourth dig team for $20,000.

Ingen gave us a rather unimpressed quarterly report.

Judith River turned up the best possible DNA source in the game, Unique Quality amber. We'll take the gamble, since it might give us an Ankylosaurus.

This time, it did work out. Ankylosaurus is now available, with 60% DNA and a 7-month lifespan. *Edit, it's now 74% and a year-long lifespan.

A fossil market purchase helped our progress along.

Our original two Pachycephalosaurus have died. I caught the last moments of one of them. It started out resting peacefully in the grass, but then rose up to fight one last dominance battle with another Pachycephalosaurus. It didn't have time to finish however and dropped dead mid-fight. The other one considered this a valid victory and roared triumphantly.

An Albertosaurus drinking from the river.

Park rating:2 stars
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:58:00 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 15, 2020, 10:15:18 pm »

I'm voting Morrison B, again.
Also, woo Ankylosaurus!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2020, 01:54:19 am »

I don't get how the park is crowded if there are only 39 people there, also I see this as a good time to raise the price!

Morrison Formation B

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2020, 08:54:34 pm »

Armored dinosaurs

April-August, 2001

Morrison Formation B will be our new dig site. Looking forward to Dilophosaurus and the sauropods!

Also, I just found out there's a button to hide the UI, so I should be able to take better screenshots now.

We're getting very close to 100% on Ankylosaurus, so we'll send the teams in Judith River to the Morrison Formation and finish it with fossil market purchases.

Velociraptor has passed 50% DNA!

The park has reached 2.5 stars.

Per King Zultan's suggestion, we're raising the price of entry. Jurassic Park tickets now cost $1,000.

The Ankylosaurus genome is now at 100%, completing our first dig site.

Our first two ankylosaurs have joined the park.

Homalocephale is now at 50%. *Edit, now 92%. Seems almost certain it'll be the next addition to the herbivore pen.

Our Morrison Formation teams found high quality amber almost immediately. This is especially good because we've barely started there, guaranteeing that the DNA will be useful. It turned out to be Dilophosaurus and singlehandedly boosted that species' DNA to 29%.

We've added a few extras to the path to hopefully keep the guests happier.

We had an outbreak of Dino Belly at the exact moment our park was being reviewed for the quarterly report. This will probably be our last significant encounter with disease, since we now have cures for every illness and we're working on hatchery immunization. It's not critical, but we'll go ahead and send the helicopter around to vaccinate all existing dinosaurs against everything just to make sure we never have to deal with this again.

Dr. Grant found $8,660 worth of gold while looking for fossils. We could sell it immediately, but I'd like to hold on to it for now. We're in no rush, and it'd be fun to build up the Jurassic Park Treasure a bit first. Or at least keep it as insurance in case anything goes wrong.

Hatchery Immunization is complete and the vaccinations are being carried out. Next on our list is the visitor shelter. That will let us build bunkers guests can hide in during emergencies without leaving the island.

Disease has officially been permanently wiped from the island.

Selling tickets.

Park rating:2.5 stars
My mods and forum games.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2020, 09:43:50 pm »

How feasible costly would it be to put an enormous herbivore enclosure across the entire southern part of the island? The primary focus would be for Jeep and balloon tours, but the vastly extended fence-side path would hopefully reduce pedestrian crowding also.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2020, 09:50:10 pm »

Theoretically, we could ultimately turn the park itself into a protected fortress for the guests and have a whole ecosystem outside. Once we have enough dinosaurs wandering around that the guests always have something to see, that idea is very much viable. One of the game’s scenarios revolves around doing your idea.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:52:03 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2020, 05:51:34 am »

Why do we need to build a safe space for our guests if they don't feel safe they can leave!

What is dino belly?

And +1 to the the car tour thing.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30